Fire Walk.

This team sucks.

They can't hit.

Fire Guillen.

Cut Thome.

Swisher was a waste of 2 future HOFers

Dye is washed up.

OC was a terrible move

Guillen and Williams are stupid for not sending Alexei to the minors first.

BA needs more ABs.

eriqjaffe
07-02-2008, 01:49 PM
OC .336
AJ .319
TCQ .265
Dye .330
Thome .284
Crede .278
Swish .311
Alexei .337
BA .220Quentin better step up.

hawkjt
07-02-2008, 01:50 PM
What the hell is wrong with Toby and BA? Don't they know that in June,Sox players hit around .300? Fire Walker.:D:

PorkChopExpress
07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Fire Walk.

This team sucks.

They can't hit.

Fire Guillen.

Cut Thome.

Swisher was a waste of 2 future HOFers

Dye is washed up.

OC was a terrible move

Guillen and Williams are stupid for not sending Alexei to the minors first.

BA needs more ABs.

:kneeslap:

doublem23
07-02-2008, 01:55 PM
I still would have fired Greg Walker. :dunno:

guillen4life13
07-02-2008, 02:00 PM

No need for the word "have" here. One month over the last two seasons is still not that good. If this keeps up I'll change my mind, but right now I'd still fire him.

jabrch
07-02-2008, 02:05 PM

I admire your persistance.

I'd propose to you that it was not Walker's fault they were struggling any more than it is to his credit that they tore up June. If you take 2007 out of the picture as a complete anomoly, Walker's teams have hit ok over the course of his time here. Not great - but OK.

The honus to hit is still on the hitters. I'd fire the guys who aren't hitting.

MisterB
07-02-2008, 02:25 PM

I'd propose to you that it was not Walker's fault they were struggling any more than it is to his credit that they tore up June. If you take 2007 out of the picture as a complete anomoly, Walker's teams have hit ok over the course of his time here. Not great - but OK.

http://www.baseball-cards-and-collectibles.com/images/SportsCollectables001_2___Medium___Small_.jpg

"That's onus, thank you."

jabrch
07-02-2008, 02:30 PM
http://www.baseball-cards-and-collectibles.com/images/SportsCollectables001_2___Medium___Small_.jpg

"That's onus, thank you."

HA HA HA!!!! thanks!

IlliniSox4Life
07-02-2008, 03:28 PM

So what exactly is it that Walker does anyway? Apparently he has no effect on how this team hits, and for that reason I would fire him because the man is getting paid to do nothing.

Frater Perdurabo
07-02-2008, 03:30 PM
HA HA HA!!!! thanks!

In fairness, what team couldn't use a Honus in its lineup? :redneck

jabrch
07-02-2008, 03:45 PM
So what exactly is it that Walker does anyway?

I don't see what he does every day - but all reports I have read indicate that he works with all these guys, every day, and is in the park early working BP with them. If he wasn't doing what was expected of him, he'd have been relieved of his duties a long time ago.

Apparently he has no effect on how this team hits, and for that reason I would fire him because the man is getting paid to do nothing.

Ah yes - fallacious logic...

Take an untrue premise, draw an untrue interpretation, and then use that to make a silly conclusion...

What's the job of a major league hitting coach? Does Dave Magadan make Manny Ramirez a great hitter? Does Gerald Perry make Derek Lee a great hitter? Nope Those guys work with their hitters, provide them input and feedback, and give them the tools. These are the same things that, by all reports, Walk does with our hitters.

And, if you look at the numbers, despite the handwringing, this is a pretty good offensive baseball team in many ways.

Who is this hitting coach you'd replace Walker with tomorrow who would make this a better hitting club? And what exactly would he do different than Walker?

soxfanatlanta
07-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Feasting on crappy NL pitching has no meaning until October.

voodoochile
07-02-2008, 04:04 PM

Pssst... we feasted on Minnesota too...

Frater Perdurabo
07-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Pssst... we feasted on Minnesota too...

Well, they're kind of like a pesky NL team... :D:

jabrch
07-02-2008, 05:33 PM

A win is a win...it means no more or less that it was the Cubs or any other NL team.