PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!!!

manders_01
07-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Michael Barrett just fouled a 95 mph fastball off his nose. :o: He was down for about a minute but is up now with a profusely bloody nose.

Viva Medias B's
07-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Michael Barrett just fouled a 95 mph fastball off his nose. :o: He was down for about a minute but is up now with a profusely bloody nose.

Somewhere, Carlos Zambrano is chuckling.

getonbckthr
07-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I hope someone asks what hurt more: Foul tip off the nose, getting run over by the "AJ Express" or a 2nd round KO by Zambrano?

DeadMoney
07-02-2008, 09:28 PM
I hope someone asks what hurt more: Foul tip off the nose, getting run over by the "AJ Express" or a 2nd round KO by Zambrano?

Or this?
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2006/05/20/nEeWhvIh.jpg

In all seriousness though ... that sucks!

getonbckthr
07-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Didn't Anderson knock out the Cubs LF'r during the brawl?

soltrain21
07-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Should I feel bad for a douchebag that has something bad happen to him?

Nah...

Scottiehaswheels
07-02-2008, 10:55 PM

Nah...Agreed. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :violin:

guillen4life13
07-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Karma's a bitch. This is the only guy in baseball that comes to mind that I don't mind this happening to. As long as it's not season, career, or life ending, 'cause no one deserves that.

Edit: Isn't the b-word supposed to be censored? I just wrote the word without doctoring it at all. ??

SoxNation05
07-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Didn't BA strain Phil Nevin's ribs.

Soxfanspcu11
07-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Didn't Anderson knock out the Cubs LF'r during the brawl?

BA sent Jon Mabry to the hospital with bruised ribs during that fight.

And as far as Barrett goes, as someone else in this thread stated, it could not have happened to a more deserving guy.

When he was still here, I got so sick and tired of hearing how great of a guy he was. If he was such a great guy, then why was he constantly a dickwad???:?: Doesn't really add up now does it???

"Yeah, I am an amazing person! I do so much for everyone! Well, you know, when I am not busy talking ****, punching people for no reason or infrurating My pitcher so much that he feels he has no other option but to stick Me in the face a few times! Other than that though, I am an OUTSTANDING person! Seriously! I am! Someone believe Me!" :rolleyes:

manders_01
07-02-2008, 11:55 PM

Nah...

Agreed. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :violin:

Certainly wasn't looking for sympathy for him. Douchebag is generous IMO. Regardless, the amount of pain that must have generated...

FWIW, he broke his nose. http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080702&content_id=3053800&vkey=news_sd&fext=.jsp&c_id=sd

milrtyme28
07-03-2008, 12:02 AM
If I remember correctly, wasn't it Barrett that took a wild pitch or foul ball right to his athletic supporter a couple of years back? He suffered a serious testicular injury in that one.

Tough luck to have that happen and then take a foul ball right in the nose.

hawkjt
07-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Its mean, but I admit I laughed out loud when I read the topic. yes, the man has been hurt a lot...but he does seem to stick his nose where it does not belong and it tends to cost him.

Nellie_Fox
07-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Isn't the b-word supposed to be censored? I just wrote the word without doctoring it at all. ??It was for a while, then the boss decided it was okay again. You're fine.

Soxfanspcu11
07-03-2008, 02:33 AM
If I remember correctly, wasn't it Barrett that took a wild pitch or foul ball right to his athletic supporter a couple of years back? He suffered a serious testicular injury in that one.

Tough luck to have that happen and then take a foul ball right in the nose.

Yes.

He had bleeding in his, how do I say this, "testicular sack" as a result.

I remember it quite well because I remember thinking how bad that must have felt and because IIRC, there was a rather lengthy thread about it here.

Either way, that's how Karma is supposed to work. If you are a complete *******, then things like that come back to you. John Lennon wrote of Instant Karma but in my mind, Karma can show up whenever it feels like it. Just as long as it does, for both good and bad.

Nellie_Fox
07-03-2008, 02:43 AM
Barrett's an ass, but believing in Karma is the same as believing in curses.

Soxfanspcu11
07-03-2008, 03:09 AM
Barrett's an ass, but believing in Karma is the same as believing in curses.

I respectfully disagree.

I don't believe in curses at all, however I am a pretty strong believer in Karma.

Call Me crazy if you must and maybe it is just simple coincidence, but I have seen and experienced so many things that have happened to either myself, my family and friends and even complete strangers that seem to be an EXACT result of Karma. I have a list in My head of the many different happenings and events and I would be glad to share it with you and anyone else who may be interested.

I am a HUGE fan of science and I look at everything in a Scientifc manner and I am a big supporter of the "Show Me" school. Meaning that I am incredibly skeptical of many different happenings. I really need for something to be proven, without any questions and/or doubts before I will even start to accept it as truth.

However, in many cases, I really don't know what the answer is!:?: It may sound incredibly silly but it's the truth!! Just based on everything that I have been witness to and experienced. I don't know what the reality is, but I do know that I have experienced some INCREDIBLE things where Karma seems like it is the ABSOLUTE, COMPLETE, and 100% without a doubt answer. Some of the stuff has literally kept me up without any sleep all night long, and stuck in my head, not going away and without a logical explaination.