PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch The Big Hurt on "Hit and Run?"

Frontman
07-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Sounds like Frank has grown up. I even smiled when he said, "No doubt about it" when asked if would be a White Sox hat he would wear into the Hall of Fame.

I *almost* would start the "be nice to see him retire as a member of the White Sox" save for the fact that next year we'll already have a number of older, slower players. (Odds are that Thome will hang it up this season, moving PK or Dye into the daily DH position.)

He sounded like he's got a great spirit now, and "will always consider Chicago home."

hose
07-06-2008, 01:11 PM
I was listening and Frank is the best.

Sox hat at the HoF
Sox retire his #
Statue in the park
Face on the outfield wall

It's all good.

pierzynski07
07-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Sounds like Frank has grown up. I even smiled when he said, "No doubt about it" when asked if would be a White Sox hat he would wear into the Hall of Fame.

I *almost* would start the "be nice to see him retire as a member of the White Sox" save for the fact that next year we'll already have a number of older, slower players. (Odds are that Thome will hang it up this season, moving PK or Dye into the daily DH position.)

He sounded like he's got a great spirit now, and "will always consider Chicago home."
A one-day contract will take care of that, whenever he decides to hang em up.

Juice16
07-06-2008, 01:13 PM
I don't think one has a choice anymore in what hat they get to wear in Hall. I'm happy to hear Frank wants to wear a Sox but I think he'll have to wear a Sox hat when he goes.

Frontman
07-06-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't think one has a choice anymore in what hat they get to wear in Hall. I'm happy to hear Frank wants to wear a Sox but I think he'll have to wear a Sox hat when he goes.

I should of included that. I think George Offman worded it as "If you had a choice, would you be wearing....."

October26
07-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Wonderful interview with Frank Thomas this morning. It was great to hear from the Big Hurt. Best of luck to Frank as he recovers from his quad injury. I look forward to the day that he is elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame wearing a White Sox cap. :D:

chisoxfanatic
07-06-2008, 06:19 PM
A one-day contract will take care of that, whenever he decides to hang em up.
How awesome would it be for Frank to, in that one-day contract, hit a pinch-hit home run? :D:

I will DEFINITELY have to be at the ceremony when his number is retired. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't be able to hold back the tears. He is one of the main reasons why I'm a Sox fan.

Frontman
07-06-2008, 07:01 PM
How awesome would it be for Frank to, in that one-day contract, hit a pinch-hit home run? :D:

I will DEFINITELY have to be at the ceremony when his number is retired. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't be able to hold back the tears. He is one of the main reasons why I'm a Sox fan.

Could you see if he doesn't get signed somewhere next season, the Sox giving him that one day contract for the last home game? That would be incredible.

chisoxfanatic
07-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Could you see if he doesn't get signed somewhere next season, the Sox giving him that one day contract for the last home game? That would be incredible.
That would be unreal! They could have him DH and have his number retirement ceremony following the game. Frank deserves something that special.

Lip Man 1
07-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Frontman:

There was a big story on this in the Tribune yesterday. I posted the link to it in another thread here at WSI.

Lip

Brian26
07-06-2008, 08:01 PM

That would be unreal! They could have him DH and have his number retirement ceremony following the game. Frank deserves something that special.

I thought the players' association put a stop to things like this back in the early 90s.

Frontman
07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
I thought the players' association put a stop to things like this back in the early 90s.

Wait, they can stop these one-day signings; yet steroids and bats made of kindling escape their notice?

And I thought the Postal Union was bad.

Frontman
07-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Frontman:

There was a big story on this in the Tribune yesterday. I posted the link to it in another thread here at WSI.

Lip

I didn't see the article; I just was really impressed with him on the radio. That's sayin' something, considering how I really didn't like the guy for a good number of years.

Lip Man 1
07-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Front:

Here's the link to the Thomas story:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,4491843.story (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080705-frank-thomas-white-sox-ozzie-guillen,1,4491843.story)

Lip

DumpJerry
07-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Setting aside the obstacles to such a contract, why would he be a pinch hitter on his only day with the club? He'd be in the Three Hole without a doubt.

Nellie_Fox
07-07-2008, 02:01 AM
I don't think one has a choice anymore in what hat they get to wear in Hall. I'm happy to hear Frank wants to wear a Sox but I think he'll have to wear a Sox hat when he goes.The player's preference is still considered, but the HOF reserves the right to choose. If Frank says Sox, they'd go along with that without a doubt, as his best years were with the Sox.

Frontman
07-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Front:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,4491843.story (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080705-frank-thomas-white-sox-ozzie-guillen,1,4491843.story)

Lip

Thanks Lip, I'll read it when I get back from work.

BringBackBlkJack
07-07-2008, 10:31 AM

Lip

Excellent read. I noticed the article didn't mention KW but that's probably a good thing. I hope Big Frank has smoothed things over with KW as well and that 35 gets rightfully retired.