PDA

View Full Version : last gasp...

harwar
08-03-2001, 09:01 AM
I guess the Sox are on their last legs.I mean if we can't even beat the lowly royals(this ain't the 1985 club)the season is over for us.It would be time to bring up all the young guys from the minors if almost all of them were not already here.The fact is we are running out of pitchers.A lot of these guys are no where close to being used to throwing all these innings so i'm not surprised at K.Wells problems.Moving them in and out of the bullpen is the right move for J.M.We are now on full alert next year mode so we have to be real carefull with these young guns as they are going to be leaned on heavily next year.I guess the only reason they don't bring Joe Crede up is that they are trying to shorten his swing up down there.I wonder what Jose Consecos' status will be,i mean who knows what Frank Thomas is going to be like next year.I hope Jose stays with the Sox and is at spring training because with an entire year off & with a major injurt Big Hurt may have a bad time of it.GO SOX!! in 2002!

voodoochile
08-03-2001, 09:46 AM
Indeed that time is coming... Not yet, but if they cannot put together another string of wins, then it will be sooner rather than later...

It's really too bad, because Cleveland is nothing special and Minnesota has its own share of problems... Weak ass division and here we sit in 3rd...

shane
08-03-2001, 10:53 AM
The royals are one of those pain in the butt teams. While they aren't that great, they are a team that has an uncanny talent for beating teams like the yankees. Currently, they aren't much different than the Sox. We've got better bats in the outfield, but as of late, they aren't doing anything so it really doesn't matter.