PDA

View Full Version : Vote Ryan Braun to the NL All Star Team

Foulke You
07-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Ryan Braun has closed to within 30,000 votes of Fukudome for the final starting NL outfield spot and voting ends at 12AM tonight. Per my friend's request who is a diehard Brewer fan, I've been throwing a few extra votes his way trying to get Braun in. This isn't a Cub hate thing either, I really believe that Braun deserves the all star start far more than Fukudome does and he toils in obscurity for the Brewers and this would be a great chance for him to get some national recognition. Of course, at the same time, if Braun does get in and a less deserving Cubs player gets bounced out in the process, well that makes it even better.:tongue: Anyway, I encourage Sox fans to throw a few votes to Braun today if you get time.

Braun .278 avg 20HR 58RBI
Fukudome .292 avg 6HR 34RBI

KenBerryGrab
07-02-2008, 04:26 PM
I heartily concur.

Don't believe the hype! Vote Braun!

soxpride724
07-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Fukudome has 30,000 more votes than Braun? I don't see Braun playing unless Fukodome gets injured between now and then.

TDog
07-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Of course, you would expect Braun to be more dangerous than Fukudome in Yankee Stadium against very good American League pitching. If you want to vote for a better NL starting lineup with a better chance to win, you would probably vote for Braun.

But such considerations have little to do with why people vote for players to start the All-Star Game.

CubKilla
07-02-2008, 04:51 PM
As a Sox fan that wants the AL to win the All-Star game every year so the Sox have homefield advantage in the WS :smile:, I'd rather see an overhyped Fukudome start for the NL rather than a HR-hitting, RBI guy like Braun. Sorry.

I'd so like to vote for him though especially over a sCrUB.

Foulke You
07-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Of course, you would expect Braun to be more dangerous than Fukudome in Yankee Stadium against very good American League pitching. If you want to vote for a better NL starting lineup with a better chance to win, you would probably vote for Braun.

But such considerations have little to do with why people vote for players to start the All-Star Game.
I see your point but I vote for the players who are most deserving of being there. The All Star Game is an honor and fan voting sometimes makes it a farce. After the game starts though, rest assured, I will be rooting wholeheartedly for the AL.

btrain929
07-02-2008, 05:24 PM
100 votes deep here at work. Go Braun! (and Quentin is getting written-in on every one, as well) :)

VenturaFan23
07-02-2008, 05:34 PM
After seeing hundreds upon hundreds of Fukudome shirts worn by Cub fans over this past weekend, I think this guy is the best player ever to don the Cubbie blue, no? So why should I vote for Braun?

cws05champ
07-02-2008, 06:58 PM
As a Sox fan that wants the AL to win the All-Star game every year so the Sox have homefield advantage in the WS :smile:, I'd rather see an overhyped Fukudome start for the NL rather than a HR-hitting, RBI guy like Braun. Sorry.

I'd so like to vote for him though especially over a sCrUB.
Agreed...Braun is more deserving but I want the worst possible NL team out there so the AL wins. I know it's not in the spirit of the ASG thinking this way, but home field should not be on the line in a exhibition game anyways. So I blame Selig and MLB. Home field should be decided like every other sport, by best record of the two opponents.

doublem23
07-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Agreed...Braun is more deserving but I want the worst possible NL team out there so the AL wins. I know it's not in the spirit of the ASG thinking this way, but home field should not be on the line in a exhibition game anyways. So I blame Selig and MLB. Home field should be decided like every other sport, by best record of the two opponents.

Not too feasible in baseball, since the American and National Leagues don't really play each other much... It's not unlikely that the 2 teams that meet in the World Series would not have played against each other and only have 6 games against common opponents.

As long as they do interleague games, the league that wins the overall series should get home field in the World Series. Those games and there's a large enough sample size that it's usually pretty evident which league is stronger.

chaerulez
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Not too feasible in baseball, since the American and National Leagues don't really play each other much... It's not unlikely that the 2 teams that meet in the World Series would not have played against each other and only have 6 games against common opponents.

As long as they do interleague games, the league that wins the overall series should get home field in the World Series. Those games and there's a large enough sample size that it's usually pretty evident which league is stronger.

That idea would be too sensible for Bud and MLB.

getonbckthr
07-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I guess all-stars need not play defense.

SoxNation05
07-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Why is Fukudome in LF???

Sox-are-Champs
07-03-2008, 12:45 AM
I did my last hope for Bruan over fukudome whos is a very highly over rated player whos been okay at bats and nice defence but VERY OVER_RATED and no matter what AL is gonna win and our fav Team the White Sox will get there home field advantage.

TDog
07-03-2008, 01:19 AM
... Home field should be decided like every other sport, by best record of the two opponents.

Baseball should never do things because it's the way other sports do it. For that matter, Anyway, professional football has an especially arbitrary method of selecting homefield advantage for its championship.

Dan the Man
07-03-2008, 01:28 AM
All I know is that Fukudome looked foolish against the outside slider from lefthanders against the Sox.

Eddo144
07-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Baseball should never do things because it's the way other sports do it. For that matter, Anyway, professional football has an especially arbitrary method of selecting homefield advantage for its championship.
I think you meant to say "Baseball should never do things just because it's the way other sports do it." Not doing something simply because another sport does it is just as bad.

And professional football plays its championship at a neutral site (because of the one-and-done attribute of football), so there is no method of selecting homefield advantage.