PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Lose....

Randar68
05-08-2002, 04:37 PM
Juan Cruz now 0-6.

FarWestChicago
05-08-2002, 04:38 PM
I refuse to believe that Randar. The Flubs couldn't have lost. Sham-ME is on that team. That equals an automatic 162-0.

cheeses_h_rice
05-08-2002, 04:41 PM
No they didn't...

CHICAGO CUBS 1ST
-Bottom of the 1st inning
-C Patterson singled to right.
-D Deshields fouled out to third.
-S Sosa homered to left , C Patterson scored.
-F McGriff flied out to right center.
-M Alou singled to right.
-M Bellhorn grounded out to first.

Isn't that what matters?

Soxboyrob
05-08-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I refuse to believe that Randar. The Flubs couldn't have lost. Sham-ME is on that team. That equals an automatic 162-0.

the rest of that team is so pathetic that I sometimes think that without Sosa, they'd be 0-162. He accounted for the only two RBI's the cubs had today. Geez, does that batting order suck.

Foulke You
05-08-2002, 04:55 PM
So much for all of the "we're in a tie with the Cardinals!!" optimism. And here is where the Cubs realize how difficult it is to dig out of the hole they've dug for themselves as we well know from 2001. What has really surprised me is how poorly the Cards have been playing. I thought they were a lock for that division and now I'm starting to think the Astros might pull away if Cincinatti and Pittsburgh start playing poorly.

Chisox353014
05-08-2002, 04:57 PM
Your typical Wrigley affair again today;

Shammy homers....rest of the lineup chokes bigtime....Chimp proclaims Wrigley the greatest ballpark on Earth....Flubs lose yet again....crowd goes home happy because....Shammy homered

It's a never-ending cycle - like a Moebius Strip wearing a floppy hat.

Vsahajpal
05-08-2002, 04:57 PM
am I allowed to comment? Or would it be trolling (seriously, I don't want to step on any toes in here)? Judges?

Chisox_cali
05-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Juan Cruz now 0-6.

WHAT?!?! Baby Pedro is 0-6?! That just can't be they really must mean 6-0...Yeah, that's it they got it backwards.

Baby Pedro my ass! The only way Juan Cruz is in anyway like Pedro is their ages....but I'm sure Cruz is older :D: have you seen his mugshot? Good God

Pete_SSAC
05-08-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
am I allowed to comment? Or would it be trolling (seriously, I don't want to step on any toes in here)? Judges?

Sure, you'e a real Cub fan, not just a troll.

You're like the WSI's Pet Cub fan. behave, or else we'll smack you on the snout with ea rolled up newspaper.

;)

- Pete

FarWestChicago
05-08-2002, 05:02 PM
am I allowed to comment? Or would it be trolling (seriously, I don't want to step on any toes in here)? Judges? Sure Vic. You're both a good guy and honest enough to present yourself as a Cubs fan. I'm in a bit of a foul mood because of the prevalence of spammers and Crossdressers today, but it sure isn't your fault. :smile:

Randar68
05-08-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Sure Vic. You're both a good guy and honest enough to present yourself as a Cubs fan. I'm in a bit of a foul mood because of the prevalence of spammers and Crossdressers today, but it sure isn't your fault. :smile:

Fire away Vic!

Chisox_cali
05-08-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

WHAT?!?! Baby Pedro is 0-6?! That just can't be they really must mean 6-0...Yeah, that's it they got it backwards.

Baby Pedro my ass! The only way Juan Cruz is in anyway like Pedro is their ages....but I'm sure Cruz is older :D: have you seen his mugshot? Good God

This picture right here:

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/photo/ph_play_mugshot_407297.jpg

MY GOD! He looks older than Jesse Orosco in that picture!

Randar68
05-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
It's a never-ending cycle - like a Moebius Strip wearing a floppy hat.

Oh man, good one! Where's my pocket protector? FWC, you seen it?

Vsahajpal
05-08-2002, 05:08 PM
Ok, thanks. All I'll say is that the Cubs are playing better baseball, they've actually won 2 series against 2 decent clubs (Cards and Dodgers). Cruz' command is bothersome, but the 0-6 record is more a reflection of the team than his pitching. He hasn't been great by any means, but according to BP, he's been the 2nd unluckiest pitcher in baseball.

The offense sucks, no question, but at least Mueller's back, and Sosa's getting into a groove. "Past his Prime" Dog needs to go, far away.

FarWestChicago
05-08-2002, 05:08 PM

Oh man, good one! Where's my pocket protector? FWC, you seen it? Hey, don't looke at me! :D:

Randar68
05-08-2002, 05:13 PM
Ok, thanks. All I'll say is that the Cubs are playing better baseball, they've actually won 2 series against 2 decent clubs (Cards and Dodgers). Cruz' command is bothersome, but the 0-6 record is more a reflection of the team than his pitching. He hasn't been great by any means, but according to BP, he's been the 2nd unluckiest pitcher in baseball.

Well, he is at or near the top of the majors in unearned runs allowed. As many young pitchers do, he gets rattled with guys on. He would have had a lot of those BB's come around and score one way or the other.

The BB's is worrisome, but he seems very distracted out there right now.

Vsahajpal
05-08-2002, 05:17 PM

Well, he is at or near the top of the majors in unearned runs allowed. As many young pitchers do, he gets rattled with guys on. He would have had a lot of those BB's come around and score one way or the other.

The BB's is worrisome, but he seems very distracted out there right now.

The run support (or lack thereof) is what bothers me, and the way Baylor handles him is pathetic.

Unregistered
05-08-2002, 05:23 PM
The offense sucks, no question
yeah, i'd say...they went HITLESS in the final SEVEN INNINGS!?!?! that's pretty weak.

Vsahajpal
05-08-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered

yeah, i'd say...they went HITLESS in the final SEVEN INNINGS!?!?! that's pretty weak.

yes, fortunately Bobby Hill and Prior are coming next week, I think Prior's gonna bat cleanup.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-08-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

the rest of that team is so pathetic that I sometimes think that without Sosa, they'd be 0-162. He accounted for the only two RBI's the cubs had today. Geez, does that batting order suck.

:crossdresser
"I've often thought how luscious it would be for Sammy to dry hump me while all his inferior teammates watched."

"Oh by the way, 'Go Sox!'"

LuvChiSox
05-09-2002, 09:05 AM
The offense sucks, no question, but at least Mueller's back, and Sosa's getting into a groove .

So what? Sosa's been "in a groove" for how many years now? And how far has that gotten the cubs?

Iwritecode
05-09-2002, 09:32 AM

The offense sucks, no question, but at least Mueller's back, and Sosa's getting into a groove. "Past his Prime" Dog needs to go, far away.

yes, fortunately Bobby Hill and Prior are coming next week, I think Prior's gonna bat cleanup.

OK, you know the offense is pathetic when you start looking forward to the return of Mueller and hope that a AAA pitcher can bat cleanup...

:)

DrCrawdad
05-09-2002, 10:03 AM

The Cards may be a "decent club" but they sure didn't play like a decent team the first two games against the Cub. IF the Cards catch the ball, they win the series. Game one was a gift from the Cards.

Game two, Wood lived up to his hype. Excellent performance.

Now regarding Cruz, BP can call him the 2nd unluckiest pitcher but after watching the games he's pitched - do you believe that?

Cruz has surrendered 10 unearned runs. 23 R 26 BB 26 SO 26 IP. By comparison a Sox pitcher who's had his own control problems, Danny Wright 2 unearned runs, 24 R 14 BB 16 SO 37 IP.

If Cruz is unlucky this year because of lack of run support, what about last year where in his three wins he had 26 runs in support?

Cruz has potential. He has great movement. In fact, I'm more impressed with the movement than the velocity. However, 6 BB 2 HBP in 4 innings is wild, uncontrolled wildness. Cruz "good action" has to be harnessed by commnand, which he plainly hasn't had. It's not the ump's fault either. If Cruz didn't give up many hits yesterday then it was because for the most part the Cardinals' game plan seemed to be to stand there and duck.

"The (Cubs) offense sucks, no question." That is a tremendous understatement.

The Cubs that are hitting: Sosa, Patterson & Machado. Gonzalez was hot for a little while and obviously came through with a big "walk off HR", but what does he do yesterday? Gonzalez whiffed 4 times for the 2nd time this season! Gonzalez BA is .261 and he's whiffing at a rate that projects to over 125 K's.

I have to agree with goofy Piersall, fire Jeff Pentland.

-DrCrawdad.