PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Cream?

manders_01
07-03-2008, 11:47 PM
What is with all the shaving cream in the face these days? Not just for the Sox either. It happening after just about every Rockies win too. Are any other teams doing this on a regular basis? Why is this all of the sudden popular? And why doesn't someone choose a different product to rub in someone's face - shaving cream stings in the eyes and tastes like ****! :scratch:

whitesox901
07-04-2008, 12:00 AM
its just all in good fun

Railsplitter
07-04-2008, 07:52 AM
I taped a Spring Training special Chicago's Channel 7 did on the Sox in 1986. There was a segment on the "Booter", back-up catcher Marc Hill who liked to put shaving cream in shoes, caps, and gloves. Julio Cruz said "He even put some in my jock!"

Madvora
07-04-2008, 08:23 AM
And why doesn't someone choose a different product to rub in someone's face - shaving cream stings in the eyes and tastes like ****! :scratch:
Because it resembles the old pie in the face gag. That's really the only thing in the locker room that you can smash in someone's face.

ilsox7
07-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I taped a Spring Training special Chicago's Channel 7 did on the Sox in 1986. There was a segment on the "Booter", back-up catcher Marc Hill who liked to put shaving cream in shoes, caps, and gloves. Julio Cruz said "He even put some in my jock!"

Yep. These shaving cream pies are an age old tradition in baseball (or resemblance thereof).

TornLabrum
07-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Yep. These shaving cream pies are an age old tradition in baseball (or resemblance thereof).

I think the tradition goes back to Soupy Sales.

manders_01
07-04-2008, 11:12 AM
I guess I didn't phrase my question correctly, I'm just asking what's with the huge resurgence? Even as early as last season, I did not see guys doing this after what seems to be every win.

Even DJ commented last night that it seems like it's happening after every game and that if someone didn't get a "pie" in the face they might wonder why their teammates don't like them. :D:

slavko
07-06-2008, 09:06 AM
This one's an "old" tradition all right. It's gotten "old" faster than the "Whazzup" guys got "old." I wish it would go somewhere and not come back.

ilsox7
07-06-2008, 09:40 AM
This one's an "old" tradition all right. It's gotten "old" faster than the "Whazzup" guys got "old." I wish it would go somewhere and not come back.

Why? The players certainly are having fun with it and that's really all that should matter.

manders_01
07-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Why? The players certainly are having fun with it and that's really all that should matter.

Yeah, the players doing it are having fun. But I've seen a lot of the players who are getting it done to them not so happy.

Cuck the Fubs
07-06-2008, 12:53 PM
I guess I didn't phrase my question correctly, I'm just asking what's with the huge resurgence? Even as early as last season, I did not see guys doing this after what seems to be every win.

Even DJ commented last night that it seems like it's happening after every game and that if someone didn't get a "pie" in the face they might wonder why their teammates don't like them. :D:

The blame more than likely lies in the form of a two word answer this season:

NICK SWISHER! :redneck

pearso66
07-06-2008, 01:33 PM
The blame more than likely lies in the form of a two word answer this season:

NICK SWISHER! :redneck

It seems like Toby Hall is the culprit this year. When he hit his first home run, he kept looking around for someone to pie him because he was the one doing it to everyone else. I am glad they are having a lot of fun this year it seems like.

daveeym
07-07-2008, 08:21 AM
It seems like Toby Hall is the culprit this year. When he hit his first home run, he kept looking around for someone to pie him because he was the one doing it to everyone else. I am glad they are having a lot of fun this year it seems like.
When in doubt blame a catcher, they're *******s that way. Most catchers are 8 year olds in a bigger than a normal man's body. It can be a pretty annoying combination.

ilsox7
07-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Yeah, the players doing it are having fun. But I've seen a lot of the players who are getting it done to them not so happy.

I haven't seen a player on the Sox not happy yet. All of them just wanted revenge. And they are getting it.

skottyj242
07-07-2008, 08:46 AM

Could have been the most interesting interview I have seen in awhile.

doublem23
07-07-2008, 08:51 AM
When in doubt blame a catcher, they're *******s that way. Most catchers are 8 year olds in a bigger than a normal man's body. It can be a pretty annoying combination.

:o:

Did a catcher run off with your wife?

btrain929
07-07-2008, 09:07 AM
What is with all the shaving cream in the face these days? Not just for the Sox either. It happening after just about every Rockies win too. Are any other teams doing this on a regular basis? Why is this all of the sudden popular? And why doesn't someone choose a different product to rub in someone's face - shaving cream stings in the eyes and tastes like ****! :scratch:

It'd be that much better to get it if it was whipped cream, mmmmmm.

manders_01
07-07-2008, 09:44 AM
I haven't seen a player on the Sox not happy yet. All of them just wanted revenge. And they are getting it.

I can distinctly remember Paulie getting during an interview and not being happy about it.

daveeym
07-07-2008, 10:29 AM
:o:

Did a catcher run off with your wife?
Nothing malicious meant by that. Most catchers would probably agree with the description. Just like lefties are a bit odd. Oh, and catchers are just filthy filthy people as well. Catchers are the most likely suspects to piss on you in the shower, spit tobacco juice on your shoes and pant leg in the dugout, punch you for two for flinching, or looking at the circle on them, or pulling the what's that on your shirt and jacking you in the jaw.