PDA

View Full Version : Seriously...what's WCIU's problem?

A.T. Money
07-09-2008, 11:47 AM
When is WGN going to take ownership of this and fix these problems, or just broadcast the games themselves??? I'm tired of the audio drops, and bad picture, and the late cuts back to the game from commericial. Last night's game was freaking brutal!

We've had 3 WCIU games in the last week. It blows. I guess it's more important to air Reba on WGN over a ball game.:angry:

Droso5
07-09-2008, 11:49 AM
When is WGN going to take ownership of this and fix these problems, or just broadcast the games themselves??? I'm tired of the audio drops, and bad picture, and the late cuts back to the game from commericial. Last night's game was freaking brutal!

We've had 3 WCIU games in the last week. It blows. I guess it's more important to air Reba on WGN over a ball game.:angry:

Color me unimpressed as well. But this is "Comcast SportsNet PLUS".

Last nights game was especially bad, lots of screen tearing and very low quality picture that looked like the camera man was having an acid trip. It made it even worse that it was happening a lot near the end of the game.:angry:

WhiteSoxBlog
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
At first I thought it was the rain messing with the signals, but the rain stopped, and I was still worried about having a seizure.

And yes, WGN... not my favorite people. They're owned by the Tribune, who own the Cubs, who are biased against the Sox. "Official summer baseball station," indeed. Way to show Sox pride in Chicago

SportsPg
07-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Does WCIU have a HD feed? I can't find it on Directv - do they give one on Comcast or AT&T u-verse?

daveeym
07-09-2008, 12:04 PM
While WCIU blows I think KC has something to do with it. The broadcasts are always terrible from there.

WhiteSoxBlog
07-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Does WCIU have a HD feed? I can't find it on Directv - do they give one on Comcast or AT&T u-verse?

WCIU is in HD for Comcast Digital, everything else, I don't know

Konerko05
07-09-2008, 12:13 PM

U'z got it!

Jerko
07-09-2008, 12:13 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103112

balz1472
07-09-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm glad that I read this post because I thought that one of two things was happening:

1. I was in a dive bar with TVs they had purchased back in the 70s.
or
2. My TV was dying out and I just bought it a month ago.

Whew! It's just the typical CIU bull that we have been dealing with for years.

hawkjt
07-09-2008, 12:53 PM
It was weird last nite...when it went half -green, I moved from my satellite tv to an old rabbit ears little tv and the picture was fine...must have been something with the satellite feed?

The U sucks.

JorgeFabregas
07-09-2008, 12:55 PM
It was weird last nite...when it went half -green, I moved from my satellite tv to an old rabbit ears little tv and the picture was fine...must have been something with the satellite feed?

The U sucks.
It was the HD signal that they were pumping out. Over the air HD was messed up as well.

Second time it's happened recently.

dickallen15
07-09-2008, 12:57 PM
I have RCN and just got the HD this season. There hasn't been 1 game this season I have watch on "the U" where the signal didn't get so awful I had to watch the regular channel. I have yet to encounter the same problem ever on the other channels. I dread games on "the U".

scarsofthumper
07-09-2008, 01:01 PM
I couldn't even get the HD signal on Comcast last night. I thought I was freaking out.

I refuse to watch baseball in SD now.

It's Dankerific
07-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Whenever its on WCIU, Out of market fans only get the game if it is covered by the opposing team. That being said, the Royals feed was fine, so I don't think it was a KC issue.

oeo
07-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Not to mention, if you're not in the Chicagoland area, you can't see the game.

Brooks: dump WCIU!

rookieroy
07-09-2008, 01:39 PM

Yes. It is channel 183 on Comcast HD. You won't believe this. Last night, the feed went to black in the 12th inning. I FY-bombed for about three minutes and flipped over to the regular WCIU station. There, the colors just kept changing.

It is 2008 and that's what they give you? Give me the two metal poles with aluminum foil back.....that would be an improvement!

Martinigirl
07-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Last night's game was the second in a row on WCIU that was unwatchable, literally. The screen on every television in my house was 3/4 green, with only the top fourth visible, and that would go in and out for the last 3 innings of the game. The audio, for the most part, was there.

And there is no mention of a problem. No comment from Hawk and DJ about a technical issue. At first I thought it was my satelite, but every other channel was fine. It was infuriating.

hawkjt
07-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I have to give Hawk and DJ the benefit of the doubt here, they did not acknowledge technical difficulties because they were in the dark on it.

Another reflection of the U's state of the art production...they could not blow a cell phone call into the booth to let them know they should start doing like a radio description.

A.T. Money
07-09-2008, 02:10 PM
My dad watches on cable, and I called him during that bottom of the 11th when it went to hell with the green blob on the screen, and he said it was fine for him. The fact is that WCIU's production of the game is terrible.

WGN either owns WCIU, or they subcontract the games to WCIU. Either way, they need to get this under control. Having these games on their own station won't hurt their ratings.

gobears1987
07-09-2008, 02:25 PM
WGN either owns WCIU, or they subcontract the games to WCIU. Either way, they need to get this under control. Having these games on their own station won't hurt their ratings.WGN subcontracts the games out as WCIU is under separate ownership.

I read that WGN was going to be taking these games over next year as a part of the rebranding as WGN America.

Lip Man 1
07-09-2008, 03:35 PM
GoBears:

Do you have a link to that? That would be nice to see more Sox games on WGN Superstation but I don't see how that can happen. They'd have to do the same for the Cub games on WCIU and there simply aren't enough open dates.

Lip

A.T. Money
07-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Well then Comcast needs to take on more games with the Plus channel.

HangWiffum
07-09-2008, 07:03 PM
we should all send Brooks an email about the ****ty broadcasts. you know he will respond with something. maybe not what we want, but it'll be a response.

LongLiveFisk
07-09-2008, 09:57 PM
They call themselves the "U" but I call them the "F U". They suck!

spongyfungy
07-09-2008, 10:06 PM
I think they need to think of the fan first. If they could not fix the issue, switch to the KC feed. I'm sure they have the technology.

vegyrex
07-09-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one having trouble seeing the game.

Windows media center kept telling me the signal was too weak.:o: