PDA

View Full Version : Playing 'Go-Go White Sox' After Wins

thomas35forever
07-06-2008, 12:19 AM
I've noticed that our fight song is being played at Comiskey after victories there since the start of this homestand. Could we be stealing this bit from the Cubs, who play "Go Cubs Go" after every home win?:scratch:

chisoxfanatic
07-06-2008, 12:50 AM
The Sox NEVER steal things from the Cubs. OTOH, the Cubs have stolen things from our Sox.

doublem23
07-06-2008, 12:56 AM
They never should have changed from Sweet Home Chicago.

RadioheadRocks
07-06-2008, 12:57 AM
I've noticed that our fight song is being played at Comiskey after victories there since the start of this homestand. Could we be stealing this bit from the Cubs, who play "Go Cubs Go" after every home win?:scratch:

Does it even matter?

jabrch
07-06-2008, 02:47 AM
The Sox NEVER steal things from the Cubs. OTOH, the Cubs have stolen things from our Sox.

The weeds on our walls in CF say otherwise.

jabrch
07-06-2008, 02:47 AM

I TOTALLY agree with you on this one Dubs...

kittle42
07-06-2008, 03:10 AM
Yes, and who cares?

IlliniSox4Life
07-06-2008, 03:35 AM
I'd rather hear Sweet Home Chicago. Save Go Go White Sox for during the game when it is close and we are threatening.

DrCrawdad
07-06-2008, 06:11 AM
The weeds on our walls in CF say otherwise.

Les Grobstein, is this you?

The Cubbies have weeds on the outfield walls. The Sox do not. The Sox do however have weeds on the CF batterseye. The Cubbies do not.

Frontman
07-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Actually, I like it. Go-Go White Sox is something the Sox can claim as its own. "Sweet Home, Chicago" is for the whole city.

SoxFan78
07-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Actually, I like it. Go-Go White Sox is something the Sox can claim as its own. "Sweet Home, Chicago" is for the whole city.

I agree, I used to like "Sweet Home, Chicago", but when I hear "Go Go White Sox" after a victory I feel like it belongs to us.

And anything is better then what they used to play. "Have a nice day" from Bon Jovi.

skobabe8
07-06-2008, 08:11 AM

Agreed. Im emailing BB right now.

cws05champ
07-06-2008, 09:33 AM

The Cubbies have weeds on the outfield walls. The Sox do not. The Sox do however have weeds on the CF batterseye. The Cubbies do not.

However the cubs did steal the batters eye restarant area from the Sox.

getonbckthr
07-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Beginning of the season it wasn't "Sweet Home CHicago" it was "Good To Be Us" by Bucky Covington.

ilsox7
07-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Beginning of the season it wasn't "Sweet Home CHicago" it was "Good To Be Us" by Bucky Covington.

It had been Sweet Home Chicago for a long, long time though.

FielderJones
07-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Somebody must be watching these boards, because last night after Let's Go Go Go White Sox they did play Sweet Home Chicago.

doublem23
07-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Somebody must be watching these boards, because after Let's Go Go Go White Sox they did play Sweet Home Chicago.

That's good... Living down here I don't get to many Sox games right now, but I had heard that they stopped playing Sweet Home Chicago after wins.

Oh well, at least we don't play Jump as the team takes the field. :cool:

hi im skot
07-06-2008, 10:40 AM
They played both "Go Go White Sox" and "Sweet Home Chicago" after last night's game.

Big whoop.

Cuck the Fubs
07-06-2008, 10:54 AM
They played both "Go Go White Sox" and "Sweet Home Chicago" after last night's game.

Big whoop.

I personally love the GO GO White Sox tune following wins, sweet home Chicago and or Thunderstruck make fine followups to the song.

Hell for that matter why not play all 3????

All I care about is we win the damn games!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-06-2008, 11:33 AM
The Sox need to be more selective playing Captain Stubby or they'll wear it out same as the Lovable Losers playing that dirge-like "fight song" by Steve Goodman.

Here are my suggestions:

Opposing pitcher rocked and replaced mid-inning: Na Na Na, Hey Good-bye!
Late-inning RBI to break tie or extend Sox lead (including game-ending scoring plays): Captain Stubby polka fight song!
Last out of all other Sox victories: Sweet Home Chicago!That ought to do it.
:cool:

LITTLE NELL
07-06-2008, 11:49 AM
''Go Go White Sox'' should be played right after ''Take Me Out To the Ballgame'' and after every win. It won't get old, "Bear Down Chicago Bears' is still going strong.

whitesox901
07-06-2008, 11:54 AM
as long as they win, I dont care what they play

jabrch
07-06-2008, 11:55 AM

That's splitting hairs Crawdad....

Frontman
07-06-2008, 11:57 AM
''Go Go White Sox'' should be played right after ''Take Me Out To the Ballgame'' and after every win. It won't get old, "Bear Down Chicago Bears' is still going strong.

Heck, I STILL get goosebumps when "Bear Down" plays after a Bears touchdown, and I've been a fan of the Bears all my life.

A fight song is a rallying cry for not just the players but the fans. Say what you will, the concept of the home field will always have a factor; and "Go Go White Sox" is now a factor to the Sox fans when good things happen for the team.

I just wished I could of been in the ballpark that first time they broke that back out in 2005. When I read about it, it was the first time all season that I went, "You know, they just might be able to do it."

gregoriop
07-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Isn't Let's Go, Go-Go White Soxolder than what the Cubs use? Didn't we bring ours back before they did? We are not the thieves, they are.

Dan Mega
07-06-2008, 12:07 PM
That's splitting hairs Crawdad....

Last time I checked, there wasn't anything growing on the padding in CF.

Cuck the Fubs
07-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Isn't Let's Go, Go-Go White Soxolder than what the Cubs use? Didn't we bring ours back before they did? We are not the thieves, they are.

You sir are correct on all accounts.

jabrch
07-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Last time I checked, there wasn't anything growing on the padding in CF.

Yes - it is totally different. Ours is 10 yards further back.

Cuck the Fubs
07-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Yes - it is totally different. Ours is 10 yards further back.

Is there something better you could have come up with to cover that hitters eye with. The Ivy covering looks far superior to the painted eyesore it was dont' you think?

For god sake, the Chicago Cubs did not invent Ivy or the concept of using it for wall covering.

Some of the people here are quite amazing:rolleyes:

Malgar 12
07-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Is there something better you could have come up with to cover that hitters eye with. The Ivy covering looks far superior to the painted eyesore it was dont' you think?

For god sake, the Chicago Cubs did not invent Ivy or the concept of using it for wall covering.

Some of the people here are quite amazing:rolleyes:

Correct. Nor were they the first to use it to cover outfield walls.

hsnterprize
07-06-2008, 12:59 PM
The Sox need to be more selective playing Captain Stubby or they'll wear it out same as the Lovable Losers playing that dirge-like "fight song" by Steve Goodman.

Here are my suggestions:

Opposing pitcher rocked and replaced mid-inning: Na Na Na, Hey Good-bye!
Late-inning RBI to break tie or extend Sox lead (including game-ending scoring plays): Captain Stubby polka fight song!
Last out of all other Sox victories: Sweet Home Chicago!That ought to do it.
:cool:Or...how about playing the "Captain Stubby" polka song after "Take Me Out To The Ball Game"? That would be a good 7th inning stretch song in my opinion.

Dan Mega
07-06-2008, 01:02 PM
I always thought that BA's song should be Yakety Sax

october23sp
07-06-2008, 02:40 PM
the legion field here has ivy on the fence. They did not do that because of the cubs.

chisoxmike
07-06-2008, 04:33 PM

Doublem speaks the truth.

I'm really tired of the teen angst music they play at Sox Park.

Frontman
07-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Doublem speaks the truth.

I'm really tired of the teen angst music they play at Sox Park.

"A View to a Kill" and "Harvester of Sorrow" is teen angst music? :scratch:

chisoxfanatic
07-06-2008, 05:40 PM
They should find a way to incorporate "South Side Irish" into the game experience as well. Perhaps they could play that after the 7th inning stretch, which is the longest break in action. I like that song almost as much as "Go Go White Sox."

MCHSoxFan
07-06-2008, 05:52 PM
It had been Sweet Home Chicago for a long, long time though.

It STILL is. they play Go Go White Sox THEN Sweet Home Chicago. In 2006, it was Have A Nice Day. When we lose, :whiner:, it is Chicago, My Kind of Town.

southsideirish71
07-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Maybe its some US Cellular beers speaking after victories, but I could of sworn that Bon Jovi's "have a nice day" was played like crazy after wins in the 06 season.

thomas35forever
07-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Maybe its some US Cellular beers speaking after victories, but I could of sworn that Bon Jovi's "have a nice day" was played like crazy after wins in the 06 season.
It was. I still have it on my White Sox playlist though. I still think of the team when I hear it.

soxsidesoxfan
07-07-2008, 12:58 AM
love what they play. At first, I could not get into Thunderstruck but after seeing all the fans motivating and moving to it, I really like it.
I also enjoy the old standby Na Ma Na Na Hey Hey Hey by Steam and the 1950's style Go-Go White Sox. I have a great CD that I play in the car on the way to games that includes all of those plus John Fogerty "Center Field." Journey "Don't Stop Believin'" (from the 2005) and several others to get the troops into the mood for Sox baseball.

As I am getting a bit long on the tooth, I also should say that I love our own Nancy Faust. Here is a pic I recently took of her at the Park.
http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nancyfaustatsoxparkjunegx3.jpgIhttp://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nancyfaustatsoxparkjunegx3.jpgI

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1953552
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/%5BURL=http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nancyfaustatsoxparkjunegx3.jpg%5D%5BI MG%5Dhttp://img370.imageshack.us/img370/2726/nancyfaustatsoxparkjunegx3.th.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D