PDA

View Full Version : Since we are going to talk about ROY and MVP! What about the CY Young

Rockabilly
07-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Right now my top choice is John Danks.

If he had any run support he would be right there with Cliff Lee in Wins.

My 2nd choice would be Scott Kazmir

Shoeless_Jim
07-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Right now my top choice is John Danks.

If he had any run support he would be right there with Cliff Lee in Wins.

true. last night is a great example.

BadBobbyJenks
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Voters want wins, Danks is not going to get enough.

Lee and Kazmir have to the front runners.

kittle42
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Voters want wins, Danks is not going to get enough.

Lee and Kazmir have to the front runners.

Yup. If the season ended today, Danks would not be a candidate.

Domeshot17
07-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Should Danks be there? yes

will be even be top 3? no 5? probably not

It isn't his fault, Ozzie loves to pull him in the 6th and the offense doesn't like him enough to score any runs. This happened to him last year too in the first half. He should have had like 8 wins last year at the break.

Rockabilly
07-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Hopefully we can get him some run support for the rest of the year

hi im skot
07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
It isn't his fault, Ozzie loves to pull him in the 6th and the offense doesn't like him enough to score any runs. This happened to him last year too in the first half. He should have had like 8 wins last year at the break.

Oh, boo hoo.

The only thing Danks should be complaining about is lack of run support.

balke
07-02-2008, 03:09 PM

This is not true. He'd be in the top 3-5 for Cy Young regardless of wins. Sox just need to get him some wins. 15 wins at season's end and a microscopic ERA on a winning team would have people talking.

Frater Perdurabo
07-02-2008, 03:29 PM
The only thing Danks should be complaining about is lack of run support.

He's probably telling his brother to "hurry up, get signed and get to the majors and score me some dang runs!"
:D:

kittle42
07-02-2008, 05:08 PM
It isn't his fault, Ozzie loves to pull him in the 6th

We complain when he pulls guys like Danks and complain when he sticks with guys like Contreras. We can't have it both ways.

thomas35forever
07-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Will Danks get votes? Yes, but not first-place ones. It's sad that voters tend to overlook ERA and look at records instead. I wish he had a better chance, but I'd have to give it to Cliff Lee at this point.

Frater Perdurabo
07-02-2008, 05:21 PM
We complain when he pulls guys like Danks and complain when he sticks with guys like Contreras. We can't have it both ways.

If Sox fans didn't complain, what would you have to complain about? :D:

Tragg
07-02-2008, 05:25 PM
I hear what you're saying, but that's not exactly having it both ways: one is Danks and one is Contreras.
They're babying Danks a bit it seems; it's okay, he's improving and Coop and Guillen handle pitchers pretty well.

jabrch
07-02-2008, 05:31 PM

Unfortunately - we do have it both way. I swear Sox fans stopped complaining for 20 minutes after we won the WS - and then started again.

oeo
07-02-2008, 05:48 PM

Danks is pulled early in the game all the time because he isn't being very efficient. Last night was the exception, but overall Danks has been throwing a lot of pitches.

And there's nothing wrong with keeping our young stud's arm strong. He should not be going out there and throwing 120 pitches a game...I don't care how well he's pitching.

oeo
07-02-2008, 05:50 PM
I hear what you're saying, but that's not exactly having it both ways: one is Danks and one is Contreras.
They're babying Danks a bit it seems; it's okay, he's improving and Coop and Guillen handle pitchers pretty well.

They should be babying him; he's 23 years old. There's no need to overwork him, especially when we saw him tire so early in the season last year.

Domeshot17
07-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Danks is pulled early in the game all the time because he isn't being very efficient. Last night was the exception, but overall Danks has been throwing a lot of pitches.

And there's nothing wrong with keeping our young stud's arm strong. He should not be going out there and throwing 120 pitches a game...I don't care how well he's pitching.

I agree I want him fresh, but theres some games I would let him go out for the 7th when he is under 90 pitches. The kid deserves to have some of his games protected and won.

scarsofthumper
07-03-2008, 12:53 AM
I agree with Cliff Lee

Madscout
07-03-2008, 12:55 PM

If I were Ozzie, and I remembered what happened to him last year when he put up the innings, I would want to save him for later in the year, and wouldn't give a **** about him winning the Cy Young award. He can worry about that when he is 26, not 23. We will need this guy down the stretch.

TheVulture
07-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Mark it down: Buehrle '08.