PDA

View Full Version : Edmonds Said No To Sox

Lip Man 1
07-05-2008, 12:09 PM
There were rumors if memory serves, about some interest in Jim Edmonds by the Sox. Apparently it was more then a rumor.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/1040768,CST-SPT-cubnt05.article

Lip

soltrain21
07-05-2008, 12:13 PM
It seems that he moreso said no to having an hour to decide about what he was going to do with his family.

Lip Man 1
07-05-2008, 12:28 PM
That's true although if the story is accurate he immediately said yes to San Diego the very next day.

Lip

SoxGirl4Life
07-05-2008, 01:03 PM
That's true although if the story is accurate he immediately said yes to San Diego the very next day.

Lip

I also think he wanted to be on the West Coast. And San Diego fits that criteria.

TDog
07-05-2008, 01:12 PM

Lip

San Diego may be the best place to live in the country.

tstrike2000
07-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Even though he's been hot on the north side in June, it's not much of a loss to me. Great player in his prime, but he's pretty much well past that.

MCHSoxFan
07-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Even though he's been hot on the north side in June, it's not much of a loss to me. Great player in his prime, but he's pretty much well past that.

Yeah.

Lip Man 1
07-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Tstrike:

Not saying he would have been an improvement or not. Just remembering that at the time here at WSI, some were posting that they were hearing rumors that Kenny was trying to get him.

This confirms those suspicions.

Personally I don't think the Sox need another 'all or nothing', some home runs, low batting average player in the lineup or on the team. They have far too many of those as it is.

Lip

Bobby Thigpen
07-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Sox get Edmonds and I don't think Alexei's on this club.

I'll take Alexei.

doublem23
07-05-2008, 03:24 PM
San Diego could also probably guarantee he'd be a near lock to start in CF, whereas the Sox (depending on the timeline) could either only offer some competition or almost no chance to make the 25-man roster.

TDog
07-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Sox get Edmonds and I don't think Alexei's on this club.

I'll take Alexei.

And can you imagine the grief around here if Edmonds had gotten off to the slow start he experienced in San Diego?

Frater Perdurabo
07-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Personally I don't think the Sox need another 'all or nothing', some home runs, low batting average player in the lineup or on the team. They have far too many of those as it is.

Hey, Lip, I agree with you. Who among the "all or nothing" hitters would you try to trade first?

Tragg
07-05-2008, 05:38 PM
And can you imagine the grief around here if Edmonds had gotten off to the slow start he experienced in San Diego?

Except that we would have traded him for Uribe, so the angst should have been limited.
I don't think we'd have given legit talent for Edmonds.

FedEx227
07-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Thank god, we don't need his all or nothing swing or his "web-gem"/let me play 3 steps behind second base defense.

peelwonder
07-05-2008, 09:49 PM
San Diego may be the best place to live in the country.

Ummm.....Okay....

I've been to California many times and my parents lived and Perris and I always said that San Diego was the best place to live in CALIFORNIA...

but not the U.S.....

Not by a longshot...

Lip Man 1
07-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Frater:

In a "perfect" White Sox centered world, Uribe is the first to go. Then as nice a gentleman as he is, Thome.

They are replaced by two guys who can run, steal bases and handle a bat. (I'm assuming that Fields, A.J., Dye, Konerko and Swisher will be more then adequate from a power standpoint in 2009.)

Lip

WhiteSox5187
07-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Frater:

In a "perfect" White Sox centered world, Uribe is the first to go. Then as nice a gentleman as he is, Thome.

They are replaced by two guys who can run, steal bases and handle a bat. (I'm assuming that Fields, A.J., Dye, Konerko and Swisher will be more then adequate from a power standpoint in 2009.)

Lip
I'm thinking Thome retires at the end of the season and that Uribe is traded at the deadline.