PDA

View Full Version : Jenks officially placed on the DL

soxfandy
07-09-2008, 12:54 AM
best time is now as he will be back right after the all-star break. I wonder who will get the call up? Any thoughts?

DickAllen72
07-09-2008, 12:55 AM
I hope the Sox swing some kind of trade for a guy who has had success closing.

ilsox7
07-09-2008, 12:56 AM

Hell no. Absolutely no reason to go overpay for someone who probably won't be very good.

hawkjt
07-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Clearly, the sox need another arm up here tomorrow...who is the best option?
Do we have anyone ready to go down on the farm?

You would think that with all the drafted pitchers, they could find one guy with a fresh arm to come in and be decent til bobby is back.
I just hope bobby is ready to go after the allstar break.
Will he need another spring training?

soxfandy
07-09-2008, 01:00 AM
To me this sounds like a situation where he could pitch, but we don't want to risk it. We put him on the retroactive 15 day dl so he will be back right after the break unless something is seriously wrong. Bobby will only miss the remaining 2 games with the Royals and 3 with the Rangers. We definately need to call up a reliever especially after the game tonight!

chisoxmike
07-09-2008, 01:02 AM
He'll (hopefully) be back after the break. Just no more Linebrink closing out games.

JB98
07-09-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm sure they'll add another reliever after this 13-inning game tonight. If I had to guess, I'd say Wassermann will be back. We can probably live with him being on the roster for five days.

Loaiza isn't healthy. MacDougal stinks. Would they go with Broadway or Haeger?

SoxGirl4Life
07-09-2008, 01:18 AM
I'm sure they'll add another reliever after this 13-inning game tonight. If I had to guess, I'd say Wassermann will be back. We can probably live with him being on the roster for five days.

No no.. Not MacDougal.. please. NEVER MacDougal. He's NEVER the answer! EVER!

oeo
07-09-2008, 01:25 AM

Wassermann or Link.

TDog
07-09-2008, 01:26 AM

I've heard Joe Borowski is available.

And I don't want the Sox to sign him.

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-09-2008, 02:44 AM
Childers has been very good this year, I'd almost give him a chance. He was closing out some games in Charlotte this year as well.

Stringer
07-09-2008, 03:02 AM
From what I heard its just a muscle strain, no really big deal

I say let Matt close and bring up Wassermann or Broadway

WhiteSoxBlog
07-09-2008, 03:08 AM
Wassermann or Link.
I've also heard Wassermann. He's already been with the Sox this year, so he's probably the most likely candidate

whitesox901
07-09-2008, 03:36 AM
Id bet money on Wasserman, Broadway would be nice to see, but he needs to stay in AAA and be a starter, no need to call him up and get him outta rythm just to pitch one inning a few times a week.

LITTLE NELL
07-09-2008, 06:32 AM
With Jenks going on the DL could Pablo be put back on the roster?

Bucky F. Dent
07-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Not a closer, but I would like to see Broadway get a look. Liked what I saw of him last year.

BRDSR
07-09-2008, 08:42 AM
With Jenks going on the DL could Pablo be put back on the roster?

At first I thought the same thing, and wondered why Jenks wasn't put on the DL earlier yesterday instead of cutting ties with Ozuna...but I think Jenks was put on the DL after tonights game precisely because we need another arm in the bullpen after a game like that. It'll be a reliever, and I think it'll be someone who's been with the team already this year. I'd like to see Broadway, but I just don't see a reason to mess with his schedule for a 5-day stint as a reliever.

Save McCuddy's
07-09-2008, 09:42 AM
This whole thing stinks to me. I fear that the extent of the injury is greater than we're hearing at this point.

ilsox7
07-09-2008, 09:57 AM
This whole thing stinks to me. I fear that the extent of the injury is greater than we're hearing at this point.

I think if there was something fishy going on, he would not have made the trip to KC. They were obviously holding out hope he would be fine, so he made the trip. Sounds like a bad muscle strain that hopefully will not nag him too much the rest of the year. I've gotten the impression that if he absolutely had to pitch, he would find a way.

Save McCuddy's
07-09-2008, 10:42 AM
I think if there was something fishy going on, he would not have made the trip to KC. They were obviously holding out hope he would be fine, so he made the trip. Sounds like a bad muscle strain that hopefully will not nag him too much the rest of the year. I've gotten the impression that if he absolutely had to pitch, he would find a way.

The only thing that doesn't seem fishy to me is that we're playing KC and figure we should get 2 of 3 with or without Bobby. But let's face it, all these games are critical. Psychologically this team would certainly prefer to hold onto first place at all costs. If Bobby's injury is limited to his non-throwing shoulder and could pitch if "he had to", then I would guess that Ozzie would have used him in at least one of our last few save opportunities.

Let's face it, Bobby's velocity has been down. His k-rate alarming. Haven't seen his trademark snap dragon much at all while he seems to be trying to make do with a pedestrian slider. There is a logical argument that he has been trying to pitch through an injury for most of the season.

ilsox7
07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
The only thing that doesn't seem fishy to me is that we're playing KC and figure we should get 2 of 3 with or without Bobby. But let's face it, all these games are critical. Psychologically this team would certainly prefer to hold onto first place at all costs. If Bobby's injury is limited to his non-throwing shoulder and could pitch if "he had to", then I would guess that Ozzie would have used him in at least one of our last few save opportunities.

Let's face it, Bobby's velocity has been down. His k-rate alarming. Haven't seen his trademark snap dragon much at all while he seems to be trying to make do with a pedestrian slider. There is a logical argument that he has been trying to pitch through an injury for most of the season.

It looks like he has a nagging injury and maybe has had it for a while now. While certain stats and stuff might be down, he has still been getting the job done. Being in first place in July gives the slight luxury of not overextending guys. Right now, I think the Sox are seeing the forest for the trees, which is smart. They let PK get to 100% and it would behoove them to let Jenks get to as close to 100% as he will get before the off season. It's a long, long season and some rest now for a few of these guys is not the worst thing in the world.

beasly213
07-09-2008, 11:00 AM
What's Dustin Hermanson up to??

At least it is his non throwing arm that is the problem. This move makes sense as the Break is coming up and the Sox don't want to risk anything going into the 2nd half of the year which is going to be a wild ride.

salty99
07-09-2008, 11:56 AM
What's Dustin Hermanson up to??

At least it is his non throwing arm that is the problem. This move makes sense as the Break is coming up and the Sox don't want to risk anything going into the 2nd half of the year which is going to be a wild ride.

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tealpolice:

Lip Man 1
07-09-2008, 11:59 AM
My guess Wasserman.

Regarding Jenks, this situation needs to get fixed period. Supposedly it's his upper left back which Bobby himself says isn't that bad, yet he can't throw hard. That doesn't make any sense. Send him back to Chicago and get more tests on this. How many times in the Sox past (think 2001) have pitchers been given a "clean" bill of health only to find out later they had things like a torn labrum that didn't show up on the MRI. (Not saying Bobby has this but obviously something is wrong.....find it!)

Lip