PDA

View Full Version : Last week before the All-Star break - can the Sox build a bigger lead?

aryzner
07-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Just trying to strike up a conversation here.

The Sox go to Kansas City for 3 and then go play the Rangers for 3 before the All-Star break comes up. One would like to think (and hope) that the Sox can take both of these series if not sweep one or both. 4 wins of the remaining 6 games would be very nice.

The Twins go play the Red Sox for 3 games in Boston, where they rarely lose, then go to Detroit for 4 games. I'm hoping for Boston to continue their winning ways and take at least 2 of 3. I'd love to see a split in Detroit but with that team, who knows.

Thoughts on any of this? I just want to see if the Sox can build up a little bit more of a lead before we go play the Twins in Minnesota for 4 games (ugh...) at the end of the month.

kingpin_rcs
07-07-2008, 09:22 AM
That is the way I would draw it up. As much as I hate to see the Red Sox win, I will be rooting for them this week.

The Sox should not take KC lightly. They play well at home and the Sox have not played well on the road lately.

Texas can also be tough if the Sox pitching is not on their game.

I believe that the Sox will win at least as many if not 1 or 2 more than the Twins this week and therefore be in 1st at the break.

palehozenychicty
07-07-2008, 09:27 AM
I'd take a 4-2 record.

Kansas City has been playing more inspired ball after running through the NL.

Texas does hit the ball well. A lineup of Kinsler, Young, Hamilton, and (maybe) Bradley is nothing to sniff at, and the Sox don't usually play well in Arlington.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Agreed. As much as I loathe the Red Sawx, we need them to beat the living snot out of the Twins. KC AND Texas should not be taken lightly, but I think 4 of 6 could give us a nice 3.5 game lead by the ASB.

I truly hope that the fire the Twins have caught does burn them with their road schedule and them petering out a bit after the ASB. Have to wait and see.

Lukin13
07-07-2008, 10:00 AM
The way the MLB season has shook out thusfar, any team should be happy with a split on any road trip.