PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday's Winning Pick To Click...

voodoochile
07-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Some people are fast and then there's TCM...

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/8169.jpg
"Scoring from second on a sac fly is easy. I do it all the time..."

hi im skot
07-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Alexei was un****ingreal tonight.

07-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Awesome

White_Sock
07-08-2008, 11:59 PM
WE SHOULD LET HIM GROW INTO A REAL MLB PLAYER IN AAA THIS SEASON!!!:cool:

chisoxfanatic
07-09-2008, 01:43 AM
I was on a plane during the entire game. Would someone please explain how he scored on a sac fly from second? God, I wish I had seen that!

Way to go, Cuban Missile!

Nellie_Fox
07-09-2008, 02:00 AM
I was on a plane during the entire game. Would someone please explain how he scored on a sac fly from second? God, I wish I had seen that!

Way to go, Cuban Missile!The left fielder caught the ball on the dead run in deep center and then immediately clipped the center fielder so they both went to the ground, and by the time he could get back to his feet and start the ball in to the cutoff man, Alexei was rounding third.

jcw218
07-09-2008, 02:03 AM

Way to go, Cuban Missile!

Gathwright and Tehean met each other while Joey was catching a fly ball off the bat of AJ in right center. Joey fell down after making said catch and Alexei never stopped running. Here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200807083096263) is the KC tv video of the play.

Stringer
07-09-2008, 02:03 AM
No Thome?

:?:

hawkjt
07-09-2008, 02:05 AM
It was Crede on third, Alexei on second...one out, down 5-3 in the eighth. AJ nails a long drive to right center and the two outfielders actually collide but Gathright makes a spectacular catch and spins to the ground...Alexei takes off like a....well, missile...and scores with a nice fade slide to the outside just beating the throw. Alexei also scored the winning run from first on a double by OC. He was a running maniac on the bases tonite and also went 4 of 6 from the plate....guy is the rightful winner tonite altho my pick Crede had a good nite with 2-5..walk,homer,two rbis....joe's show ing some signs..Thome was 4of 5 and is up to .240....could be at .260 by the end of july and all is forgiven.

chisoxfanatic
07-09-2008, 02:38 AM
Gathwright and Tehean met each other while Joey was catching a fly ball off the bat of AJ in right center. Joey fell down after making said catch and Alexie never stopped running. Here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200807083096263) is the KC tv video of the play.
Sweet lord, what a heads-up running play! I would have to say that the Cuban Missile is the catalyst of this offense. I would agree with that thread discussing him leading off. I think he would flourish in that role in the near future.

whitesox901
07-09-2008, 02:41 AM
Are the Royals and the rest of the AL having :rolleyes: a cuban missle crisis?

jcw218
07-09-2008, 02:43 AM
It was Crede on third, Alexei on second...one out, down 5-3 in the eighth. AJ nails a long drive to right center and the two outfielders actually collide but Gathright makes a spectacular catch and spins to the ground...Alexei takes off like a....well, missile...and scores with a nice fade slide to the outside just beating the throw.

Situation is actually tied at 5 top of the 11th with bases loaded. Crede on third, Alexei on 2nd and Cabrera on 1st after the missed interference call.

DumpJerry
07-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Hercules strikes again! He also gets an honorable mention for his First-to-Home hit and run from OC.

voodoochile
07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Hercules strikes again! He also gets an honorable mention for his First-to-Home hit and run from OC.

Right and reaching base before that on a routine chopper to the KC SS.

Thome had it won until TCM simply took over the game.

hawkjt
07-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Situation is actually tied at 5 top of the 11th with bases loaded. Crede on third, Alexei on 2nd and Cabrera on 1st after the missed interference call.

My bad...there was so much action in that game it became a blur.

Anyone think that Alexei intentionally blocked that second baseman on that non-interference call? You are allowed to screen out the second baseman if you do not make contact...Hawk always says Alexei is our best baseball player...did he make a split second instinctual move there? amazing.

hi im skot
07-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Anyone think that Alexei intentionally blocked that second baseman on that non-interference call? You are allowed to screen out the second baseman if you do not make contact...Hawk always says Alexei is our best baseball player...did he make a split second instinctual move there? amazing.

Perhaps...but it was the incorrect move that he thankfully got away with.

Voodoo is right, though---Alexei completely took over the game in extras.

ilsox7
07-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Right and reaching base before that on a routine chopper to the KC SS.

Thome had it won until TCM simply took over the game.

I don't think it was all that routine. It was very softly hit and the only chance they had to get him was if the 3rd baseman could have cut the ball off. But AR was hustling all the way down the line and he certainly can run.