PDA

View Full Version : WEEI-Boston playing this in honor of Flubs

Fenway
07-06-2008, 04:05 PM
WEEI Boston is bemused by the fact thet SEVEN Flubs made the All-Star roster.

Nutty Mike Adams has been playing this in their honor. I had never heard it before..... should be played on the road at every Flubs game

http://cdbaby.com/mp3lofi/bohnhoff3-02.m3u

JermaineDye05
07-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Congratulations to the Cubs. 5 of them really deserve it, Soriano and Fukudome made it simply because of name recognition.

Madscout
07-06-2008, 06:30 PM
I don't like it. That's a good song, and shouldn't be butchered by any Cubs crap.

Fenway
07-06-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't like it. That's a good song, and shouldn't be butchered by any Cubs crap.

Just remember the White Sox were able to use the real version :)

it is destiny

Cubs win Game 3 at The Trop to go up 3-0 Rays come back in the 9th the next 4 games...... Lou suffers spontaneous combustion

Vernam
07-06-2008, 07:41 PM
it is destiny

Cubs win Game 3 at The Trop to go up 3-0 Rays come back in the 9th the next 4 games...... Lou suffers spontaneous combustion:tsk: Just 'cause your team isn't capable of beating the Rays doesn't mean the rest of us have to concede the AL Pennant to them!

But if the Flubs make the Series and we don't, I could live with your scenario. :redneck

Vernam

chaerulez
07-06-2008, 07:45 PM
If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Because Pedoria over Kinsler, Manny over Quentin aren't exactly deserving. Not to mention Varitek being on the team despite a 73 OPS+ instead of AJ who has a 106 OPS+. And Ortiz being voted in is about as legit as Fukudome. I'm not saying Pedoria and Manny don't deserve it, but they should be reserves. Ortiz and Vartiek shouldn't be on the team at all. But nice to see Boston fans have something to whine about. I don't see White Sox fans making a big deal out of the exclusion of Danks, Jenks, Floyd, Linebrink, Dye outright on the team, and AJP.

Fenway
07-06-2008, 08:01 PM
:tsk: Just 'cause your team isn't capable of beating the Rays doesn't mean the rest of us have to concede the AL Pennant to them!

But if the Flubs make the Series and we don't, I could live with your scenario. :redneck

Vernam

The scary thing is the Rays seems to be getting better by the week.

I agree that Boston has way too many players on the roster but as long as you have internet voting Boston will always have inflated totals.

The Rays having only one selected is a joke.

cards press box
07-06-2008, 08:08 PM
WEEI Boston is bemused by the fact thet SEVEN Flubs made the All-Star roster.

Nutty Mike Adams has been playing this in their honor. I had never heard it before..... should be played on the road at every Flubs game

http://cdbaby.com/mp3lofi/bohnhoff3-02.m3u

Just one question: how can the White Sox, playing in the league with the DH, lead the major league in pitching and not have one single, solitary pitcher make the American League all star roster? Has anyone asked Terry Francona that?

The scary thing is the Rays seems to be getting better by the week.

I agree that Boston has way too many players on the roster but as long as you have internet voting Boston will always have inflated totals.

Who was the Ray?

Zisk77
07-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Dionar Navarre

asindc
07-06-2008, 09:02 PM
If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Because Pedoria over Kinsler, Manny over Quentin aren't exactly deserving. Not to mention Varitek being on the team despite a 73 OPS+ instead of AJ who has a 106 OPS+. And Ortiz being voted in is about as legit as Fukudome. I'm not saying Pedoria and Manny don't deserve it, but they should be reserves. Ortiz and Vartiek shouldn't be on the team at all. But nice to see Boston fans have something to whine about. I don't see White Sox fans making a big deal out of the exclusion of Danks, Jenks, Floyd, Linebrink, Dye outright on the team, and AJP.

Just what I was thinking, especially about Pedroia.

soxfanreggie
07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

gf2020
07-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Dioner Navarro and Scott Kazmir are one person now?

PaleHoser
07-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I'd like to thank Clint Hurdle and MLB for choosing seven Flubs for the NL All-Star team. That clinches home field for my beloved Pale Hose for the 2008 Fall Classic!

Great song. Now for my Cub fan imitation...:whiner:

areilly
07-06-2008, 10:38 PM
And Ortiz being voted in is about as legit as Fukudome.

Even less, actually. Fukudome is at least justifiable, but Ortiz was struggling mightily even before hitting the DL.

Fenway
07-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Dioner Navarro and Scott Kazmir are one person now?

I keep forgetting Kazmir isn't a Met. That is why the former Mets GM is stuck in Bristol, CT

BTW don't blame Francona for the selections his hands are tied by the last remaining AL employee the PR woman Phyllis M (cant spell her last name)

FedEx227
07-06-2008, 11:54 PM
If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Because Pedoria over Kinsler, Manny over Quentin aren't exactly deserving. Not to mention Varitek being on the team despite a 73 OPS+ instead of AJ who has a 106 OPS+. And Ortiz being voted in is about as legit as Fukudome. I'm not saying Pedoria and Manny don't deserve it, but they should be reserves. Ortiz and Vartiek shouldn't be on the team at all. But nice to see Boston fans have something to whine about.

They have to cling onto their "somebody wronged us" "we're the underdog" mentality. It's all they've got.

But that really is pathetic in one breath to mention it being stupid the Cubs have 7 players when you have 2 absolutely undeserving players on the roster and another 2 that should in no way be starters.