PDA

View Full Version : Swisher's defense

chisoxfanatic
06-30-2008, 09:29 PM
I know that Swisher's been looking more comfortable at the plate; but, I can't say enough for how impressed I've been with him since he's taken over for PK since he's been on the DL. Yes, 1st base is truly his "comfort zone." But, I really didn't expect him to look this good defensively. O-C and the Cuban Missle often get praise around here, and rightfully so; but, I think Swisher deserves a thread of his own to praise him for what he is doing defensively.

He is great at positioning himself so that he can catch those wicked liners hit near the first base line. He has an uncanny alertness to where the baserunners are and executes double plays (and getting those extra outs) well. His defensive effort has been something great to watch.

I'm glad that we have some of the deepest defense in the game.

Frater Perdurabo
06-30-2008, 09:39 PM
I agree.

And I think that a couple of the Crede overthrows have been due to the fact that Crede is accustomed to throwing to the home plate side of the first base, since Paulie wears his glove on his left hand.

hawkjt
06-30-2008, 10:54 PM
That play he and Gavin hooked up on was nothing short of spectacular. I agree that Swish is showing great quickness around the bag and good hands.
In the last 13 games...I believe most of them since PK left and he took over he has 6 homers and 21 rbis...and is hitting over .300...those are full-time first baseman type numbers .

LITTLE NELL
07-01-2008, 05:28 AM
It looks to me like Paulie will be the DH in 09.