PDA

View Full Version : Anyone making the trip to Texas?

John Barrett
07-05-2008, 12:50 PM
am flying down to Texas to see the Sox first time in Arlington any tips?

:gulp:

Frater Perdurabo
07-05-2008, 01:42 PM
am flying down to Texas to see the Sox first time in Arlington any tips?

:gulp:

Don't sit in left field! That's where the sun shines and it's really, really hot!

waldo_the_wolf
07-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Frater, I might be going to the Sox vs Rangers game on Sunday the 13th afternoon. Obviously, it'll probably be hotter than blazes. Any suggestion as to what section would be the most comfortable?

Frater Perdurabo
07-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Frater, I might be going to the Sox vs Rangers game on Sunday the 13th afternoon. Obviously, it'll probably be hotter than blazes. Any suggestion as to what section would be the most comfortable?

I'd try to sit in right field, lower deck. That's on the south side of the stadium, but it's under the cover of the RF upper deck. The only thing you will not be able to see is the large scoreboard; it's mounted on top of the roof over the RF upper deck.

Sox Supporter
07-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Be prepared for some of the hottest weather you will ever experience. 100+ during the day, mid 90's at night. Allow plenty of drive time. And if you are looking for something to do during the day, I'd recommend the JFK Assassination Museum in Dallas.

ilsox7
07-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Be prepared for some of the hottest weather you will ever experience. 100+ during the day, mid 90's at night. Allow plenty of drive time. And if you are looking for something to do during the day, I'd recommend the JFK Assassination Museum in Dallas.

Yea. It SUCKS there in July/August. I remember playing in a national tournament there 10-12 years ago and we'd sweat off 5-10 pounds of fluid a day. Insanity.

angiew
07-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Hubby and I have tickets for the July 11th Friday night game at Arlington. Got my tickets on Stub Hub, 7 rows up directly behind home plate! I just checked and the guy actually has 4 more available. Anyway, I'm soooo excited as this is the only time I get to see The Sox play. Just curious if any others are going to make the trip.:cool:

angiew
07-07-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm gonna be there on the 11th!! We live in Southern Oklahoma and make the trip down to watch The Sox when they head to Arlington once a year. The stadium is actually pretty nice, but parking can be hell! We stay at a nearby hotel that has a shuttle....that way we don't have to worry about too much Texas 6point beer and driving:redneck Also, it's close to 6 flags which is a blast too if you're looking to kill some time.

Edited to say Thank You to the mod who combined my posts! Sorry, I had an excited fan moment and posted before looking to see if anyone else had. Thanks again, and sorry for the trouble.

rowand33
07-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I live in Texas and I'll be at the game on saturday for sure, possibly more.

Frater Perdurabo
07-08-2008, 07:51 AM
I am so pissed that I'll be out of town for a conference the one time the Sox come here.

It seems like the Sox either come here during the first week of fall classes, or when I'm out of town.

I wish for once the Sox would make a weekend trip to Texas in April, when the weather is nice.

WikdChiSoxFan
07-08-2008, 08:58 AM
I'll be there, all three games. Let's bring home some Dubbya's.