PDA

View Full Version : Jon Link

Sockinchisox
07-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Anyone know if this guy's stuff is as good as his #'s?

Or is this a Oneli Perez case where he has enough to get minor leaguers out?

KyWhiSoxFan
07-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Need some help here. Anyone see Link pitch?

His numbers are terrific. He has 26 saves, with a 1.75 ERA, with 35 Ks in 36 innings, and just 27 hits. He struck out the side last night in his one inning. Sox got him for Mackowiak.

The Sox have some nice relief prospects in the minors.

07-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Yes, I've seen him pitch in spring training and my brother in law has seen him pitch lots of times this year.

He's got a low 90's fastball that moves well. His biggest asset is his demeanor on the mound. He's the bulldog type and comes right at you.

oeo
07-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Yes, I've seen him pitch in spring training and my brother in law has seen him pitch lots of times this year.

He's got a low 90's fastball that moves well. His biggest asset is his demeanor on the mound. He's the bulldog type and comes right at you.

Ah, yes, he's Chicago tough.

KyWhiSoxFan
07-12-2008, 01:50 PM

That's the type of presence you want on the mound, particularly in a reliever.

Link has not given up a HR yet this year. I'd like to see him move up to Charlotte this year to see how he will do. The Sox relievers there are a mixed bag, particularly when you consider MacDougal is one of those guys.