PDA

View Full Version : DJ Carrasco callup?

hawkjt
07-09-2008, 12:10 PM
On the Score they are reporting that DJ Carrasco is the call-up pitcher to replace Bobby. Sounds like he is having a good year at Charlotte.
Throws righty...31 years old. Hope he can immediately contribute vs the Royals and Rangers.

TomBradley72
07-09-2008, 12:13 PM
On the Score they are reporting that DJ Carrasco is the call-up pitcher to replace Bobby. Sounds like he is having a good year at Charlotte.
Throws righty...31 years old. Hope he can immediately contribute vs the Royals and Rangers.

I'm surprised they didn't use Bobby's DL stint to delay the Ozuna move. 5 games until the All Star break, is DJ Carrasco going to make a difference?

Lip Man 1
07-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Ozzie was quoted directly today as saying he insisted on having 12 pitchers on the roster because of the way he uses the staff.

Interesting move. I hadn't considered him but he had a lights out spring in a brutal place to try to pitch.

Lip

ilsox7
07-09-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm surprised they didn't use Bobby's DL stint to delay the Ozuna move. 5 games until the All Star break, is DJ Carrasco going to make a difference?

Ozzie has said he wants to keep the same amount of arms on the team. Makes sense especially after the long ballgame last night. As much as I liek Pablo and really have soured on Uribe, they made the right move. Emotions say get rid of Uribe and keep Pablo, but the brain says Uribe is the one to keep for now.

voodoochile
07-09-2008, 12:17 PM

Given the amount of innings the bullpen put in last night, they might have felt a bit of a pressing urge to bring someone up for tonight's game.

07-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Ozzie was quoted directly today as saying he insisted on having 12 pitchers on the roster because of the way he uses the staff.

Interesting move. I hadn't considered him but he had a lights out spring in a brutal place to try to pitch.

Lip

It is interesting. He's been pitching fairly well for Charlotte. The big thing though is they have to add him to the 40 man. They have the room, but when Jenks comes back, one guy has to go. I doubt Carrasco has options, so maybe it's Adam Russell who gets sent down. But that's getting a little ahead of things.

For now, Carrasco brings major league experience and the ability to go multiple innings. The question is, will they be effective innings.

Optipessimism
07-09-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't know about this, but I remember watching a ST game when AJ was in the booth and he mentioned Carrasco as being one of the pitchers that had impressed him this year. Hopefully he still has something to contribute.

jcw218
07-09-2008, 04:31 PM
White sox place Bobby on th 15 day dl and purchase the contract of DJ Carrasco and recall Carrasco from AAA

Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080709&content_id=3099706&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

It's Dankerific
07-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Seems to me that the Royals are a good place to get your feet wet, if necessary. I have faith he'll at least be serviceable for a few games.

Hopefully this DJ wont be making the other DJ give up any HR calls. =)

PaleHoser
07-09-2008, 04:55 PM
No offense to D.J. Carrasco, but I hope he never pitches an inning. If starting pitchers go deep, he may not even get a chance to warm-up.

Jaffar
07-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Seems to me that the Royals are a good place to get your feet wet, if necessary. I have faith he'll at least be serviceable for a few games.

Hopefully this DJ wont be making the other DJ give up any HR calls. =)

:duck:

WhiteSox5187
07-09-2008, 07:26 PM
I was kinda hoping we might give Wasserman another chance. Last time I checked he still had a sub-one ERA in Charlotte.

34 Inch Stick
07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Given the amount of innings the bullpen put in last night, they might have felt a bit of a pressing urge to bring someone up for tonight's game.

They also have to consider the likliehood of needing pitchers given the Ranger offense and July Texas weather.