PDA

View Full Version : A Look Ahead

Lip Man 1
07-05-2008, 11:50 AM
From ESPN.com. Sox info is the final few paragraphs:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=keri/080704&sportCat=mlb&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

Lip

kingpin_rcs
07-05-2008, 11:57 AM
I would like to agree with the Twins comment but the truth is they worry me a bit. We have seen this happen too many times to assume they will just fade.

kevingrt
07-05-2008, 12:33 PM
I would like to agree with the Twins comment but the truth is they worry me a bit. We have seen this happen too many times to assume they will just fade.

Very true. History seems to repeat itself often.

ondafarm
07-05-2008, 01:47 PM
The Twins may make a last run with the dome, but I don't think they have near enough horses to threaten the Sox, unless the Sox fall apart.

MCHSoxFan
07-05-2008, 02:28 PM
The Twins may make a last run with the dome, but I don't think they have near enough horses to threaten the Sox, unless the Sox fall apart.

I totally agree.

Lip Man 1
07-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Onda:

It depends on their starting pitching. The offense has been consistent and can score in numerous ways and the bullpen is very good.

The question will be how the starters respond to the pressure of a stretch run.

So far they have done well, come August? We'll see.

Lip

TDog
07-05-2008, 04:40 PM

They worry you because since 2001, they have always been there. Not in 2005, of course. And this year they don't have Santana. They haven't had an effective Radke in awhile. That Blackburn shut out the Tigers for seven innings says more about the Tigers offense (which leads the league in shutouts) than it does Blackburn. The Sox have handled Blackburn well.