PDA

View Full Version : my predection for the rest of the season

Iguana775
08-03-2001, 08:44 AM
record wise, that is. i looked at the remaining schedule and i think we will go 32-24 to finish 84-78. they will come within 5 games of the WC but thats it.

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 08:48 AM
Do you predict that Manuel will get fired?

ma-gaga
08-03-2001, 09:02 AM
I don't know about Jerry's status, but i can see the Sox stringing together a nice winning streak, but falling short in the end.

They are just running out of games...

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 09:05 AM
I don't know about Jerry's status, but i can see the Sox stringing together a nice winning streak, but falling short in the end.

I know Manuel won't be fired, I was just asking Iggy if he thought they would fire him. As you can see by his signature he wants Jerry fired.

Joel Perez
08-03-2001, 09:28 AM
I feel that the White Sox made a mistake by doing nothing--then again, with some of their players on the DL, you're damn if you do....

If you have some assets in the farm system, then "let's make a deal".

Jose Canseco, for all good intentions, should not have been signed to this team. He's taking AB's away from Jeff Liefer, plus when Frank Thomas comes back next year, Liefer would probably be a part time player. Where does that leave Jose? I feel that the Sox could've done Jose a favor and sent him to an AL contender to bat.

Even if Liefer would've been moved, you would've still had Aaron Rowand part time at DH and OF, and Chris Singleton/Jose Valentin split the time at CF. Royce and Valentin would've split the SS chores; hell--Valentin could play 3B, SS and CF.

When everyone comes healthy in the offseason, then we may see some moves. Otherwise, it'll be a hell-bent August, IMO.

Iguana775
08-03-2001, 11:23 AM
i dont think KW has the balls to fire him.

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 11:31 AM
i dont think KW has the balls to fire him.

I think he does, but will cut him slack because of the injuries.