PDA

View Full Version : What team do you just hate?

beasly213
07-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Not only what baseball team do you hate but why? Is it the fans? The Stadium? The Players? The history? etc....

If it's the Cubs then that's fine but have some reasons other than "CUBS SUCK"

The team that I can not STAND is the Minnesota Twins. I could care less that they are a "class organization" and always in it no matter what. Their stadium just irks me to death and its hard to watch the Sox play there. It seems like the fans don't care all that much about the team as when I watch there is usually no one there.

The players seem to have a "we're better than you" attitude because they are winning on a small budget or something.

I even hate their Uniforms! I hate how their names are just a big patch on the back of their jersey and totally mess up the pinstripe design.

As much as I would hate getting crap from my Cub fan friends if the day ever comes where the Twins play the Cubs in the World Series I'm rooting for the Cubs.

DSpivack
07-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Twins. Indians. Cubs. Red Sox. Yankees. A's.

skottyj242
07-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Red Sox. I hate everything about them. I have zero interest of going to Fenway ever.

Rockabilly
07-08-2008, 11:02 AM
I just can't stand the A's

Guess it goes back to the early 90's when they had the 2 steroid bashers and Dave Stewart saying **** about Black Jack....

soxpride724
07-08-2008, 11:07 AM
The Tigers and the Red Sox.

For NFL it would be the Lions, Patriots and Packers.

Uncle_Patrick
07-08-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm sick to death of the Red Sox and Red Sox Nation. I can't stand the Twins because they don't seem to go away. I dislike the Cubs fanbase more than the team.

soxpride724
07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm sick to death of the Red Sox and Red Sox Nation. I can't stand the Twins because they don't seem to go away. I dislike the Cubs fanbase more than the team.

Same here, I have nothing against the Cubs players or the Tribune Company, I just dislike the fans more than anything.

Mr.1Dog
07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm sick to death of the Red Sox and Red Sox Nation. I dislike the Cubs fanbase more than the team.

Agreed. With the Cubs, Red Sox and Yankees, it's more about a hatred of the fan base rather than the team. I flat out hate the Twins for all the reasons mentioned above.

kittle42
07-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I go through phases, naturally based on who seems to be the biggest rival of the Sox at the time, but currently:

Twins - just so damn scrappy, too many guys named Boof, and the Triple H Terrordrome is terrible. However, if they ever go back to the doldrums, I will probably lose hate for them.

Indians - I will always hate the Indians due to their '90s/early 2000s team, 50% of which seems to have ended up playing for the Sox. Thanks, '97 Marlins and Jose Mesa/Tony Fernandez!

Red Sox - for the Red Sox, it's just their Cubbie-esque fanbase after 2004. The team itself doesn't bother me. However, I find even the Yankees to be less offensive.

Cubs - it's just about everything, of course, but 90% of it is their fans.

jabrch
07-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Oakland and Boston...almost entirely because of their fans

Detroit - just such a stinky smelly disgusting city

Minnesota - not "hate", but I am still confused as to how they keep on doing it

munchman33
07-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Hate is such a strong word. It should never be used lightly.

I ****ing hate the Twins.

mark2olson
07-08-2008, 11:42 AM
I have a friend who is a Cub fan, she was very magnanimous when we won the WS; she came by my office and extended her congratulations the day after game 4...However, this town has more than its share of idiot Cub fans, they drive me crazy. It is pretty much a vestige of WGN's coverage of the Cubs that created the initial fan base, but in 2003 many around here jumped on the bandwagon. I had several colleagues, colleagues who hadn't a clue about baseball, who were all of a sudden walking around talking about the "Friendly Confines," and how the Cubs were going to the series. It snowballed from there, but it was a "Candyland" snowball. Everything, in the bandwagoneers' view of the Cubs is perfect. Wrigley is perfect, Wriggleyville is perfect, the team is perfect (and will win the world series), ad infinitum. It's almost like living in a "You write tomorrow's Cubune Headline" world.

Up until 2003, I never really thought about the Cubs. After that, I couldn't stand them.

I also hate the Twins, not only because they are a division rival, but also because their radio announcers grind my gristle. I can't even remember their names, and don't care to. One of them uses the catch phrase "Touch 'em all, <player name>" when one of their players hits a tater. His voice boarders on soprano, IMO, it's just like chalk grating against a blackboard.

whitesox901
07-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Red Sox. I hate everything about them. I have zero interest of going to Fenway ever.

You speak the truth me friend, but I also really really really hate the Detroit Tigers. They have got to be the most ignorant Bandwagoning ****tard fans ever. I remeber when they got D-train and Miggy-C and they were pretty much giving themselves the AL Central, I argued that they lacked pitching so he sat there and said "Whens the last time the Sox won the World Series?" And I hate how nowadays its so trendy around here (Toledo Metro, not WSI) to be all about the Tigers, I remeber growing up that all anyone liked around here was the Red Wings, Ohio State Buckeyes and the Micghican Wolverines.

Madvora
07-08-2008, 11:46 AM
The team that I can not STAND is the Minnesota Twins. I could care less that they are a "class organization" and always in it no matter what. Their stadium just irks me to death and its hard to watch the Sox play there. It seems like the fans don't care all that much about the team as when I watch there is usually no one there.
See, that's the same kind of crap people used to say about Sox fans. That's what bothered me the most, getting crap about how full the stadium was. I am one fan and I'm supporting my team, what everyone else does is not my concern. That should apply to other teams as well.

LITTLE NELL
07-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I came out of the womb loving the White Sox and hating the Cubs. In those 62 years I've grown to hate the Cubs even more with each passing year, the main reason being that I saw Chicago become a Cub town after being a Sox town in the 50s and 60s.
Since moving to SW Florida I've become a Red Sox hater also, because of all the obnoxious retired transplants that moved down here to follow the BoSox in spring training. There is hope, BoSox are in talks about moving up to Sarasota for spring training, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

gobears1987
I just hate the ****ing Twins. It's pretty obvious why.

soxpride724
See, that's the same kind of crap people used to say about Sox fans.[quote=Madvora;1954703] That's what bothered me the most, getting crap about how full the stadium was. I am one fan and I'm supporting my team, what everyone else does is not my concern. That should apply to other teams as well.

Used to,lol. I still hear that **** all the time.

ilsox7
07-08-2008, 11:49 AM
I hate the Twins more than any team in sports.

SOXPHILE
07-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Cubs - By miles and miles ahead of the next closest team. Since 1984, the incredibly stupid, obnoxious, baseball ignorant, loudmouthed, look at me I'm doing whatever the latest trendy thing is, fanbase. Plus, the way they are hyped, slobbered over and promoted by the media, ESPECIALLY the gigantic media conglomerate that owns them, despite their protests to the contrary. Has there ever been another sports team, or anything else for that matter, as unsuccessful in their endevours each year, yet is looked upon as being great, wonderful, storied, etc. ?

Red Sox - This is just in the last couple of years. Yes, they actually do have a winning tradition, but good god am I sick and tired of those loud, arrogant east coast -"R is pronounced like AH"- ass hats.

Packers - yah hay dare....not even going to get started on this one....

ondafarm
07-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Baseball: there's a special hatred I have for the New York Yankees. I dislike several other teams, I really dislike a few other teams, but I hate the Yankee$.

After that: Yomiuri Giants, Cubs, Twins. . . .

Football: Oakland Raiders. Their fans are more like a biker gang than . . .

Super-14 Rugby Union: Auckland Blues

beasly213
07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
See, that's the same kind of crap people used to say about Sox fans. That's what bothered me the most, getting crap about how full the stadium was. I am one fan and I'm supporting my team, what everyone else does is not my concern. That should apply to other teams as well.

But the difference is the Twins are consistantly a good team. When the Sox are good they draw.

munchman33
07-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Mods: is it possible to add a poll at some point to this thread with some of the popular choices?

Over By There
07-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Our division rivals are at the top of my list, with the Twins #1. That awful stadium, the endless praise heaped on them for being such a great franchise, and of course, Timberwolf. My ill-will for the Tigers has enjoyed a resurgence lately, as I dislike many of their players, most notably I-Roid.

I have to admit I hate the Cubs, too. I didn't always have the nasty, dark hatred for them that I do today, but I think the advent of interleague play and the annual crosstown matchups changed something. Those games are so miserable to go to, with the bile spewed by both sets of fans, that it's hard not to get caught up in it. When the Sox got swept at Wrigley a few weeks ago, I have to admit those losses stung badly. That said, I try to heed the advice of the few cool heads here at WSI that advise to not worry about the Chicago NL ballclub.

bridgeportcopper
07-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Sort of piling on here, but:
Red Sox - I don't like there douchebag celebrity followers (this means you, Affleck, Damon, Wahlberg etc.) I don't like there douchebag non-celebrity followers who take over road stadiums like Grateful Dead tour. I don't like Jerry Remy (he wasn't even a good player). I don't like the fact that ESPN washes their jocks for them, and I really don't like the fact that their savior Big Papi was a wash-out castoff who they got for nothing and has made a living off slapping balls around that bandbox and has NO other recognizable baseball use!
Cubs - Too easy - I HATE their marketing department and their "look at us, Ozzie and Sharon Osbourne are at the game enjoying Wrigley" attitude. I hate "It's Gonna Happen" - IT'S NOT- EVER! I hate "Wait til Next year"! I hate "This is the year!" I HATE Carlos Zambrano! I HATE Aramis Ramirez! I DETEST Sammy Sosa! I HATE ballparks that are adored but actually smell and are crumbling! I hate Iowans who come and adore said ballparks! I hate those stupid rooftops that are depicted nationally as a "quaint little apartment building where the neighbors can watch the game" yet are actually wrangled over by money grubbing owners and businessmen who charge upwards of $200 a person for the game. I hate the fact that if you go to a Sox-Cub game at Wrigley and stop at Murphy's Bleachers before the game - people approach you to talk Cubs baseball (especially when their team has won the first 2 games of the series at that point), and when you realize they don't know squat about baseball and ask where they are from, the response is usually, California, New York or Ohio! I hate frat boys, Trixies, bleacher bums, and I hate the fact you cannot ever take a child in those scum Bud Light Bleachers because it is not a ballgame, but a goofy college party consisting of transplanted Big 10 alums most of whom are not even from Chicago!
Sorry, if I was ranting!

WisSoxFan
07-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Cubs - for obvious reasons.

Red Sox - Bill Simmons (The Sports Guy). I used to like them until this douchebag starting writing about them and the Pats in virtually every column.

palehozenychicty
07-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Cubs - By miles and miles ahead of the next closest team. Since 1984, the incredibly stupid, obnoxious, baseball ignorant, loudmouthed, look at me I'm doing whatever the latest trendy thing is, fanbase. Plus, the way they are hyped, slobbered over and promoted by the media, ESPECIALLY the gigantic media conglomerate that owns them, despite their protests to the contrary. Has there ever been another sports team, or anything else for that matter, as unsuccessful in their endevours each year, yet is looked upon as being great, wonderful, storied, etc. ?

Red Sox - This is just in the last couple of years. Yes, they actually do have a winning tradition, but good god am I sick and tired of those loud, arrogant east coast -"R is pronounced like AH"- ass hats.

Packers - yah hay dare....not even going to get started on this one....

The New York Knicks. They are the Cubs of the NBA. Run by a media behemoth (MSG/Cablevision/Radio City Music Hall), bloated payroll, an endlessly overhyped, crumbling venue, annoying, gutless players, and so forth. Yet they are portrayed otherwise. They haven't won a title in 35 years with the most resources in the league. In fact, the commissioner had to fix the lottery just so they could get a No. 1 pick and end the losing! (Ewing)

In fact, the reason the Knicks were contending in the '90s was because they fouled the **** out of everyone on the perimeter. Anybody remember the OJ Finals of '94? The most wretched display of basketball ever! Anywhere!

Ok. I'm done.

Madvora
07-08-2008, 01:09 PM
But the difference is the Twins are consistantly a good team. When the Sox are good they draw.
Oh I understand that. I'm saying that it's no reason to act like those fans don't care or any worse because of the numbers who show up.
People sound like Cubs fans when they judge a team's worth based on how many people show up to watch them.

Risk
07-08-2008, 01:09 PM
For baseball:

1. Boston Red Sox--Up until last year, most of the hate was reserved for the chuckle nut fanbase of the "Red Sox Nation" (I had a rant about this last year, but I'm too lazy to search and link it), but the consummate douche baggery of Manny, Crisp and Papelclown (I'm an Irishman, but if I ever broke out in Riverdance in public I would allow strangers to get in line and Rochambeau me repeatedly for my inappropriate public display) have made me hate many of the players of that team even more. And it's bull that Varitek is an All-Star.

2. Twins--Like a bad 80's horror movie, the antagonists just never seem to be completely dead. And b/c of them we have that perpetual mound of idiotic annoyance Timberwolf wasting bandwith (however, he does provide comic relief to me in the fact that there are people in this world that are truly more pathetic and wastes of oxygen than Jay the Moron, who is just beyond stupid to boot and provide Exhibit A for the argument in favor of allowing 100th Trimester abortions).

3. Yankees--Needs no explanation.

4. The Unlovable Losers (Chicago National League Baseball Club)--So many reasons to hate, beginning with:
1) their so-called tradition (losing)
2) most of their want to be seen fanbase (losers);
3) their "revered, beautiful and historical stadium" (home of losers);
4) their media conglomerate ownership (losing business); and
5) their long list of overpaid, overhyped, cheating and underperforming players (professional losers).

Risk

palehozenychicty
07-08-2008, 01:13 PM
For baseball:

The Twins. I hate how they scrap to the division title, but turn into pumpkins when October hits. What's the point? Really?

The A's: That damn horn, the Alameda dump. Canseco. Weiss.

The Cubs. Neon hats. Need we say more?

I apologize about the basketball hijack. :D:

thomas35forever
07-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Twins: How they keep winning is beyond me. Maybe it's because Gardenhire's a good manager. Maybe it's because they know how to build. Maybe it's because of that ****ty dome they'll be out of after next year. Whatever the reason, I just ****ing hate them.

Cubs: If it weren't for the fans, I just wouldn't care. However, they, coupled with the media love, makes them hard to ignore and you can have an intelligent baseball conversation with about 10 percent of their fans. The other 90 fill Wrigley Field day in and day out and create a frat house mentality all over the ballpark, especially in the bleachers.

FTR, I'll be at the Urinal tomorrow night and my friend is exchanging the tickets for bleacher seats. Everyone pray for me.

Lip Man 1
07-08-2008, 01:24 PM
1. Cubs
2. Twins
3. Red Sox

Lip

soxfan13
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM

Thats a shame.

Sort of piling on here, but:
Red Sox - I don't like there douchebag celebrity followers (this means you, Affleck, Damon, Wahlberg etc.) I don't like there douchebag non-celebrity followers who take over road stadiums like Grateful Dead tour. I don't like Jerry Remy (he wasn't even a good player). I don't like the fact that ESPN washes their jocks for them, and I really don't like the fact that their savior Big Papi was a wash-out castoff who they got for nothing and has made a living off slapping balls around that bandbox and has NO other recognizable baseball use!
Cubs - Too easy - I HATE their marketing department and their "look at us, Ozzie and Sharon Osbourne are at the game enjoying Wrigley" attitude. I hate "It's Gonna Happen" - IT'S NOT- EVER! I hate "Wait til Next year"! I hate "This is the year!" I HATE Carlos Zambrano! I HATE Aramis Ramirez! I DETEST Sammy Sosa! I HATE ballparks that are adored but actually smell and are crumbling! I hate Iowans who come and adore said ballparks! I hate those stupid rooftops that are depicted nationally as a "quaint little apartment building where the neighbors can watch the game" yet are actually wrangled over by money grubbing owners and businessmen who charge upwards of $200 a person for the game. I hate the fact that if you go to a Sox-Cub game at Wrigley and stop at Murphy's Bleachers before the game - people approach you to talk Cubs baseball (especially when their team has won the first 2 games of the series at that point), and when you realize they don't know squat about baseball and ask where they are from, the response is usually, California, New York or Ohio! I hate frat boys, Trixies, bleacher bums, and I hate the fact you cannot ever take a child in those scum Bud Light Bleachers because it is not a ballgame, but a goofy college party consisting of transplanted Big 10 alums most of whom are not even from Chicago!
Sorry, if I was ranting!

So supporting the team they grew up with makes them douches?:?: If they grew up on the southside and love the White Sox would they be considered doches?

Palehose Pete
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
The Twins. I hate the efficient little ****ers and their stupid little dome, too. They're winning with guys like Kubel?? Buscher?? Harris?? Casilla?? Punto?? Slowey?? Baker?? Blackburn?? Punto?? Perkins?? ***. It's like a who's who of double A. "I'll take guys that will never make it to the big leagues for $500, Alex."

asindc
07-08-2008, 01:46 PM
In order of detestness:

1. Boston- everyone knows why;

2. Minny- they play inside in a building that gives them at least 2-3 "wins" a year they wouldn't get otherwise;

3. Cubs- the general cluelessness about baseball from too many of their fans;

4. Atlanta- the tomahawk chop and for being the worst sports city in the country.

kraut83
07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
1. Twins - For doing what they do every year.
2. Indians - Mostly because of their fans.
3. A's - The white shoes, and that the Sox could never seem to get past these guys in the AL West days.

4. Atlanta- the tomahawk chop and for being the worst sports city in the country.

The city of Miami disagrees with your statement!

mccoydp
07-08-2008, 02:57 PM
My list:

1. Twinkies
2. Jndjans
3. Cubs
4. Red Sawx
5. Three-way tie: Baltimore, Texas, and Houston.

Palehose Pete
07-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Ooo, ooo! I forgot to add Texas. Stupid ownership (the A-Rod contract and their approach to pitching (hint: they don't have one)), lackadaisical fans and their gaudy monstrosity of a ball park.

SoxSpeed22
07-08-2008, 03:21 PM
For obvious reasons, Minnesota and Boston. The Yankees are now an old act.
For football, Green Bay and Minnesota are also obvious. As a Denver fan, I used to hate KC, but don't have much of a problem with them anymore. Now, I can't stand the Chargers, that team is full of *******s.
For basketball, Indiana, Detroit, New York and Miami are the easy choices. The Lakers are another good choice.

TornLabrum
07-08-2008, 03:23 PM
As one of the older farts here, it would be the New York Yankees. I became a Sox fan when "rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for U.S. Steel (or General Motors, depending on your source)."

Yankees fans seem to think they're entitled. **** 'em all.

asindc
07-08-2008, 03:30 PM
1. Twins - For doing what they do every year.
2. Indians - Mostly because of their fans.
3. A's - The white shoes, and that the Sox could never seem to get past these guys in the AL West days.

The city of Miami disagrees with your statement!

You might just be right about that. At least the people of Miami have South Beach as an excuse!:smile:

jenn2080
07-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I hate the Red Sox A LOT and I hate Cleveland fans.

I want Mags back
07-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I also hate the Twins, not only because they are a division rival, but also because their radio announcers grind my gristle. I can't even remember their names, and don't care to. One of them uses the catch phrase "Touch 'em all, <player name>" when one of their players hits a tater. His voice boarders on soprano, IMO, it's just like chalk grating against a blackboard.

that guy's in Little Big League. I forget his name, but i like him

Dick Allen
07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
-Flubs, for all the reasons mentioned above
-Twins, because besides being a pain in our derriere, that travesty of a "ballpark" they play in, the obnoxious PA announcer (who I think is finally deceased), and their idiotic fans. The further north, the dumber they are.
-I may be the only one here who hates the Royals, but it goes back to 1977 with, especially Hal MacRae, Darrell Porter, Pete LaCock, and a host of other douches on that team.

SOXfnNlansing
07-08-2008, 03:54 PM
cubs and giants

whitesoxfan1986
07-08-2008, 04:11 PM
1. Twins. They are like cockroaches. You cannot kill them, you can only lessen their strength.
2a. Cubs (fanbase moreso than the team)
2b. Boston (see 2a)
2c. Zhankees(thanks Ozzie for that one; see 2a and 2b)
3. Oakland ( Canseco, McGwire, and the fact that they are a thorn in our sides.

Bucky F. Dent
07-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Hate is such a strong word. It should never be used lightly.

I ****ing hate the Twins.

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch!

BringBackBlkJack
07-08-2008, 04:48 PM
1. Cubs. I would have to agree with the posters that their fanbase vastly contributes to this sentiment. I was a fan of Lou Piniella back in his days with Seattle/Tampa Bay but I feel obligated to root against him now. Guilty by association.

2. Indians. This goes back to the 90s where they always seemed to best the Sox and their fans never let us forget it. The epitome of "sore winner."

3. Red Sox. A more recent phenomenon. I did root for them in the '04 ALCS but if I would have known the level of retardation that would follow, I would have rooted for the Yankees.

asindc
07-08-2008, 05:00 PM
1. Cubs. I would have to agree with the posters that their fanbase vastly contributes to this sentiment. I was a fan of Lou Piniella back in his days with Seattle/Tampa Bay but I feel obligated to root against him now. Guilty by association.

2. Indians. This goes back to the 90s where they always seemed to best the Sox and their fans never let us forget it. The epitome of "sore winner."

3. Red Sox. A more recent phenomenon. I did root for them in the '04 ALCS but if I would have known the level of retardation that would follow, I would have rooted for the Yankees.

Wish I had the opportunity to warn you.

guillen4life13
07-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Baseball:

1) Cubs (more for the fans, again). This has been beaten to death.
2) Twins--more out of respect for how they're somehow able to be competitive and give us fits year in and year out.
3) BoSox. Same as Cubs. I strongly dislike Boston fans in general.
4) Yankees.

Basketball:

1) NY Knicks. After John Starks, X, Charles Smith, etc., I just view the team as a bunch of dirty players. I remember the '90's, and I thought the Knicks were a bunch of thugs. That's been my view of them since.
2) Pistons. Almost the same as the Knicks with Isiah, Lambeer, Rodman, etc. Then in 2007 when they knocked the Bulls out of the playoffs, I wasn't very happy. But now they're a classier team.
3) Celtics. Boston. 'Nuff said.

Football:

1) Packers. History speaks.
2) Patriots. Boston/Mass. Bill Belichick (sp?), etc. They piss me off.
3) Vikings. I don't have much of an explanation. I just don't like 'em.

College Sports:
1) Florida State. I grew up a Gators fan and go to UMiami now. Florida State is the enemy #1.
2) Florida. See above.
3) Duke.

TDog
07-08-2008, 05:47 PM
The A's would be on the top of my list. I didn't move to A's country because I hated the A's, which I have done for decades, but living in A's country does the opposite of easing the hate.

I hate the Cubs because of the way the fans mistreated me when I was growing up a White Sox fan in Munster, which should have been Sox country. If the Cubs lose 100 games, I am disappointed that they won 62. My hatred intensified in 1984 when they almost beat the Padres in the NLCS when I was living in the spring home of the Padres and had San Diego World Series tickets in my possession. Fortunately, something always goes wrong for the Cubs. I believe that is Newton's little known, and quite obscure fourth law of motion.

I hate the Yankees for obvious reason. Author James Michener said in an interview once that anyone with any sense of humanity has to hate the Yankees. I shy away from a direct quote because the gist of it is political.

The Twins and the Indians are there as well as the Tigers. That's a lot of teams to hate. But my love for the White Sox outweighs the immense hate I have for other teams.

Cuck the Fubs
07-08-2008, 05:58 PM
This may sound stupid, but I honestly don't hate any teams.

The only true hatred I have in the sports world is for the fans of the Chicago Cubs.

And I do not mean all of them,because there are some great Cub fans that I know personally.

We all know the kind I'm talking about, and sadly those kind far and away outnumber the good kind.:angry::angry:

ma-gaga
07-08-2008, 06:07 PM
... The further north, the dumber they are.

Careful: Canada is north of Minnesota.

:cool:

TomBradley72
07-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Cubs- overrated ballpark, the never ending "we're more popular" argument, a "rival" in our own backyard
Packers- lived in Milwaukee from 1994-99, we NEVER beat them while I lived there. Had people dancing around me at bars singing "Bears Still Suck". I've never recovered.
Notre Dame- the whole thing is so overrated, they are the "Cubs" of NCAA football. (not on the playing field)
Vikings/Twins when they are playing in the Metrodome...the place is an abomination.
The 1977 Kansas City Royals- McRae's "curtain call" in Game 2 of the July doubleheader and that astroturf field.

MarySwiss
07-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Let's see...
There's the Twins.
And then there's the Twins.
Also the Twins.
Then the Red Sox, Yankees, etc.

Oh, and did I mention the Twins? Special mention to Morneau, Cuddyer, and Nick Punto.

Railsplitter
07-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Yankees, always. New Yorkers themselves are annoying (da greatest city in da woild) those 26 Series titles make them all the more irriataing.

In football, the Cowboys. Two words: America's Team.

SOXSINCE'70
07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh, and did I mention the Twins? Special mention to Morneau, Cuddyer, and Nick Punto.

How about Jason Kubel,Carlos Gomez,Delmon Young,Joe ****ing Mauer
and of course,Mr.lights out himself,JOE ****ING NATHAN!!:angry::angry::angry:

WSox597
07-08-2008, 09:24 PM
In baseball, the obvious choices are the Yankees and the unspeakable team to the north. Mostly because of their insufferable fans.

In college sports, "God's football team", Notre Dame. I guess God blinked last year.

Some of their fans are almost as dumb and obnoxious as cub fans. I even hate their stupid song.

Dallas cowboys, in past days were the scum de la scum. Not so much these days. I still don't care for teams from Texas, but that's mostly because of the general "texas is better than y'all's states" BS that goes on.

Pretty much any team from NY or Detroit. Just can't stand them or their fans. What does Detroit have to be proud of? Most killings per square mile? Fewest actual people living in the city?

The best thing that could happen to Detroit is a battalion of bulldozers roll in and go from end to end.

soxwon
07-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Cubs and twins and tigers.
but truely hate The cubs, i wish they never exsisted.

ThatGuyOnTheL
07-08-2008, 10:42 PM
The Red Sox, the Red Sox, and the Red Sox. Boston is perhaps the least relevant city in all of America, and the fact that they need ESPN to remind us of their continued existence ad nauseam says it all.

I used to dislike the Yankees, but I'll give them this: they and their fans don't claim to be anything they're not. They want to win and will pay anything to do it, and they'll be the first to admit it. They don't go around like the Red Sox, amassing the second-highest payroll in baseball while whining about what scrappy, lovable underdogs they are. Don't like 'em? Fine. I don't, either. But they are what they are.

LongLiveFisk
07-08-2008, 10:54 PM
In college sports, "God's football team", Notre Dame. I guess God blinked last year.

Some of their fans are almost as dumb and obnoxious as cub fans. I even hate their stupid song.

It amazes me how many Cubs fans are also Notre Dame fans. I don't like either of these two, but I really despise the Twins. Yes, I do cheer for the Cubs when they play the Twins. It's a strange feeling.

OldRomanPizza
07-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Baseball

I really used to hate the A's when they had McGuire and Canseco. I also hated that third baseman Carney Lansford for no good reason. This was when I was 8-9.

I hated the Indians in the mid to late 90s, especialy one Jim Thome. Little did I know. A ton of others on that team I loathed. It seemed the Sox would be up three or four runs on them on the road and then one inning...WHAM...Indians would score 5 or 6. Can't forget that drummer either..

I hated the Twins ever since they had that Kent Hrbeck, and his rivalry with Hawk. I kinda forgot about them until I got to college and my best friend's roomate was a big Twins fan from up there. Obviously, their perennial status as division contenders fuels this today..as does their ballpark.

Never really had much hate for the Tigers and certainly none for the Royals.

As for the Cubs...I just hate the circus. Dont hate the team, dont hate the real fans, but i cannot stand the circus and that is why I would root for any AL Central team to beat them in a World Series.

Football

Loathe the Packers, but really only because they have the perfect rivalry with the Bears. Some of the best people I know are Packers fans.

Hated the 49ers back in grade school, when every kid was a Montana and Rice fan.

I am also a modest Denver Brocos fans and thus hate the Kansas City Chiefs. This is also because the Chiefs somehow do have a rep for having fans with no connection to KC. I run into one every now and then...

Basketball

I discovered basketball via my dad sitting on the edge of his bed and bemoaning the Detroit Pistons of the Bad Boy era. Even my mom got into it. Seriously, it was Bill Lambeir sitting just below Saddam Hussein on our list.

My era of NBA hate started with the Knicks of the 90s. Hated everything about them. The Garden, Ewing's fadeaways, Starks, Derek Harper, New York attitudes, Anthony Mason, everything. The series in 93, and how it played out was pure ecstasy.

I really hated the Magic with Anfernee (refuse to call him by his nickname) Hardaway and Shaq. Too much hype as "the next big team" back then.

Hated the Shaq and Kobe Lakers and was really down when the Kings almost had them back in 2002.

Hated the the 06 Heat, mostly because of the Jason Williams, to be honest. :cool:

Hockey

Used to hate the Wings back when the Hawks were playoff bound every season, but now I just want to see the Hawks compete again....period.

During the mid to late 90s, I detested the Colorado Avalance more than Detroit and possibly more than any team during that time period.

College

I hate all Big Ten teams except Northwestern and Penn State. I've no use for the rest.

and there is only one team is all of sports that my parents (mom just as adamant about it as dad) actually told me I could never root for, as only jerks root for them...and that team is, of course, Notre Dame :D:

Domeshot17
07-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Boston. I hate the fans and their arrogance. I hate their players (not all, but Manny is a douche, Wakefield is a crybaby, and Paplebon and his fake intensity annoys the crap out of me). I mean, its not ok for JOBA to get pumped up in the 8th inning, but it is ok for Paplebon to act like everygame he has saved the world from impending doom and does a victory river dance.

chisoxmike
07-09-2008, 12:53 AM
1. Twins. Out of all sports teams, I ****ing hate this team. The team. The fans. The park. The city they play in. I ****ing hate everything about this team.

2. Cubs
3. Red Sox
4. Indians
5. Tigers - Mainly their fans. I-Roid also plays a part.

scarsofthumper
07-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Baseball:

1. Twins
2. Giants
3. Marlins

Football:

1. Patriots
2. Patriots.
3. Take a guess.

Hockey:

Red Wings

Basketball:

Wizards

cnw8052
07-09-2008, 06:55 AM
The Twins. I HATE the Twins. I even hate former players. Especially Torii Hunter. His "smirk" and his luckiness used to irritate the crap out of me. Their dome is an absolute craphole, as everyone has already mentioned. Even their own fans hate that dumpdome.

I also hate the Red Sox, mainly the arrogant fans and Manny Ramirez, who I despise. He never bothered me when he was with the Indians though.

sullythered
07-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Red Sox, Twins, A's, Red Wings, Vikings, Wizards, Cub fans.

RadioheadRocks
07-09-2008, 07:20 AM
CUBS: "Let's all cheer for a totally overexposed mediocre team because the media tells us to!!!"

BTW: those who persist on referring to this team as the "Cubbies" should receive a mandatory 40 lashes with a wet noodle.

russ99
07-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Red Sox, mostly due to their travelling crew of nimrod fans. I used to like them, except when they played the Right Sox. Not anymore. In fact they've gotten so annoying, it's spread to all other Boston teams as well.

Cubs for obvious reasons. Will we get equal time when (not if) we have a better record? I rest my case...

While I very much dislike the Twins, I have to respect how they operate and can plug in fundamentally sound players every year.

Soxman219
07-09-2008, 10:32 AM
MLB-

Red Sox-
Buck Foston. I hate how they think they are entitled to everything. The Red Sox were irrelevant until 2004 and now they think they are the greatest team of all time. "Red Sox Nation" is just a cute, little saying that ESPN hyped up and nothing more. All of the celebrity fans are bandwagon fans except Affleck, Damon, and Walberg. They were at Fenway long before 2004 so they are real fans. The bandwagon fans and even most of the players are douchebags, especially Pape*****.

Cubs-
Blow Cubs Blow! One of my Cub friends yesterday showed me parade directions for the Cubs WS parade. This was after they got Harden. I don't hate the Cubs players at all. In fact, D. Lee is one of my top 5 favorite players. I hate the fans with a passion and how they use fake curses as excuses for their team not winning. It's never their fault.:rolleyes:

Twins-
I hate how nobodys always beat us somehow. Nick Punto is bad but when he plays the Sox he's Mickey Mantle. Jason Kubel always hits of us. Their dump of a stadium is also bad. Morneau saying "Anybody but the White Sox" two years ago. They win the division then choke in the playoffs.

NFL
Viqueens- Very cocky fans in a bad stadium. Not a good combination.
Chargers- Cocky Fans and Players
Pats- They don't play in boston but fans just added them on.

NBA
Pistons- Stems back to the Jordan Rules days.
Celts - The Boston Cockiness made it to the players.

The Critic
07-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Yankees
Red Sox

I tend to dislike players individually, and dislike their team by extension until that player leaves that team.
The Yankees and Wrong Sox are perennially on my list, though.

Droso5
07-09-2008, 12:40 PM
The Twins.

DUCKSNORT86
07-09-2008, 01:14 PM
1)The cubs first due to their urinal of a ballpark, crapy fans, Wriggleyville in itself
2)yankees because they are the yankees
3)Boston, Ive been to Fenway and its another Wriggley field
4) Anyone else in the AL central that tries to beat our beloved White SOX:angry:

Orta 4-6-3
07-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Everybody else in the A.L. Central --- eternal enemies, or at least until realignment.

Yankees and Red Sox --- the former because, well, they're the Yankees; the latter (who used to be my 2nd favorite AL team) because of ESPN, the ever-growing obnoxious presence of "Red Sox Nation", and Manny, Coco, and Papel-jag.

Mets (because they have NY on their caps, and residual hatred from the '80s), Braves (because they play in such a lousy sports city, and I got sick of them winning that division every year and winning only one championship --- has there ever been an achievement in sports as simultaneously impressive and disapointing?), and Blue Jays (can't exactly say why: losing the first game to them? '93 playoffs?).

And of course, you know who --- and you know why.

RockRiversoxfan
07-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Baseball
1. Yankees- I hate them. epsn covers every little thing they do. We have to hear why there struggling insted of hearing why teams like the rays are doing good.
2. Twins-they always find a way to win. they have stolen a lot of division titles from the sox.
Football
1. Giants-I hate all ny teams.
2. Packers
NBA Basketball-
1. Knicks
Every team based in ny.

Law11
07-09-2008, 02:13 PM
:notwinks

Smokey Burg
07-09-2008, 02:30 PM
1. St. Louis Cardinals. I attended Univ. Mo-Rolla in the early to mid '80s. Before they picked up Bruce Sutter they were drunken, doped up bottom feeders drawing 4000 - 5000 fans in that dump stadium. About half way through 1982 season they really picked steam, now they were division leading drunken coke heads filling the stadium. St. Louis news media went ga-ga about being the center of the baseball universe, Whitey Herzog was the best manager ever, Augie Busch was the best owner, baseball was invented in St. Louis by Whitey Herzog, etc, etc. Very annoying, self pandering hogwash.

2. Yankees. Too many potential good childhood memories were destroyed by the phrase "and there's another Mickey Mantle home run".

3. Royals. Normally bottom feeders, but always play the Sox tough. Stay down and die.

4. A's. Even when they have lousy teams they still manage to stick it to the Sox. Hate them especially for the early '70s, Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue, etc.

5. Any team that has green uniforms. Goes back to the A's and in football the Packers. Add in high school teams that wear green that I played against like Providence in New Lenox, Walther Lutheran in Melrose Park, and Geneseo.

kevin57
07-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Twins, with the BoSox in a close second.

The fans and the stadiums are the two biggest reasons.

I have nightmares about that Twinkie ball park. What a blasphemy!

Madscout
07-09-2008, 10:26 PM
1. Yankees. They are destroying baseball with the payrolls that the shell out, taking advantage of teams that can only shell out 40 mil a year for payroll. Just general sore losers that think they are the most "storied" franchise in baseball. More like they have a history that is just littered with circumstance that goes in their favor, or they cook the books for. Espn centers on them as well.

2. Twins. Cheap wins. My time as a sox fan has been littered with to many good teams that finished second to these *******s, who proceeded to choke in the playoffs, thus making the sox nothing for a lot of people.

3. Cubs. I hate their fans. I hate their attitude. I hate their bull**** that isn't backed up by winning. At least the yankees have wins to back up their 1st ranked treatment in the city. The cubs have none of that, just beer, blondes, and ivy with a side of falling concrete.

4. Red Sox. ESPN centered, over valued team that feels like they are some how underdogs with the second highest payroll in the major leagues.

DrGiggles
07-28-2008, 05:46 PM
I would say the Cubs just because of their bandwagon fans. I get stupid texts from the girls at work everytime the Cubs win and the Sox lose. The TRUE Cubs fans at my work are polite and understand the meaning of baseball. If they lose they take blame, if the Sox are doing good they give props to the team. After the Cubs won last night after going 3-7 the last 10 games and getting tying for the lead, a bandwagon fan at work text me and said "Go Cubbies. Maybe the Sox will win next time. HAHA." It just annoys me. They know nothing about the team or game. If there were no bandwagon fans for the Cubs (obviously never going to happen) I would like the team a lot more.

Rockman218
07-29-2008, 12:39 AM
I want to start off by saying that this is an excellent thread. Now, on with my list.

Cubs) I hate everything about the Cubs. What can I say that hasn't been posted already.

Red Sox and Yankees) For **** sake, there ARE more than two baseball teams in the world.

Royals) They make the rest of the division look bad. Please switch with the Brewers.

Twins) I just hate the way they play. What the hell is small ball? But seriously though, they need to stop meddling in our affairs, and get a real ball park.

Packers, Lions, and Vikings) They're just a bunch of jerks!

Patriots) They feel the need to build their own museum, when all their history just happened within the last five years. Seriously, what have they done before 2002? Tom Brady is a total douche.

Cowboys) They wear white jersey's at home. It's like, how pretentious can you be?

Colts) I've lived in South Bend for six years now, and just finished High School. We live closer to Chicago, but practically everybody I went to High School with LOVES the Colts because that's the hip thing to do. I wanted to move so bad after they won the Super Bowl.

Now that I'm going to college, I'm finally going to move... To Muncie, IN!!! Deep in the heart of Colts country!!! Noooooooooooo!!!!!:whiner:

MCHSoxFan
07-30-2008, 10:44 AM

Yep. I HATE that team. I also hate the Cubs, Twins, the 2006+ Tigers, and the Angels.

Pear-Zin-Ski
07-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Cardinals: Most of their players REALLY get under my skin...plus if you've ever been to St. Louis...there isn't much to be proud about....

Angels: Yet again...a lot of players who get under my skin...cannot stand K-Rod....

Yankees: My god...talk about a team of friggin attention getters...Jeter and A-Rod...I dont get it...why is everyone in love with these guys...cannot stand the team at all and not to mention...how aggrevated I get when I see someone on the EL with a Yankees hat!!!!:angry::angry::angry:

Twins: Its more so a "how the **** do they do this" kind of hate...like an irritating hate...like when you see gas prices go up again...you know there is nothing you can do...whatever...way too hard to explain...I just wish for once that we could come out on top....

The Dude
07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Twins. Indians. Cubs. Red Sox. Yankees. A's.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes! You basically hit every one on the head. :gulp:

But above all, I hate the Red Sox more than anything.

MeteorsSox4367
07-30-2008, 12:55 PM
MLB:

1. Yankees: Never liked 'em. Never will.

2. Red Sox: Used to like 'em. Now that they've been anointed by ESPN as one of the greatest things ever in the world, I hope they lose every game except when they play the Yankees and any game that has a bearing on the AL Central race.

3. Twins: Just because of the whole Sox-Twins rivalry.

One team I used to hate when I was a kid was the Dodgers. But I actually don't mind 'em now. Maybe it's because of the Extra Innings package. Coming home late after work and watching a Dodgers game with Vin Scully doing PBP is awesome.

Scully is a mind-cleanser after listening to DJ do PBP in the middle innings of Sox games.

NFL:

1. Cowboys: I actually might dislike them more than the Yankees.

2. Raiders: Never liked 'em. Never will.

NBA:

Don't care enough to dislike anyone.

NHL:

1. Red Wings: Great players, just dislike 'em because of the Hawks-Wings rivalry.

Other than Detroit, I'm too much of a hockey geek to dislike anyone else.

MLS:

I enjoy soccer, so I really can't dislike anyone.

monica73174
07-30-2008, 01:55 PM
This is my first thread here and it really caught my eye. Plus I went to the Brewers/Cubs game last night and this thread lets me vent.

My list is as follows.
1. The Cubs... The fans are just bad they are elitists and obnoxious, they always come to the Cell dressed in cubs stuff to cause trouble, their stadium is just nasty it smells like a urinal.
2. The Red Sox… Their fans are just off the charts. Most of them following the team around are not even from Boston. Plus their players look nasty.
3. The Twins, they just annoy me. Plus Im sick of Ozzie falling all over himself over them.
4. The Yankees.. Their fans are awful

all*star quentin
07-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Detroit Tigers

Ivan Rodriquez(sp) :angry:

October26
07-30-2008, 02:27 PM
This is my first thread here and it really caught my eye. Plus I went to the Brewers/Cubs game last night and this thread lets me vent.

My list is as follows.
1. The Cubs... The fans are just bad they are elitists and obnoxious, they always come to the Cell dressed in cubs stuff to cause trouble, their stadium is just nasty it smells like a urinal.
2. The Red Sox… Their fans are just off the charts. Most of them following the team around are not even from Boston. Plus their players look nasty.
3. The Twins, they just annoy me. Plus Im sick of Ozzie falling all over himself over them.

:welcome: Hello and Welcome. Good first post. You and I have the same list. :smile:

What is your favorite MLB team?

Soxman219
07-30-2008, 04:33 PM

My list is as follows.

:welcome: Pretty much hate all the same teams you do. Especially about the Cub fans coming to the Cell.

monica73174
07-30-2008, 07:25 PM
:welcome: Hello and Welcome. Good first post. You and I have the same list. :smile:

What is your favorite MLB team?

My favorite team is the White Sox of course. :D: I am also a season ticket holder so I see lots and lots of games. I went to the Brewers game to support them and was just disgusted with the Cubs fans behavior. The Sox are away so the Brewers were a good alternative to a long road trip.

viagracat
07-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Same here, I have nothing against the Cubs players or the Tribune Company, I just dislike the fans more than anything.

I agree with this. I'll also say that I like Wrigley Field. Some of the best times I've ever had at a ballpark were at Wrigley, with the best being the day in 2006 I cheered on the White Sox in a Crosstown Classic game there with thousands of other Sox fans, in a box seat right over the Sox dugout to boot. We all had fun, Sox and Cub fans side-by-side and there was no trouble. That's hard to beat. Oh, and the Sox won the game :smile:

I don't even mind the true cradle Cub fans that know the game and have really stuck with the team through all the bad times; they tend to respect my similar feelings about the White Sox. I do, however, detest the frat boys, tourists, yuppies, yuppie wannabes and Johnny-come-latelys that tend to infect Wrigley, although I try not to let them bother me anymore. My main focus is on the White Sox.

Count the Red Sox, Yankees, Notre Dame and the Vikings as teams I truly dislike.

viagracat
07-30-2008, 07:41 PM
CUBS: "Let's all cheer for a totally overexposed mediocre team because the media tells us to!!!"

BTW: those who persist on referring to this team as the "Cubbies" should receive a mandatory 40 lashes with a wet noodle.

Wet noodle my ass. Cane 'em like they used to do in Singapore. The "Cubbie" crap has driven me nuts for over 40 years.

gaelhound
07-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Southern Cal. Corrupt. O.J. Simpson The many times they have cheated to beat Notre Dame. See recent Retchie Boosh helping the runner No Call.
I don't Hate the Cubs because of their fans, I hate the Cubs AND their fans! Why cheat myself out of hating them both.
I always cheer, once my team is out of the running, for the "midwestern" representative. I can be counted among the number that hates East coast, West coast, Southern, South western, Gulf coast, and North West teams.
The longer I live in Wisconsin, the less use I have for the Packers and their fans.