PDA

View Full Version : who was Cabrera yelling at?

RLipp
07-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Did any one see what was going on in the dugout.He was yelling at someone.What i read from his lips he said you can kiss his ***.hope it was a KC fan not one of the guys?We are going to have to wait if something leaks out.

oeo
07-09-2008, 09:45 PM
You guys are making this into a bigger deal than it is. 25 guys in a clubhouse, there's going to be some jawing. It happens all the time, you just don't see most of it on TV.

DumpJerry
07-09-2008, 09:46 PM
He noticed Homefish sitting near the dugout.

KnightSox
Correct me if I am wrong, but did Hawk say something about JD being involved?

pczarapa
Dye and Cabrera had a bit of a shouting match, no big deal I don't think

tlebar318
Hawk and DJ speculating it was JD and OC arguing...:?:

knocko94
07-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Jd obviously said a little something as OC walked by. Whatever.

Rocky Soprano
07-09-2008, 09:50 PM
He noticed Homefish sitting near the dugout.

I certainly dont miss him, I havent seen him in a while, he get a vacation?

WhiteSox5187
07-09-2008, 09:51 PM
I really think JD was upset at himself and probably snapped at the first person who said anything to him and it probably happened to be OC. I think this will be resolved seconds after the final out.

sox1970
07-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Jd obviously said a little something as OC walked by. Whatever.

Exactly. No big deal.

A.T. Money
07-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Maybe JD was upset with Cabrera taking that base, distracting JD, and JD striking out. Who knows.

nug0hs
07-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Maybe JD was upset with Cabrera taking that base, distracting JD, and JD striking out. Who knows.

That was Rongey's guess a few minutes ago on the post game show

jabrch
07-09-2008, 10:30 PM
On 5 they just said OC was distracting Dye at the plate while OC was on base and Dye was pissed about it.

RallyBowl
07-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Eh. I got JD via first round choke out. Ozzie's take should be fun.

kevingrt
07-09-2008, 10:32 PM
I certainly dont miss him, I havent seen him in a while, he get a vacation?

I think he just retired. Or about a year suspension.

Rockabilly
07-09-2008, 10:34 PM
I don't know why Dye was pissed maybe he is just frustrated, OC did his job getting into 3rd base

UofCSoxFan
07-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Maybe OC backed out of plans to invest in JD's Colombian baseball league?

(that's a reference to the pretty intense feud between Edgar Rentierra and OC....I guess if you have to explain it, it isn't that funny...oh well)

I don't know why Dye was pissed maybe he is just frustrated, OC did his job getting into 3rd base

I think frustration has a lot to do with it. That AB made him 0-10 in two games this series. Cabrera taking 3rd probaby did distract him, but getting into 3rd with 1 out trumps that, as Hawk said. Now if OC had done it with 2 outs (where moving up 90 feet wouldn't be worth putting the batter down 0-2) then JD would maybe have a beef.

Like someone else said, you have a lot of different personalities and not everyone will get along perfectly. This really is a non-issue. The fact that we won this game will help both parties move on as well.

Lip Man 1
07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
For what it's worth, Mark Gonzales' blog says that Wise had to "restrain" Cabrera from going after Dye in the dugout after JD apparently said something to him while high fiving him after he scored.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
07-09-2008, 10:52 PM
For what it's worth, Mark Gonzales' blog says that Wise had to "restrain" Cabrera from going after Dye in the dugout after JD apparently said something to him while high fiving him after he scored.

LipI seriously doubt that Cabrera wants to try Dye on for size.

A.T. Money
07-09-2008, 10:56 PM
I seriously doubt that Cabrera wants to try Dye on for size.

No kidding.

Cabrera needs to chill. Dye is out of line though if he's mad at Cabrera for stealing the base. Dye is a major league hitter who needs to put that out of his mind and hit the ball.

BainesHOF
07-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Cabrera is wrong 95 percent of the time when he dances off second base. He distracts hitters all the time. In this case, though, he was right, as he actually had a purpose when he stole third.

My guess is that Dye has been so conditioned to get mad at Cabrera for his dancing that Dye forgot that Cabrera actually had a purpose this time.

Rocky Soprano
07-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Dye was just on Comcast Sportsnite and he said it was a big misunderstanding and that everything is fine. He refused to say exactly what happened. The interview was in the clubhouse, the music was loud, and you could hear someone singing/yelling. They are having some fun!

Martinigirl
07-09-2008, 11:02 PM
They just showed an interview with JD on Comcast. He declined to explain what the problem was but he said "we are a family" and everything is OK now.

Frankfan4life
07-09-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm sure JD was frustrated by his performance in this series, especially with all the hype going on about the ASG, planes, banners, etc. But during the interview Dye failed to make a federal case out of the situation and that is where we should leave it.

If I recall correctly, the Rays, cubs and Red Sox had some internal issues some weeks ago. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/violent001.gif It happens on the best of teams as well as the worst of teams.

DickAllen72
07-09-2008, 11:24 PM
As sure as Joe Cowley lives, we haven't heard the last of this! :tongue:

Boondock Saint
07-09-2008, 11:30 PM
JD's a stand-up guy. I'm sure he was just frustrated about his performance this series and just let it out in the wrong fashion. It'll be forgotten before the next series.

WhiteSox5187
07-09-2008, 11:32 PM

Lip
From the clips I saw, Wise more or less put his arm around OC and they walked away. I would hardly call it "restraining."

Also when going over game highlights ESPN did not mention any of the "incident." Just talked about the Sox win.

thedudeabides
07-10-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm sure JD was frustrated by his performance in this series, especially with all the hype going on about the ASG, planes, banners, etc. But during the interview Dye failed to make a federal case out of the situation and that is where we should leave it.

If I recall correctly, the Rays, cubs and Red Sox had some internal issues some weeks ago. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/violent001.gif It happens on the best of teams as well as the worst of teams.

It happens on every team probably weekly if not more. These guys are huge competitors and have fire. They normally make up. I've seen worse arguments in softball games. People always make a much bigger deal out of these things than they are.

Lip Man 1
07-10-2008, 12:13 AM
White Sox:

Just FYI, that choice of word wasn't mine, just quoting directly from Mark's blog and that was the word he used.

Here's the post game story. Has quotes from JD and Ozzie:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080709-chicago-white-sox-kansas-city-royals,1,5109248.story

Lip

NoShoesJoe
07-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Ah, Cubune headlines should be fun to read tomorrow.

The Dude
07-10-2008, 03:57 AM
Dye and Cabrera had a bit of a shouting match, no big deal I don't think

Yeah Dye couldn't control himself and let the emotions get the best of him.

OC has been very solid for us. Dye is standard at golfing at strike 3 with RISP. And Dye is not an All-Star over any of our pitchers. Sorry Sox fans, I am not voting at all. Dye is as good as Crede who is also not an all-star this year.

AJ, Danks, Floyd and Bobby are all-stars besides Carlos. If anyone has a problem with that....I'm here to debate.

ondafarm
07-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Going 0-10 when you are in the running for the last All-Star spot has got to be frustrating. I'm sure Dye is frustrated and I'm sure he said something curt to OC.

Here's a recipe for fighting.

Take guys from all over the hemisphere,
all intense athletes conditioned to success,
people who've trained literally all their lives to be where they are

Toss them together for six months
sprinkle in a competitive race
lace with a tricky late-inning situation

and you'll get disagreements.

The only reason I don't know more about this topic is that in my Japanese league, all arguements ended when I interposed myself.

doublem23
07-10-2008, 08:09 AM

That's what it has to be. Meh. We sort of needed that run, JD.

LauraJ14
07-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Dye being an all-star doesn't have anything to do with our pitchers being all-stars. If you look at Dye's numbers compared to the other AL outfielders then he should be an allstar. He is 4th in HR - Sizemore, Hamilton and Quentin are ahead of him - all are all-stars, he is 9th in rbis and BA and 4th in Slugging percentage. That's why I think he should be an allstar.

oeo
07-10-2008, 08:14 AM

OC has been very solid for us. Dye is standard at golfing at strike 3 with RISP. And Dye is not an All-Star over any of our pitchers. Sorry Sox fans, I am not voting at all. Dye is as good as Crede who is also not an all-star this year.

AJ, Danks, Floyd and Bobby are all-stars besides Carlos. If anyone has a problem with that....I'm here to debate.

Here's a new one from The Dude. :rolleyes:

Dye is as good as Crede. :lol: Please stop.

Let's debate because Danks and Dye are All Stars before anyone else on this team. Your blind hate for the guy just seeps through. We had to hear about how he sucked in April, then you disappeared until Dye does something stupid just to take a rip at him.

doublem23
07-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Dye being an all-star doesn't have anything to do with our pitchers being all-stars. If you look at Dye's numbers compared to the other AL outfielders then he should be an allstar. He is 4th in HR - Sizemore, Hamilton and Quentin are ahead of him - all are all-stars, he is 9th in rbis and BA and 4th in Slugging percentage. That's why I think he should be an allstar.

There's no sense trying to argue... When someone makes an absurd, ridiculous statement they never back off it, no matter how absurd and ridiculous it may be.

asindc
07-10-2008, 08:20 AM

Um... riiight. Numbers alone should tell you different, but since I'm a big advocate at looking at how the guy plays rather than just the numbers, judging from their performances this year, Dye has played better. Period.

oeo
07-10-2008, 08:21 AM

The Dude doesn't like Dye. He's made it very clear before, and he continues to make asinine comments about him.

Dan Mega
07-10-2008, 08:32 AM
I think this is much ado about nothing. Arguments within a team are bound to happen, and its resolved.

BeviBall!
07-10-2008, 09:08 AM
I think this is much ado about nothing. Arguments within a team are bound to happen, and its resolved.

Might be the beginning of the end. Might not. :shrug:

Dan Mega
07-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Might be the beginning of the end. Might not. :shrug:

But lets talk about it anyway!:bandance:

Cangelosi CF
07-10-2008, 09:14 AM
wasn't like punches were thrown in the dugout like the North Side Softball Team had last season.

no big deal, stuff happens.

angiew
07-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding, but I'm nosey....I still want to know what JD said:D:

Britt Burns
07-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Dye is as good as Crede who is also not an all-star this year.

Who is going to tell Joe that when he is, you know, at the all star game?

doublem23
07-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but JD said it wasn't about the stolen base, but it's nothing and it's over (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080709-chicago-white-sox-kansas-city-royals,1,5109248.story).

There ya go.

areilly
07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Like Alec Baldwin said in Glengarry Glen Ross:

"Get mad, you sons of bitches! GET MAD!"

Wouldn't mind seeing a self-destructing bunch of winners on the South Side.

soxfan13
07-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but JD said it wasn't about the stolen base, but it's nothing and it's over (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080709-chicago-white-sox-kansas-city-royals,1,5109248.story).

There ya go.

He said it wasnt necessarily the stolen base. He is saying the right things and its called damage control.

pdimas
07-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Here's a new one from The Dude. :rolleyes:

Dye is as good as Crede. :lol: Please stop.

Let's debate because Danks and Dye are All Stars before anyone else on this team. Your blind hate for the guy just seeps through. We had to hear about how he sucked in April, then you disappeared until Dye does something stupid just to take a rip at him.

Um... riiight. Numbers alone should tell you different, but since I'm a big advocate at looking at how the guy plays rather than just the numbers, judging from their performances this year, Dye has played better. Period.

:D: After speaking with the Dude he has grudgingly agreed to cast a few votes for Dye...

chaerulez
07-10-2008, 06:01 PM

How does AJ, Danks, Floyd and Jenks being deserving All Stars have anything to do with if Dye deserves it or not? Can't they all deserve it? Which by the way, Dye is pretty deserving. Cabrera is a solid player, but I think Dye has done more for the team this season (not that it really matters, arguing who is better is stupid and pointless as they have different roles and expectations on the team).

Brian26
07-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Did any one see what was going on in the dugout.He was yelling at someone.What i read from his lips he said you can kiss his ***.hope it was a KC fan not one of the guys?We are going to have to wait if something leaks out.

If only Cabrera had used his cell phone to call Hawk after the inning to explain what happened, we wouldn't have had to speculate about this.

WhiteSoxBlog
07-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I think this calls for "Team OC" and "Team JD" shirts. If the celebrities have them, why can't JD and OC?

Konerko05
07-10-2008, 06:25 PM
He said it wasnt necessarily the stolen base. He is saying the right things and its called damage control.

Yep. Dye said it wasn't necessarily the stolen base. I think it was Cabrera jumping around before he took off. Dye probably said something like, "if you're going to steal the base, then steal the base. Don't start jumping around distracting me." Something along those lines, with an angry tone.