PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "Meh, we'll get 'em on the 4th" 7/3/08 Postgame Thread

october23sp
07-03-2008, 10:30 PM
We had a good winning streak going and we need to start it back up again tommorow!

Viva Medias B's
07-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Can't win 'em all. Javy wasn't all that bad tonight; we just could not score tonight, and our car stalled tonight on Huston Street.

Jurr
07-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Soft tossers win again. Nothing new here.

Frater Perdurabo
This team just can't score runs without Paul Konerko.

Madvora
EVERYBODY looked like pure **** against Street.

peeonwrigley
We should be able to hit them better the rest of the weekend.

MarySwiss
07-03-2008, 10:34 PM
:rolleyes:

Madscout
A lot of people look like pure **** against Street. And Duscherer for that matter.

ilsox7
Good ballgame tonight. Start a new winning streak tomorrow.

Jurr
You figure someone would've leaned out and poked at one.

Pear-Zin-Ski
Only pluses are the bullpen gets a nice rest...and Javy looked pretty damn good....

Other than that we had quite a few good chances to get at least on more run the whole night...Dur-whatever-ster didn't look invincible yet we just could not get a key hit....

Go get them tomorrow night guys...hoping for a series split....

Rockabilly
07-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Lets win the next 3

GO Sox

kevingrt
We should be able to hit them better the rest of the weekend.

I agree. Javy pitched well and was a hard luck loser. Come back and get them tomorrow Sox. No losing streaks please.

Cuck the Fubs

:scratch::?::scratch::?:

PeteWard
07-03-2008, 10:36 PM
They will win 2 of the next 3. No worries. Just some good pitching on both sides and Javy gave up one more long ball. End of story.

Jurr
07-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Only pluses are the bullpen gets a nice rest...and Javy looked pretty damn good....

Other than that we had quite a few good chances to get at least on more run the whole night...Dur-whatever-ster didn't look invincible yet we just could not get a key hit....

Go get them tomorrow night guys...hoping for a series split....
I hope we split. I don't care if the Sox had a 300 mil payroll and three consecutive WS banners hanging, Oakland will always mystify them.

sox1970
07-03-2008, 10:37 PM
13-19 against the AL east/west.

PeteWard
A lot of people look like pure **** against Street. And Duscherer for that matter.

He has the lowest ERA of any starter in the league so no shame there.

southsideirish71
You figure someone would've leaned out and poked at one.

Alexei at least moved towards the plate. The rest of our right handed hitters, parked far away from the plate and seemed surprised that Street who sets up on the 1st side of the rubber painted the outside corner. They couldnt reach that slider if they tried. Move a bit towards the plate. It cant hurt

ilsox7
13-19 against the AL east/west.

First place.

chidonez
07-03-2008, 10:38 PM
We just got beat tonight. Fortunately, there is tomorrow. 3 out of 4 coming up.

cheezheadsoxfan
At least Javy (except for HRs) looked a lot better than he has in a while. I'll be at the game tomorrow, so let's kick their butts tomorrow.

hawkjt
None of these games will be easy with the A's pitching...maybe blanton vs MB is our best matchup...but Smith and harden are tough on us.

This was just like a snoozefest after the last couple of days...maybe a letdown of sorts from the tension packed games of the last week.

Frater Perdurabo
Meh.

The Sox just finished off two three-game sweeps and winning eight of nine.

Now they are eight of ten.

Let's make it nine of eleven tomorrow night, OK?

JB98
07-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Tough loss. Javy pitched good, but Duchscherer and Street were better.

Boondock Saint
07-03-2008, 10:47 PM
*sigh*

We had Duchscherer against the ropes, man. Scoring 2 runs then calling it a night doesn't win ballgames. Javy pitched a hell of a game, and deserves a W for that effort.

Dub25
07-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Can't win them all. I'm really proud of the guys the last 3 nights. Lee, Sabathia, and Duecherer... took 2 out of 3 in this little stretch. I'll take it.

gobears1987
07-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Soft tossers win again. Nothing new here.
Except for the fact that every team loses to this soft tosser. His ERA is below 2.

PatK
07-03-2008, 10:51 PM

When did Duscherer become a starter?

The last year I played fantasy baseball (I stopped because I couldn't bear to take guys that I didn't want to do well because of what they'd do could be detrimental to the Sox), I had him as a relief pitcher and he racked up major league points for me.

Is this year his first as a starter?

thomas35forever
07-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Truth is we got outpitched, plain and simple. There was not much we could've done about Street in the end. As Hawk and DJ said, he has a knack for making hitters look foolish. Just mark this down as a game we were supposed to lose. I'm not disappointed by the effort tonight.

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2008, 11:04 PM
We would've won this game if BA were playing.

Get 'em tomorrow, guys!!! Blanton's struggling, so we gotta take advantage at every opportunity.

october23sp
07-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Maybe I'm just thinking negatively but during this Twins stretch of consistant wins they seem to be kicking the crap out of teams while we need to walk off the last place team on consecutive nights. We need at least two good bashings of opposing teams before the all-star break.

gobears1987
07-03-2008, 11:06 PM
When did Duscherer become a starter?

The last year I played fantasy baseball (I stopped because I couldn't bear to take guys that I didn't want to do well because of what they'd do could be detrimental to the Sox), I had him as a relief pitcher and he racked up major league points for me.

Is this year his first as a starter?
Yep and he's dominating everyone as a starter. His ERA was 1.92 entering today. Cliff Lee and Danks have the 2nd and 3rd best ERAs at 2.2something and 2.50

sox1970
07-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Maybe I'm just thinking negatively but during this Twins stretch of consistant wins they seem to be kicking the crap out of teams while we need to walk off the last place team on consecutive nights. We need at least two good bashings of opposing teams before the all-star break.

The Sox just won 2 of 3 from the AL wins leader, the AL strikeout leader and reigning Cy Young winner, and the AL ERA leader.

We're fine.

Boondock Saint
07-03-2008, 11:07 PM

You gotta have some perspective. That last place team that we had to go to extras with had CC Sabathia and Cliff Lee as their starting pitcher, and they both pitched very well.

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2008, 11:07 PM
The Twins also haven't been facing quality pitching like we have.

sox1970
07-03-2008, 11:08 PM

Duchscherer would have struck him out a minimum of 3 times. Wise hit a homer.

october23sp
07-03-2008, 11:09 PM

Get 'em tomorrow, guys!!! Blanton's struggling, so we gotta take advantage at every opportunity.

BA= Terrible

Frontman
07-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Meh. Javy pitched a very solid game, the Sox did get hits; its one of the 60 you just don't win.

Time to start a new run tomorrow.

whitesoxwin
07-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Tough loss. Javy pitched good, but Duchscherer and Street were better.
No, the Sox did not execute when they had a chance. Tough loss for Javy...Nine inninings..tough loss is only way you can put it.

Viva Medias B's
07-03-2008, 11:13 PM

Okay, and if you believe that, I can score you a great deal on Kansas oceanfront property. I'm not ripping BA, but I don't think he would have singlehandedly overcome Oakland's pitching tonight.

JB98
07-03-2008, 11:13 PM
No, the Sox did not execute when they had a chance. Tough loss for Javy...Nine inninings..tough loss is only way you can put it.

No, the A's pitchers did their jobs and got a little fortunate. The lineout by Swisher in the fourth was a really tough break for the Sox.

Boondock Saint
07-03-2008, 11:14 PM
BA= Terrible

Really? Do you have anything positive to add? Ever?

JB98
07-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Duchscherer would have struck him out a minimum of 3 times. Wise hit a homer.

Yep. Duchscherer makes right-handed hitters far better than BA look foolish.

If Ozzie plays BA instead of Wise, we probably lose 3-1 instead of 3-2.

Railsplitter
07-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Too many bullets to dodge.

october23sp
07-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Really? Do you have anything positive to add? Ever?

Yeah sorry...I do seem quite negative on these boards. But I reall love the way Swisher has been playing and how many clutch hits we have had lately. But I've never really liked Brian Anderson since he started back in '06. But maybe thats because I miss Rowand.:whiner:

thomas35forever
07-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah sorry...I do seem quite negative on these boards. But I reall love the way Swisher has been playing and how many clutch hits we have had lately. But I've never really liked Brian Anderson since he started back in '06. But maybe thats because I miss Rowand.:whiner:
Aw man, not another one.

ilsox7
07-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Aw man, not another one.

Well, he DID invent water.

thomas35forever
07-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Rowand did? No, I'm pretty sure the Legend did.

Frontman
07-03-2008, 11:28 PM

http://www.filmsite.org/filmfotos/moonstruck2.jpg
"SNAP OUT OF IT!"

:D:

Sorry, I had to.

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2008, 11:33 PM
You're thinking of Scott Podsednik. Rowand was the one who PARTED the water. :cool:

october23sp
07-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Ha ha. As you can tell by my post number, I am new here and I just love the vibe of the Sox fans here. I am glad i found this site to talk about the white sox and see other people's opinions on them.

Frontman
07-03-2008, 11:38 PM
You're thinking of Scott Podsednik. Rowand was the one who PARTED the water. :cool:

NO, no, no. Scotty Pods didn't part the waters. Scott was so fast he RAN ON the water; like the Flash.

Kenny is the one who can part the water. Ozzie just swears at it until it moves.

Lip Man 1
07-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Can't win them all but man oh man it's hard to think Javy could have pitched much better then he did tonight.

I was hoping for a split this series... after all it's Oakland, a team that simply has the Sox number no matter who is on that team. I'm still hoping for a split but it's not going to be easy now.

This was another winnable game and they just couldn't get it done against a soft tosser.

Lip

voodoochile
07-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Can't win them all but man oh man it's hard to think Javy could have pitched much better then he did tonight.

I was hoping for a split this series... after all it's Oakland, a team that simply has the Sox number no matter who is on that team. I'm still hoping for a split but it's not going to be easy now.

This was another winnable game and they just couldn't get it done against a soft tosser.

Lip

A soft tosser who leads the AL in opponents batting average. He's holding teams below the Mendoza line on the season, Lip.

Javy did look better. Much more aggressive he really went after guys unfortunately when you do that, you throw a lot of fast balls and sometimes guys catch up to them and put them in the seats. A's did twice. What you gonna do...

Boondock Saint
07-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Javy did look better. Much more aggressive he really went after guys unfortunately when you do that, you throw a lot of fast balls and sometimes guys catch up to them and put them in the seats. A's did twice. What you gonna do...

I agree. I really like how aggressive Javy was tonight, instead of nibbling at the corners after getting to 2 strikes. The first few innings, Javy was just SICK. But still, Javy doesn't deserve a no decision tonight for making just 3 mistakes. The offense has got to keep on the pedal after getting ahead.

peeonwrigley
07-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Aw man, not another one.

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t154/Skanberg/?action=view&current=PH8-5-17.jpg (http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t154/Skanberg/?action=view&current=PH8-5-17.jpg)

CHISOXFAN13
07-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Enough of the soft tossing BS!

It's not like this was some nobody who showed up and beat the Sox like we've seen before.

Tip your cap to the opponent and move onto tomorrow.

slavko
07-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Alexei at least moved towards the plate. The rest of our right handed hitters, parked far away from the plate and seemed surprised that Street who sets up on the 1st side of the rubber painted the outside corner. They couldnt reach that slider if they tried. Move a bit towards the plate. It cant hurt

Good catch. Quentin was swinging at pitches and missing them a foot off the end of his bat. The scouts have done their job on him.

ilsox7
07-04-2008, 12:02 AM
It's funny how Duchscherer is a soft tosser to some around here, yet to those same folks Mark is an ace.

kevingrt
07-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Ha ha. As you can tell by my post number, I am new here and I just love the vibe of the Sox fans here. I am glad i found this site to talk about the white sox and see other people's opinions on them.

Just don't say you want Aaron Rowand back. I'm pretty sure it's a lifetime ban.

FedEx227
07-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Just don't say you want Aaron Rowand back. I'm pretty sure it's a lifetime ban.

And if it's not it probably should be. :D:

We lost, big whoop. He's an elite AL pitcher this year. He's not a soft-tosser, he's just a damn good pitcher.

Lip Man 1
07-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Chisox 13:

Point taken. I concede.... just don't expect me to back down the next time a Greg Smith or Kevin Gabbard - type does it.

Yes, as stated, Javy couldn't pitch much better then he did tonight. Ozzie said he was tired of him nibbling the corners and he went right after guys. It's hard to take the loss though when a stiff hitting all of .188 beats you (but that's Oakland vs. the Sox for you.)

Here's the odd stat of the night.

The Sox have four complete games this season by their starting pitchers...and have lost them all.

Ilsox:

Mark is an "ace" (your words) because he's got a long, long track record of winning a lot of games for a lot of years.

Lip

JB98
07-04-2008, 12:43 AM
It's funny how Duchscherer is a soft tosser to some around here, yet to those same folks Mark is an ace.

Duchscherer can get a breaking ball over in any count. Further, he changes speeds on his breaking ball. As long as that is the case, he's going to be stingy. We just have to give him credit tonight.

The Sox played fine, I thought. They just got beat.

hawkjt
07-04-2008, 02:50 AM
If Swishers line drive gets down the line they probably win the game but the bounces have been going their way for a week so I guess they were due. Just a shame that javy had to lose the game and drop to 7-7 on the year. I think he has pitched more like 9-5.

We need MB to come out and dazzle them again tomorrow.

chisoxfanatic
07-04-2008, 03:17 AM
We need MB to come out and dazzle them again tomorrow.
I think we'll be fine even with a decent Mark Buehrle tomorrow night. Joe Blanton's been struggling a lot lately. He's been hit pretty hard in five of his last six outings! This is the game I actually feel the most confident about in the whole series.

ilsox7
07-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Duchscherer can get a breaking ball over in any count. Further, he changes speeds on his breaking ball. As long as that is the case, he's going to be stingy. We just have to give him credit tonight.

The Sox played fine, I thought. They just got beat.

Yep. We actually hit him pretty hard. I just find it funny that some folks don't give the respect to Duchscherer that he deserves.

TomBradley72
07-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Point taken. I concede.... just don't expect me to back down the next time a Greg Smith or Kevin Gabbard - type does it.

Smith has the same ERA as Floyd (3.44), and threw a complete game 4 hitter vs. the Angels his last start...why wouldn't we think he's a decent pitcher? Its seems like when we get beaten by a young/unknown pitcher, all hell breaks loose around here. But if you keep tabs on him a little bit, it turns out the rest of the league had the same problem, and he's just a pretty good pitcher who beat us.

SoxGirl4Life
07-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Yep. We actually hit him pretty hard. I just find it funny that some folks don't give the respect to Duchscherer that he deserves.

Because the Sox always suck and the other team is never good.
Because the 7 game win streak was a fluke (as was the other 7 gamer and the 8 gamer) and this loss was the REAL Sox team.
Nothing new here.

jabrch
07-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Chisox 13:
just don't expect me to back down the next time a Greg Smith or Kevin Gabbard - type does it.

I don't catch Lip making too many mistakes...so I'll take the opportunity to nitpick... :D:

It's Kason Gabbard - unless his brother Kevin is pitching also...

soxpride724
07-04-2008, 11:47 AM
It would have been nice to keep the streak going, but you can't win all of them.

Oakland threw their best pitcher at us, the boys will be back tonight to take care of business.

jabrch
07-04-2008, 11:53 AM
The Twins also haven't been facing quality pitching like we have.

That evens out in the end... I'm not too worried about that.

Minny lost 2 of 3 in Oakland earlier this year and they see them for 3 in the dome in August and 4 more out west. I'm sure they will not go 162 games and avoid good pitching.

I will never write he Twins off until they are truly out of it - but if this comes down to us and them, I like our chances.

downstairs
07-04-2008, 11:58 AM
No complaints after that streak.... but damn I hate losing one-run games. hate. hate. hate!

Oh well... start a new streak.

BainesHOF
07-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Ranger struck again last night. He was completely dismissive of a caller who inquired about the status of Loaiza. What's with the arrogance?

jabrch
07-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Ranger struck again last night. He was completely dismissive of a caller who inquired about the status of Loaiza. What's with the arrogance?

I heard it also - and I assume there is a story there. Frankly, I don't understand why a caller would give a damn about Loaiza at this point, but I am sure Rongey had a reason to dump that caller the way he did.