PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Video Clip

october23sp
07-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Of the play when Alexie apparently interferred. Even Sox fans say the Umps made a bad call and I watched it on gamecast so I didnt see it. ESPN and MLB.com don't have any clips from the play and I want to make my own judgement on it. Picture clips would be perfect too. Thanks.

TDog
07-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Of the play when Alexie apparently interferred. Even Sox fans say the Umps made a bad call and I watched it on gamecast so I didnt see it. ESPN and MLB.com don't have any clips from the play and I want to make my own judgement on it. Picture clips would be perfect too. Thanks.

I haven't seen the play. If ESPN doesn't have it, it could be that it was a good call. From my experience, most baseball fans, even good Sox fans don't know enough about the rules to know what does and doesn't constitute interference. I would really like to see the play to see what people are talking about.

KenBerryGrab
07-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Stone and Farmer both said it was a heady, legal play.

october23sp
07-09-2008, 02:38 PM
I haven't seen the play. If ESPN doesn't have it, it could be that it was a good call. From my experience, most baseball fans, even good Sox fans don't know enough about the rules to know what does and doesn't constitute interference. I would really like to see the play to see what people are talking about.

ESPN doesn't have ANY clips from the game because its the Royals and it went after their last sportscenter. Usually there is a minute clip online in the wrap up article but not after last nights game. MLB usually only keeps the top plays article and wouldn't show what went down as an error.

aryzner
07-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Stone and Farmer both said it was a heady, legal play.
On TV, Hawk and DJ started talking about how you could see Alexei shaking his hand around when he got to 2nd. He was indeed doing so as if he hit the 2B with his hand as he ran by. I couldn't really tell too well from the replay, though, but he definitely was shaking out his hand as if he hit it on something and it hurt.

Desert Rat
07-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I had the KC broadcast out here and they said it was an obvious interference. He never deviated from his path to 2B and there was slight contact with the 2nd baseman, explaining Alexei's hand shaking. He also did not try to avoid the 2nd baseman, who was coming forward towards the infield grass. I personally didn't think it was interference but it was close. My first thought from the camera angle was that Alexei was hurt as he stood at second, grimacing a little and kind of stretching out his back.

UofCSoxFan
07-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Live it looked like he avoided the fielder. On replay, it was crystal clear that he brushed him the fielder with his hand. The fact that we was shaking it in pain at 2nd, confirms this further.

We caught a break. Trust me.