PDA

View Full Version : Help from the hated Tigers

EnricoPallazzo
05-08-2002, 02:34 AM
:gulp: Here is how the much despised Tigers can help bring a pennant to us, the red headed step children of major league baseball. Give us the incredibly boring Steve Sparks and the obnoxious Bobby Higginson. In return, we give up Carlos Lee, Jeff Leifer, Aaron Rowand, and Danny Wright. They get young hitters and a young pitcher. We get the guy who led baseball in complete games last year, and the best defensive left fielder in the A.L. We also get bad Bobby's offensive skills and tenacious attitude. What do you think?

doublem23
05-08-2002, 02:37 AM
I really don't want Higginson... That, and I don't think he's a drastic improvment over Caballo, anyways.

RedPinStripes
05-08-2002, 02:46 AM
Higgy would be useless if the sox play it right anyway. If they sign lofton............... Maggs, lofton, and borchard will be out there. not too shabby.

Bmr31
05-08-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by EnricoPallazzo
:gulp: Here is how the much despised Tigers can help bring a pennant to us, the red headed step children of major league baseball. Give us the incredibly boring Steve Sparks and the obnoxious Bobby Higginson. In return, we give up Carlos Lee, Jeff Leifer, Aaron Rowand, and Danny Wright. They get young hitters and a young pitcher. We get the guy who led baseball in complete games last year, and the best defensive left fielder in the A.L. We also get bad Bobby's offensive skills and tenacious attitude. What do you think?

hmmm i dont think sparks would be bad but higgy isnt worth our time. I dont like this deal.

Kilroy
05-08-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
hmmm i dont think sparks would be bad but higgy isnt worth our time. I dont like this deal.

Agreed. Get Sparks, but keep Lee, and definitely don't trade Danny Wrong.

Tragg
05-08-2002, 09:01 AM
Huh! I'll pass, than you.

You don't trade those young players for a 1)aging fifth starter and 2)an overrated outfielder.
Geeze, that would be a horrible deal.

duke of dorwood
05-08-2002, 09:13 AM
Too much time tied up in the locker room Enrico. As presented, this is a bad deal.

WinningUgly!
05-08-2002, 10:06 AM

I wouldn't do this deal, but I'd take Higgy over Lee, if it were not for that fat contract. Sparks doesn't do a whole lot for me, I would rather go after Weaver. Carlos Lee, Jeff Leifer, Aaron Rowand, and Danny Wright=way too much for Higgy & Sparks...No soup for you!

MattSharp
05-08-2002, 10:25 AM
I think Higginson is much better than Lee, but I wouldn't trade those four for him and Sparks. You would be giving up our best defensive OF next to Lofton, and supposedly out two best hitters off the bench....

WinningUgly!
05-08-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp
You would be giving up our best defensive OF next to Lofton,
:caballo
"Thanks for the kind words Matt. I know you're talking about me."

Pete_SSAC
05-08-2002, 02:05 PM

Howabout NO, Scott.

I would love to get sparks, Higgy is worth NOTHING to us. We need another OF'er like we need another hole in the head. Also, if we do this trade, we loose a lot of our bench. WHo's our back up OF'er? And don't give up on Wright.

- Pete