PDA

View Full Version : * Official * Pablo Ozuna Appreciation Thread

Domeshot17
07-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Thank you Pablo for being a decent back up for a few years. You knew your role and did it pretty good. You left us some great memories, like playing a huge role off the bench in stealing 2b vs the Angels on game 2 and scoring the game winning run, and some of those insane reaction dives out of the way in LF.

Age and Injury caught you, but hopefully you accept the assignment and we can see you again in September.

veeter
07-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Stay with the Sox Pablo.

WhiteSox5187
07-08-2008, 02:00 PM
He was just a great role player. Not an everyday player, but very good off the bench. I hope he stays with us, which I imagine he will as I can't think of anyone else who would want him.

PolishPower83
07-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I wish my name was Pablo. Thanks for the memories.

hi im skot
07-08-2008, 02:01 PM
:hawk

I loooooooove to see Pablo smile

cheezheadsoxfan
07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks Pablo.

kevingrt
07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
He won a ring with us and scored a game winning run/ Hopefully Pablo goes to AAA and we see him again if anyone gets injured.

Risk
07-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I hope he stays on and accepts an assigment to AAA. If not, thanks for the gutsy and aggressive play in 05 and 06. Too bad that it seems his legs haven't returned since the injury in 07.

Risk

hawkjt
07-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I salute Pablo, the good soldier and teammate that he always was. Hustled his ass off, which was what he was doing when he got hurt last year.
Did everything Ozzie asked, with a smile. Hope he stays in the sox organization and is back in a sox uni before too long. By Sept anyway.

soxinem1
07-08-2008, 02:24 PM
We got a lot more out of him than we ever could imagine when he was signed.

I say he takes the AAA assignment and comes back if needed.

SoxGirl4Life
07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks Pablo! Very nice role-player and as insignificant as it seemed at the time, when he broke his ankle last year, I knew the Sox were doomed for the season. Not because of the injury, but because of the flukiness of it.

asindc
07-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks Pablo, for the game 2 ALCS steal and run scored. You earned your ring.

Boondock Saint
07-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the memories, Pablo.

esbrechtel
07-08-2008, 02:40 PM
One of my favorite Pablo moments was his walk off bunt in 06. That was one of my favorite games that I had been to....thanks for the memories!

getonbckthr
07-08-2008, 02:46 PM
My favorite Pablo moment: I believe it was Sept of 06. They show the dugout and there was no Pablo. All of a sudden they show the seats by the dugout. What do you see? Pablo sitting with the Fans. Thats how Pablo was all about having fun and making you smile.

kittle42
07-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Come on, Timo! Come on, Timo!

Oh wait. Wrong thread!

Brian26
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Come on, Timo! Come on, Timo!

Oh wait. Wrong thread!

LOL. Awesome :thumbsup:

SOXfnNlansing
07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
My son always liked Pablo, and so did I :redface:

wilburaga
07-08-2008, 03:40 PM
One of my favorite Pablo plays was when he threw out Sean Casey at first base from left field after Casey hesitated running to first thinking Crede had caught his line drive.

The old 5-7-3.

W

PaleHoser
07-08-2008, 03:42 PM
If he doesn't accept assignment to Charlotte, I hope he signs with a National League team. Otherwise he'll haunt the Sox.

Thigpen "57"
07-08-2008, 03:54 PM
One of my favorite Pablo moments was his walk off bunt in 06. That was one of my favorite games that I had been to....thanks for the memories!

+1!! That was one of my favorite regular season games ever. Big Frank's first game back in Chicago, and he belts 2 bombs. Robbie Mack hits a clutch late inning shot, and then Sir Pablo with the bunt hit to win it!!

DickAllen72
07-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Pablo was one of my favorite players on the team over the past few years. He brought a lot of energy and excitement and always had a knack for making good things happen.

And like DJ aways said, he was also my favorite Backyardigan! :D:

Best wishes Pablo! Hope you stay within the Sox organization, but I wish you much success wherver you go (as long as it's not the Cubs).

nccwsfan
07-08-2008, 04:35 PM
My favorite Ozuna moments:

- Stolen base in the ALCS
- Stealing home against KC in 05'. Podsednik was enough of a distraction when Ozuna decided to make a run for it....happy to say I was in attendance for that one :smile:.

Thanks for your contributions Pablo and good luck.

PennStater98r
07-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Pab-zu - put that Sox uniform on again!

JUribe1989
07-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Some Pablo memories
-Walk-off bunt against the A's in '06
-Game-tying home run with 2 outs in the 9th against the Mariners in '06
-Game tying bases clearing double against the Royals in May '06
-Steal of home against the Royals in '05
-A lead-off double which led to his season-ending inury in '07 in which he continued to run to second even though he was hobbling the whole way there
-Game-winning hit with his first career Sox RBI against the Royals in April '05
-All of the football catches he made in '06 (You know the ones I'm talking about, where he laid out straight forward and grabbed it with two hands)

You're the man Pablo!

SoxSpeed22
07-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Pablo was always one of my favorite guys on the team. Whenever the game was close and he went in, you knew something good would happen. He was a fun player to watch and to be around. Thanks for the steals, runs and walk-off bunts.
:worship::ozuna:

XplodingScorbord
07-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the memories, Pablo!

BeefyD
07-08-2008, 05:11 PM
I've been lucky enough to be at the games when Pablo stole home and to see his first home run.

I'll definately miss Pablo.

MarySwiss
07-08-2008, 06:20 PM
+1!! That was one of my favorite regular season games ever. Big Frank's first game back in Chicago, and he belts 2 bombs. Robbie Mack hits a clutch late inning shot, and then Sir Pablo with the bunt hit to win it!!

Amen! That was also COTC II, my only game in Chicago that year and the event at which I met so many of my favorite WSI pals for the first time. See you in September (I hope), Pablo!

soxgirl617
07-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I salute Pablo, the good soldier and teammate that he always was. Hustled his ass off, which was what he was doing when he got hurt last year.
Did everything Ozzie asked, with a smile. Hope he stays in the sox organization and is back in a sox uni before too long. By Sept anyway.

This sums up how I feel....Pablo is a great soldier and teammate, and never complained (that we ever heard about) about his lack of playing time. I firmly believe that one (although only one) of our problems last year was losing Pablo to injury.

I'm very disappointed in this decision.

WhiteSoxJunkie
07-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Pablo, you were one hell of a pinch runner. You always seemed to get a critical stolen base late in the game when the team needed it. Kudos!

Frankfan4life
07-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the memories Pablo. I hate to see you go. You always played the game hard.

JGarlandrules20
07-08-2008, 06:33 PM
This is the worst news to come home to. :(:

Pablo was one of my favs, if only for the attitude he showed every time he played. Also because we both share the same birthday which makes him awesome by default.

He was so huge in '05 and I'll never forget how much he contributed off the bench.

thomas35forever
07-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for 2005 Pablo. You were probably the biggest steal on that team. Good luck on whatever you do next.

A. Cavatica
07-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks Pablo. You brought hustle, speed, and wins. I hope you stick with the organization and get a chance to contribute again.

rdwj
07-08-2008, 09:47 PM
There goes my favorite Backyardigan

Hitmen77
07-08-2008, 10:45 PM
There goes my favorite Backyardigan

ahhh...you beat me to it.

http://www.nickjr.co.uk/shows/backyardigans/media/bigPablo.jpg

lonestar101285
07-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I remember when I first saw him in the starting lineup in Minnesota in the opening week in 2005. The White Sox were facing off against Johan Santana and I was thinking to myself "who the hell is this guy and why is he leading off?"

Well, it didn't take long to take a liking to Ozuna when he beat out that bunt and later scored. When I realized what he brought to the team (later I learned that he made the team after having a ridiculous spring), I took a liking to him.

Whether it was his timely base running, the game winning bunt, the steal of home, the game tying homer as his first as a Sox were more than enough to overlook some of his defensive shortcomings.

He could play just about anywhere on the field, he was fast, he played smart and he seemed to do all the little things that win ballgames. Most importantly, he knew his role, never heard of him mouthing off to someone and had fun when he played.

To believe management when they say that they kept Urible because of his versatility in the infield positions is outlandish. Ozuna's majority of his play came in backing up Crede this year and I am worried about Uribe's chances of playing the hot corner considering he hasn't done it since 2004.

Plus, Ozuna could hit and bunt. I really hope he accepts an assignment to the minors so that Kenny can do the right thing and get rid of Urible and see Pablo once again.