PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton just hit a walk-off against Frankie Rodriguez!

White City
07-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Texas is heating up -- we shouldn't sleep on our series with them.

Sockinchisox
07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't think anyone should take them lightly, they have the best offense in the league.

Or last time I heard they did.

TheOldRoman
07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Hamilton should have danced around, pounded on his chest, then dropped to his knees and pointed to the sky with both hands before touching home plate.

For some reason I think Rodriguez wouldn't have liked those antics.

Frater Perdurabo
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Texas is heating up -- we shouldn't sleep on our series with them.

I don't think anyone should take them lightly, they have the best offense in the league.

Or last time I heard they did.

I just posted something similar in another thread. We should not assume games in Texas to be automatic wins.

getonbckthr
07-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Hamilton should have danced around, pounded on his chest, then dropped to his knees and pointed to the sky with both hands before touching home plate.

That might result in Hamilton and company searching for his head next time he faces K-Rod.

WhiteSox5187
07-09-2008, 11:23 PM
I just posted something similar in another thread. We should not assume games in Texas to be automatic wins.
There's no such thing as an easy in win in the MLB. Every team can hurt you.

Blueprint1
07-09-2008, 11:24 PM

Yep, all that stuff is way out of control. I think it started with everyone thinking Sosa's kissing was cute.

thedudeabides
07-10-2008, 01:15 AM

I don't remember him always doing this. It's his free agent year and I think he is making an ass out of himself. I think Soscia is going to pitch his arm off and the Angels will let him walk. Either way, he can get bent.

Boondock Saint
07-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Oh, does it ever piss me off when a closer acts like Rodriguez does. If a batter stands and watches his HR clear the fence, you can bet he's gonna get one in the ribs the next time up. A closer that acts like an ass doesn't have to worry about stepping up to the plate the next inning and taking his punishment like a man. No stern talking-to is ever going to set a guy straight like a fastball in the ribs will. Rodriguez is just a hot dog with no respect.

TDog
07-10-2008, 02:21 AM
If you come in to save a bunch of games, you are going to lose some. During Bobby Thig'en's 57-save season, there was one that got away to Lee Stevens in August. I can still see it sailing over the fence in center with two on and two out to turn a two-run lead into a one-run deficit.

MUsoxfan
07-10-2008, 02:22 AM
There is no better story in baseball over the last 2 years than Josh Hamilton. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players

RadioheadRocks
07-10-2008, 02:45 AM

I don't remember him always doing this. It's his free agent year and I think he is making an ass out of himself. I think Soscia is going to pitch his arm off and the Angels will let him walk. Either way, he can get bent.

If you watch the 2005 World Series DVD you'll see K-Rod do his "point to the sky" thing as he closed out Game #1 of the ALCS (our only post-season loss).

doublem23
07-10-2008, 09:15 AM
There is no better story in baseball over the last 2 years than Josh Hamilton. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players

Oh yeah, he's easily my favorite non-Sox player in the MLB now.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080710/capt.e81f427134ee41d696a3b7f3913ec12f.angels_range rs_baseball_arl107.jpg?x=400&y=271&sig=.IdfAs1YN3FZsNYOk8gpeg--

Bucky F. Dent
07-10-2008, 09:25 AM

Yeah, I think F-Rod is about my least favorite player in the league.

Hitmen77
07-10-2008, 09:54 AM
If you come in to save a bunch of games, you are going to lose some. During Bobby Thig'en's 57-save season, there was one that got away to Lee Stevens in August. I can still see it sailing over the fence in center with two on and two out to turn a two-run lead into a one-run deficit.

I was at that game. :angry:

BeviBall!
07-10-2008, 10:28 AM
If you watch the 2005 World Series DVD you'll see K-Rod do his "point to the sky" thing as he closed out Game #1 of the ALCS (our only post-season loss).

http://www.eyeondna.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/loldog-funny-pictures-you-got-it-babe.jpg

hawkjt
07-10-2008, 11:20 AM

This weekend,I hate the guy.
Otherwise...good story.

Rangers have a winning record and a great offensive team. Now, I did notice they are only 3 games over .500 at home so they are not a juggarnaut at home anyway.