PDA

View Full Version : Mark Teixeira to the Sox???

Rockabilly
07-09-2008, 12:45 AM
I saw on another Sox fan web site

That ESPN Magazine mentions the Angels, Red Sox and White Sox are possibilities for getting him

Has anyone seen this article and what does it truly say

I can't see the Sox trading for him... with Boras being his agent

gogosox16
07-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Where would he play if we got him....

Boondock Saint
07-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Where does he play? (not gonna bother to look for the hawk pic)

We've got a first baseman in PK, another that's been killing it since moving back there in Swisher, a DH that we're paying a lot of money to, and killer corner outfielders in JD and TCQ. I'm not opposed to having him, I just don't see the practicality in trading for him.

btrain929
07-09-2008, 01:11 AM
I doubt we have enough to trade for him anyways. Unless the article is saying we might make a run for him this offseason when he's a FA. Then we'll have Thome gone and we can put Konerko at DH. But even that is highly unlikely...

munchman33
07-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Maybe they mean next year? :?:

JB98
07-09-2008, 12:22 PM
I read the same thing, and I was totally mystified by the claim that Teixeira and the Sox would be a "good fit." How many 1B/DHs do they think the Sox need? Doesn't make sense to me.

UofCSoxFan
07-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I read the same thing, and I was totally mystified by the claim that Teixeira and the Sox would be a "good fit." How many 1B/DHs do they think the Sox need? Doesn't make sense to me.

The only way this makes sense is that the Sox trade major league talent in return (read Konerko and his 10/5 clause (don't see happening) or Thome (why would the Braves want him? He can't play the IF anymore without risk of injury). Even if we could get him for a class A player, unless you can move Konerko or Thome, there is no spot.

Again, I really don't see many opportunities for KW to make a trade. I can see another bat off the bench (maybe a utility IF type that can hit better than Uribe) and another bullpen arm.

That's it.

And frankly, I'm not sure there's a spot for Tex in Boston either....unless the think Ortiz is out. Yes he's better than Youkilis, but you are going to sit him. Maybe you move him to third (I think he played there before moving to first) but then you lose out on Lowell and his above averge D.

gobears1987
07-09-2008, 12:32 PM
:hawk

Where's he gonna play?

pythons007
07-09-2008, 02:54 PM
I can only see this for next year as a best case scenerio. PK won't accept a trade and no one would want Thome and his contract and I don't see the Sox picking some of that up to get Teixeira for half a year.

oeo
07-09-2008, 03:26 PM
I can only see this for next year as a best case scenerio. PK won't accept a trade and no one would want Thome and his contract and I don't see the Sox picking some of that up to get Teixeira for half a year.

Why do so many people think this? I know he's got the 5/10 rights now, but that doesn't mean he will reject a trade.

If he's sent westward, I bet he accepts.

I don't see the Sox trading him this year, though, unless it's something they can't pass up.

Dan the Man
07-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Why do so many people think this? I know he's got the 5/10 rights now, but that doesn't mean he will reject a trade.

I don't see the Sox trading him this year, though, unless it's something they can't pass up.
No way he gets traded; as of now he's got nil value.

Frater Perdurabo
07-09-2008, 03:42 PM
This would be interesting if Teixeira still could play third base, where he played in college.

JB98
07-09-2008, 04:35 PM

He wouldn't accept a trade to a non-contender like the Braves, that's for sure. Any deal involving Konerko and Teixeira would almost certainly have to involve a third team.

<JB waits patiently for Frater to talk about Figgins and Shields.> :rolleyes:

getonbckthr
07-09-2008, 05:01 PM
He wouldn't accept a trade to a non-contender like the Braves, that's for sure. Any deal involving Konerko and Teixeira would almost certainly have to involve a third team.

<JB waits patiently for Frater to talk about Figgins and Shields.> :rolleyes:
I'm bored so time to have fun:
SOx get: Texiera
LAD get: Konerko
ATL get: Kemp, Broadway, 1 more prospect from each.
However **** that cause we won't resign Texiera.

Tragg
07-09-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm bored so time to have fun:
SOx get: Texiera
LAD get: Konerko
ATL get: Kemp, Broadway, 1 more prospect from each.
However **** that cause we won't resign Texiera.
What Texiera does well is not a weakness of the sox. It's like the AJ Burnett nonsense from 2005.....starting pitching was the Sox strength, so trade for a .500 starter who some people considered "elite"

Taliesinrk
07-09-2008, 06:52 PM
What Texiera does well is not a weakness of the sox. It's like the AJ Burnett nonsense from 2005.....starting pitching was the Sox strength, so trade for a .500 starter who some people considered "elite"

I Agree - he doesn't lead-off or play 3B (we could go around about this)... therefore we don't need him.