PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Burke--Pitcher

sox1970
07-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Mariners have Jamie Burke...yes THAT Jamie Burke...pitching in the 15th inning against Detroit.

Solid.

gobears1987
07-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Damn you Kenny for trading away young talented pitching.

sox1970
07-06-2008, 07:25 PM
And Jamie Burke is now 0-1.

SoxGirl4Life
07-06-2008, 08:46 PM
And the Tigers could only score one run on Jamie Burke?

DumpJerry
07-06-2008, 08:52 PM
He knew Torii wasn't in the game, so he wasn't too worried.

Huisj
07-06-2008, 08:54 PM
And the Tigers could only score one run on Jamie Burke?

And on only 1 hit too. Leadoff double, wild pitch, sac fly, and then a ground out and flyout.

Irishsox1
07-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Too bad it wasn't against the Angels. Torii still deserves one in the head.

twentywontowin
07-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Too bad it wasn't against the Angels. Torii still deserves one in the head.

You know how awesome that would have been to see Jamie Burke come out to pitch against the Angels, and then throw the first one right at Hunter's face?

He would be my hero for life. Well, him and Dock Ellis.

lloyder
07-07-2008, 03:04 PM
You know how awesome that would have been to see Jamie Burke come out to pitch against the Angels, and then throw the first one right at Hunter's face?

He would be my hero for life. Well, him and Dock Ellis.

I'm gonna predict that people are gonna bash your comment, but before that happens, I'd like to offer up that I too think it would be awesome. :D:

DeuceUnit
07-07-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm gonna predict that people are gonna bash your comment, but before that happens, I'd like to offer up that I too think it would be awesome. :D:

Both of us were at that game. I'm gonna go with that being awesome as well!

gobears1987
07-07-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm gonna predict that people are gonna bash your comment, but before that happens, I'd like to offer up that I too think it would be awesome. :D:I was at that game so I'll agree with you. Torii needs to be nailed by Burke for that one.

UofCSoxFan
07-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm suprised no one, short of Baseball Tonight, is talking about what a disgrace this was for Riggleman to do...how it pretty much disrespecting the game and how if it comes down to Detroit and us or Detroit and Minny at the end by 1 game how it would be a travesty (Det may have still won but they may not have).

Seattle had another pitcher in their pen who was overworked but available. They also have their AAA afiliate a few hours away and should have made a roster move before the game if they were that decimated.

Oblong
07-07-2008, 10:48 PM
The Knuckleballer was there too.

At the same time the run probably only scores because he threw a wild pitch to get Holliman to 3B so he could score on a fly ball. And with them having to face Todd Jones in the bottom of the inning..... ahem.

goofymsfan
07-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm suprised no one, short of Baseball Tonight, is talking about what a disgrace this was for Riggleman to do...how it pretty much disrespecting the game and how if it comes down to Detroit and us or Detroit and Minny at the end by 1 game how it would be a travesty (Det may have still won but they may not have).

Seattle had another pitcher in their pen who was overworked but available. They also have their AAA afiliate a few hours away and should have made a roster move before the game if they were that decimated.

While they were just a few hours away in Portland, the Rainier's bullpen is equally decimated because of injuries to their starting rotation. The only reason the run scored was because of a wild pitch that allowed the runner to advance to third.

peeonwrigley
07-07-2008, 10:53 PM

Eh, if its the 9th or 10th maybe there's a gripe. But it was the 15th inning and Seattle is in a stretch of 17 straight games w/ no off day.

These things will even out over the season. The Sox have faced their share of turd relievers this season in extra inning games.