PDA

View Full Version : Joe Crede


grem18
05-08-2002, 06:15 PM
Is this guy ever going to get the chance to play? He was the Score today and from the sounds of it, he is upset about still being in the minors. He said that he is out of options and might pursue free agency if he isn't called up. He sounded really disappointed and from what I got from that interview is that he is really considering free agency. The Sox couldn't be dumb enough to let this go, can they?

Soxheads
05-08-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by grem18
The Sox couldn't be dumb enough to let this go, can they?

:KW
"You'd be surprised."

MattSharp
05-08-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
"You'd be surprised."

I am so tired of them wasting time on The Choice and Manos. Get Crede up here before he doesn't want to play here anymore....

Iguana775
05-08-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp


I am so tired of them wasting time on The Choice and Manos. Get Crede up here before he doesn't want to play here anymore....

definately. if he isnt the starting 3rd baseman next year, i will be pissed. he was suppose to take over for robin and that was what, 3 years ago?? give the guy a chance.

Bmr31
05-09-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775


definately. if he isnt the starting 3rd baseman next year, i will be pissed. he was suppose to take over for robin and that was what, 3 years ago?? give the guy a chance.

wow its been THAT long? :?:

RedPinStripes
05-09-2002, 02:41 AM
When is he a F\A anyway? I 'll bet he signs somewhere he is appreciated.

chisoxfanatic
05-09-2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
When is he a F\A anyway? I 'll bet he signs somewhere he is appreciated.

What? Are you signing him to a huge contract to broadcast for Sox and Roll? :)

Heather the Redbird

RedPinStripes
05-09-2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic


What? Are you signing him to a huge contract to broadcast for Sox and Roll? :)

Heather the Redbird

If i could, I would have had him on the first broadcast. You know that's my second favorite all time Sox player. :smile:

DrCrawdad
05-09-2002, 07:40 AM
I also heard Crede on the radio. I didn't sense that Joe was ticked off at the Sox. I thought that it was frustration. And I believe that you can understand that.

Joe said that next year he'll be out of options. So the Sox will have to keep Joe on the 25 man roster.

From what I understand of Crede's comments, next year it's either Joe's time with the Sox for the full year or Joe will be on another team.

I'd like to see Crede given the chance to play 3rd full-time next year. Joe can really "throw the leather" as I saw during ST.

Jason Dellaero (sp?) will also probably be reaching the end of his "options" with the Sox. However I can't see too many other teams waiting to scoop up Dellaero with his limp bat.

- DrCrawdad.

alohafri
05-09-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp


I am so tired of them wasting time on The Choice and Manos. Get Crede up here before he doesn't want to play here anymore....

If the choice would just start to hit so we could find someone to trade him to, Crede would be up. I think Royce is purposely not hitting so we can't trade him.

BuehrleACE56
05-09-2002, 09:07 AM
All i have heard for the past two seasons is how awesome and great and wonderful Joe Crede is and then he sits on his ass in the minors putting up big numbers and never gets a chance. Give him one please! I don't want to lose out on a possibly great player to free agency and another contender. Dump either Jose or Royce and move Crede into third. ASAP. At least let him prove that he either can or can't do it. If he can't then we'll let him go F/A or trade him for someone. But give the kid a shot.

Bmr31
05-09-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
All i have heard for the past two seasons is how awesome and great and wonderful Joe Crede is and then he sits on his ass in the minors putting up big numbers and never gets a chance. Give him one please! I don't want to lose out on a possibly great player to free agency and another contender. Dump either Jose or Royce and move Crede into third. ASAP. At least let him prove that he either can or can't do it. If he can't then we'll let him go F/A or trade him for someone. But give the kid a shot.

Guys joe Crede is not going to be a great player. .280 16 82 is about his limit. If he can play defense, hes going to be a solid 3rd baseman, not great. The sox are trying to win a ring. Are you willing to have him at 3rd with .255 12 61 his first year?

ode to veeck
05-09-2002, 10:40 AM
Guys joe Crede is not going to be a great player. .280 16 82 is about his limit. If he can play defense, hes going to be a solid 3rd baseman, not great. The sox are trying to win a ring. Are you willing to have him at 3rd with .255 12 61 his first year?

If he can play defense?? The guy's a vacumn cleaner, and come playoff time would be a very valuable asset, if even as defensive sub in close games (greatly beefing up the D on the left side in any configuration). I'd like to see him up this year!

raul12
05-09-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31


Guys joe Crede is not going to be a great player. .280 16 82 is about his limit. If he can play defense, hes going to be a solid 3rd baseman, not great. The sox are trying to win a ring. Are you willing to have him at 3rd with .255 12 61 his first year?

how is that worse than the numbers that manos is putting up? when i saw crede during september call-ups two years ago (?), he hit the ball solid every time up and to all parts of the field. with that kind of ability already, i doubt that .280 is his top end. even if it was, that'd still be just as good as manos. i like jose, but sheesh.

Randar68
05-09-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by raul12


how is that worse than the numbers that manos is putting up? when i saw crede during september call-ups two years ago (?), he hit the ball solid every time up and to all parts of the field. with that kind of ability already, i doubt that .280 is his top end. even if it was, that'd still be just as good as manos. i like jose, but sheesh.

consider the source...

Bmr31
05-09-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Randar68


consider the source...

The source knows more about baseball than you'll ever know....

Bmr31
05-09-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by raul12


how is that worse than the numbers that manos is putting up? when i saw crede during september call-ups two years ago (?), he hit the ball solid every time up and to all parts of the field. with that kind of ability already, i doubt that .280 is his top end. even if it was, that'd still be just as good as manos. i like jose, but sheesh.

hmmmm 28 homers -12 homers, umm yeah that equals, uh lets see...hmmmmmm......get my calculator, oh yeah! 16 homers! :)

PaleHoseGeorge
05-09-2002, 02:22 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with either our offense or defense right now. The only way I'm in favor of Crede being recalled from AAA is if the Sox start losing and fall out of contention.

Never mess with a hot hand. We're scoring runs in gobs, and Royce can't make an error even when they're bouncing off his chest.

:gulp:


:manos :hitless
"If it ain't broke..."

:crede
"...I'm playing in Charlotte!"

Bmr31
05-09-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
There is absolutely nothing wrong with either our offense or defense right now. The only way I'm in favor of Crede being recalled from AAA is if the Sox start losing and fall out of contention.

Never mess with a hot hand. We're scoring runs in gobs, and Royce can't make an error even when they're bouncing off his chest.

:gulp:


:manos :hitless
"If it ain't broke..."

:crede
"...I'm playing in Charlotte!"

the longer i post on this site, the more i realize phg knows about as much as anyone about baseball. i nominate him for most rational poster.

Randar68
05-09-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


The source knows more about baseball than you'll ever know....

LOL! You're overwhelming logic is just too much for me BMR, you are the God of baseball knowledge.

Bmr31
05-09-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Randar68


LOL! You're overwhelming logic is just too much for me BMR, you are the God of baseball knowledge.

Randar youre the only one i know on this board who continues to take shots at people for no apparent reason. you need to stop it.

rmusacch
05-09-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by alohafri


If the choice would just start to hit so we could find someone to trade him to, Crede would be up. I think Royce is purposely not hitting so we can't trade him.

I hope you are kidding.

Randar68
05-09-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


Randar youre the only one i know on this board who continues to take shots at people for no apparent reason. you need to stop it.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! !

:prozac

Doin' wonders for ya lately too, huh?



To take a page outta your book. "I can say whatever I want, it's a message board. If you don't like it, don't read it or leave. It's your problem, not mine, I'm secure in knowing who I am."

Get a life, dude....



BLA!

Bmr31
05-09-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Randar68


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! !

:prozac

Doin' wonders for ya lately too, huh?



To take a page outta your book. "I can say whatever I want, it's a message board. If you don't like it, don't read it or leave. It's your problem, not mine, I'm secure in knowing who I am."

Get a life, dude....



BLA!

That is all true. However, i care about the site adn the people runningit enough to stop, because it makes their jobs more difficult. Perhaps you can try?

Randar68
05-09-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch


I hope you are kidding.

I can't speak for the original poster's intentions. At this point, I don't really care what we do with the Left side of the infield this year. Either way, the club seems to be behind the current choice, so to speak.

I do think Crede deserves and will get the starting spot next year, but I said that last summer too. I don't see us resigning Royce, and if we did I would guess we'd trade Jose. If Hummel is the heir apparent at SS, I would guess he wouldn't be ready by next year, but again, who knows what the team's plans are other than KW and Reinsy....

Randar68
05-09-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


That is all true. However, i care about the site adn the people runningit enough to stop, because it makes their jobs more difficult. Perhaps you can try?

Man, I was just tempering someone else's reaction to your original post. It was an unsubstantiated and unsupported statement, as if it were fact. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But I am also entitled to laugh at you for it. Get over yourself.

Bmr31
05-09-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Randar68


Man, I was just tempering someone else's reaction to your original post. It was an unsubstantiated and unsupported statement, as if it were fact. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But I am also entitled to laugh at you for it. Get over yourself.

Youre entitled to become a decent human being one day, too.

Daver
05-09-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


Youre entitled to become a decent human being one day, too.

May I suggest you do the same?