PDA

View Full Version : ESPN announcers dishing out horse crap

Huisj
05-08-2002, 03:35 PM
I don't know who these guys are doing the cubs-cards game on espn this afternoon, but they were just talking about how the sox and cubs combined have lost so many playoff series' in a row, and how the baseball fans of chicago have suffered so much . . . then he said something like "it would just be great if one of the chicago teams could win a world series, especially this cubs team, because it's . . . well, chicago's really a cubs town " Maybe that's not an exact quote, but close enough. what an idiot.

moochpuppy
05-08-2002, 03:39 PM
It's not Suttcliffe, is it?

cheeses_h_rice
05-08-2002, 03:48 PM
It is a Cubs town these days, unfortunately. I think it wouldn't be as glaringly obvious if Sham-MEweren't there, but he is.

Until Soso retires (or declines in performance), or by some miracle the Flubbies decide that Wrigley needs to be put out to pasture, the Sox will not own this town unless they advance to the World Series, at least.

Winning the World Series would seriously tip the scales in favor of the Sox. Success begets success....

Foulke You
05-08-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
It is a Cubs town these days, unfortunately. I think it wouldn't be as glaringly obvious if Sham-MEweren't there, but he is.

Until Soso retires (or declines in performance), or by some miracle the Flubbies decide that Wrigley needs to be put out to pasture, the Sox will not own this town unless they advance to the World Series, at least.

Winning the World Series would seriously tip the scales in favor of the Sox. Success begets success....

I agree. Although, just making it to a World Series would probably tip the scales towards the Sox. Heck even a White Sox/Yankees ALCS could get the city fired up. If there is one thing that Chicago does unitedly and that is hate NY with a passion. A Chicago/NY playoff matchup for the AL pennant could get the fence sitters on board. World Series is a concept so foreign to Chicagoans that I think the town would embrace the White Sox should they advance that far.

Cheryl
05-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Anyone look at the letters to the editor section of the Cubune today? I don't know if that is available in the online edition, but in the print edition there's two or three letters bashing the Cubs. They read like they were written by long time, die hard Cub fans who are sick of what passes for baseball on the Northside these days.