PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Help

MCHSoxFan
07-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Note- Mods, I am not sure if this belongs here (Clubhouse). My father and I are gonna go to a game together. The seats we are deciding on would either be row 1 of the JBC or row 1 on the White Sox dugout. In this case price is NOT an issue. He has never sat in either of the seats. We both have sat in the Scout Seats so we don't want to get those. Where would rather sit? Thanks for any help!

jabrch
07-10-2008, 11:48 AM
The key here is the amenities in the JBC. Assuming you are going in July/Aug, you can expect heat. Are you and him the kind who melt? If so - go with the JBC. Do you like the creature comforts of food/drink/wait staff, etc.? Then go with JBC.

If you like being really close to the action, sit over the dugout and enjoy the game.

It's all about preference - but either way you will be in great seats to enjoy a great team play a great game!

MCHSoxFan
07-10-2008, 11:56 AM
The key here is the amenities in the JBC. Assuming you are going in July/Aug, you can expect heat. Are you and him the kind who melt? If so - go with the JBC. Do you like the creature comforts of food/drink/wait staff, etc.? Then go with JBC.

If you like being really close to the action, sit over the dugout and enjoy the game.

It's all about preference - but either way you will be in great seats to enjoy a great team play a great game!

Thanks for responding! And yes, BOTH are really great seats to watch a really great team! :smile: Well, we do love the food up in the JBC and the view. It is a night game so the weather will not really be an issue. But, you are right. It will come down to the amenities. As I said, the all-you-can eat/drink is great. However, sitting right where the players are is soo cool, too. Especially since I know some people in the clubhouse myself. I will keep reading and keep on thinking. Thanks so much!

Rocky Soprano
07-10-2008, 12:03 PM
I agree with jabrch. I personally would take the seats behind the Sox dugout just because I would feel part of the action. I've sat in Row 1 behind the visitors dugout and it was beyond awesome. The view is beyond great and to be able to be that close to the players was a treat. I do have to say that the amenities of the JBC due make it a tough decision. I'm sure you will have a great time no matter where you sit.

DumpJerry
07-10-2008, 12:07 PM
I've sat in JBC and the second row behind the Sox' dugout. Go with the dugout seats. While the amenities, etc are real nice in JBC, but you feel removed from the crowd. I felt like I was in a sports bar watching the game on an extremely high quality HD television.

Sad
07-10-2008, 12:09 PM
sat in the first row behind Sox dugout many times-
I'd highly recommend these

MCHSoxFan
07-10-2008, 12:11 PM
I agree with jabrch. I personally would take the seats behind the Sox dugout just because I would feel part of the action. I've sat in Row 1 behind the visitors dugout and it was beyond awesome. The view is beyond great and to be able to be that close to the players was a treat. I do have to say that the amenities of the JBC due make it a tough decision. I'm sure you will have a great time no matter where you sit.

Thanks too for the help. See, you just stated why I am having sooo much trouble with this. I would love to be right @ the players. However, we like the extras in the JBC.

MCHSoxFan
07-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Looks like people here on leaning towards the dugout seats. Dump, you are right. That is why I prefer the Scout Seats OVER the JBC. I am now leaning towards the lowers. I will talk to my dad. I mean, we have sat in the Scout many times (Because my seats are there), so he know all about the food/drinks. He has never sat row 1 behind the dugout. The closest was like 136 (Really on-deck circle) row 10 in 2005. We actually got those on the day of the game for a Kids-Day!!! :o: Keep posting. I will talk it over with my dad. He said he may prefer the dugout lowers. Thanks for all of you help guys! :smile:

jabrch
07-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I am now leaning towards the lowers. I will talk to my dad. I mean, we have sat in the Scout many times (Because my seats are there), so he know all about the food/drinks. He has never sat row 1 behind the dugout. The closest was like 136 (Really on-deck circle) row 10 in 2005.

Given that, and knowing that you have Scout Seats, I think this is more a no-brainer. Take the Row 1 and enjoy it. If you want insurance just in case things get ugly with the weather, or you are hungry for more than just normal ballpark food, buy a few passes to the Stadium Club for that day just in case.

MCHSoxFan
07-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Given that, and knowing that you have Scout Seats, I think this is more a no-brainer. Take the Row 1 and enjoy it. If you want insurance just in case things get ugly with the weather, or you are hungry for more than just normal ballpark food, buy a few passes to the Stadium Club for that day just in case.

Yeah, I do have SC Passes from a friend for that game. My dad likes it up there. We go when I sit in my Clubs. Thanks. When he gets back, I will discuss.

jabrch
07-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I do have SC Passes from a friend for that game. My dad likes it up there. We go when I sit in my Clubs. Thanks. When he gets back, I will discuss.

Then it is even easier in my eyes...Sit row 1...you do the Scouts often enough so the food/drink thing is not a novelty. You are covered if you get weather or hungry.

Dad should have a nice time. I hope some day my kids (I'll give them a break for now - they are only 17 months old) are this good to me. :D:

MCHSoxFan
07-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Then it is even easier in my eyes...Sit row 1...you do the Scouts often enough so the food/drink thing is not a novelty. You are covered if you get weather or hungry.

Dad should have a nice time. I hope some day my kids (I'll give them a break for now - they are only 17 months old) are this good to me. :D:

I hope they are this good to you too. My brother and I put our money together so we could treat him. However, my brother cannot go. The game is for the Red Sox (8/8).