PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Soft Pretzles

skottyj242
07-09-2008, 11:20 AM
While the game was all blurred out last night I switched on the Food Network and was watching Unwrapped. Good old Marc Summers was unwrapping ballpark favorites. They were talking about the Super Pretzel and how it is a staple at all stadiums. They talked about how they are rolling out new soft pretzles that are in the shape of team logos. (Jenn and I ate the cursive I when we were in Cleveland last year.) They went to the office of the woman who was designing new prototypes and low and behold she was working on a White Sox pretzle. It was the shape of the current logo and it looked pretty cool and pretty bid. The show was from 2008 so I would imagine we will be seeing these in our ballpark next year if not later this year.

ilsox7
07-09-2008, 11:21 AM
While the game was all blurred out last night I switched on the Food Network and was watching Unwrapped. Good old Marc Summers was unwrapping ballpark favorites. They were talking about the Super Pretzel and how it is a staple at all stadiums. They talked about how they are rolling out new soft pretzles that are in the shape of team logos. (Jenn and I ate the cursive I when we were in Cleveland last year.) They went to the office of the woman who was designing new prototypes and low and behold she was working on a White Sox pretzle. It was the shape of the current logo and it looked pretty cool and pretty bid. The show was from 2008 so I would imagine we will be seeing these in our ballpark next year if not later this year.

Very cool. My standard food at a ballgame is one Kosher plain and a pretzel. They just need better quality control on the pretzel. It's hit or miss as to whether it is hot or not.

balz1472
07-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I too go for the Kosher plain, a Miller Lite and a pretzel, but I have been shying away from the pretzels at the Cell as of late because they have either been cold and stale or warm and hard. Hopefully they figure out a way around that with these new ones!

Thanks for the info.

skottyj242
07-09-2008, 12:35 PM
I too go for the Kosher plain, a Miller Lite and a pretzel, but I have been shying away from the pretzels at the Cell as of late because they have either been cold and stale or warm and hard. Hopefully they figure out a way around that with these new ones!

Thanks for the info.

I always wondered when they cook the pretzles. Do they do them continously or just make a huge batch before the game then keep them in the coat rack thing?

MrRoboto83
07-09-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm sure this will give them a reason to hike the cost of the pretzels and give us less.

AzureJazzMan
07-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I saw the same thing on "Unwrapped" and they look pretty damn cool, and substantially sized. They may charge an arm and a leg, for it. But, it looks as though it could be shared...split the cost with someone? :dunno:

twsoxfan5
07-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I hope they get new pretzels at the cell anyways b/c this year they have been horrible. They are either too hard, cold, or the cheese is cold.

skottyj242
07-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I saw the same thing on "Unwrapped" and they look pretty damn cool, and substantially sized. They may charge an arm and a leg, for it. But, it looks as though it could be shared...split the cost with someone? :dunno:

Would need two cups of cheese.

HangWiffum
07-11-2008, 05:35 PM
one thing i always have to get is a red rope