PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Cabrera Injured in Tigers-Twins Game

Viva Medias B's
06-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Miguel Cabrera was removed from the game tonight and was seen limping in the dugout, per CBS Sports.com. It is not clear how Cabrera got injured.

scarsofthumper
06-30-2008, 08:50 PM
http://www.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080630&content_id=3036030&vkey=news_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

06-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Pretty minor

getonbckthr
06-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Pretty minor
When your in the position the Tigers are in no injury is minor.

anewman35
06-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Couldn't they have waited until AFTER their Twins series to get all these injuries?

Domeshot17
06-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Couldn't they have waited until AFTER their Twins series to get all these injuries?

why, would you rather the twins bury them and send them back to 7 back and then fight the twins, then have the tigers win, and all the sudden its a 3 team race?

Evman5
06-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Whatever happens with the Det-Min series doesn't matter...both teams are hot...As long as we take the next 2 against the Indians we are good.

thomas35forever
06-30-2008, 10:16 PM
The Tigers are blowing it right now.

Jurr
06-30-2008, 10:17 PM
More Minnesota Twin dink and dunk bull****.

Jurr
06-30-2008, 10:18 PM
I can't wait 'til Minny comes back here and gets their skulls cracked again.

thomas35forever
06-30-2008, 10:20 PM
:twinslose

Jurr
06-30-2008, 10:20 PM
No magic in Mauer's bat. I can go to bed happy now.

anewman35
06-30-2008, 10:31 PM
why, would you rather the twins bury them and send them back to 7 back and then fight the twins, then have the tigers win, and all the sudden its a 3 team race?

Well, I'd rather have at least a few game lead before I start worrying about the third place team. If we keep winning, the Tigers aren't going to gain any ground anyway.

anewman35
06-30-2008, 10:33 PM
I can't wait 'til Minny comes back here and gets their skulls cracked again.

Minnesota doesn't come back here. 7 more games against them, all in Minnesota.

whitesox901
07-01-2008, 01:07 AM
hmm, no Maggs. and maybe no Miggy-C for a bit? Cant hurt us more than it hurts them right

Mohoney
07-01-2008, 09:00 AM

I want the Twins to cool off with all due haste. I want them dead and buried by September (although August would work better for me).

I would much rather be in a position to have to win meaningful games at Comerica than have to win them in the Metrodome. Too many seasons have been ruined at that place over the years.

Frater Perdurabo
07-01-2008, 09:43 AM
I want the Twins to cool off with all due haste. I want them dead and buried by September (although August would work better for me).

I would much rather be in a position to have to win meaningful games at Comerica than have to win them in the Metrodome. Too many seasons have been ruined at that place over the years.

Yes. The best thing that can happen is for the Twins to go away. We have seven more games to play in the Baggie Dome, including three during the last week of the season (Sept. 25-27). I'd like to have the division sewn up by then, or at least have the Twins buried by the, so that those games are meaningless to the Twins.

PorkChopExpress
07-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Yes. The best thing that can happen is for the Twins to go away. We have seven more games to play in the Baggie Dome, including three during the last week of the season (Sept. 25-27). I'd like to have the division sewn up by then, or at least have the Twins buried by the, so that those games are meaningless to the Twins.

Even if the Twins are out of it come that last series in September, it will be far from meaningless. I forget who it was, maybe Morneau, but they said something along the lines of how they take joy in ruining the White Sox chances even if they are out of it. The White Sox need to have this division taken care of by then, or Minnesota will be there as spoilers for sure.

On another note, while their lineup may not be murderers row, it is a talented and balanced lineup, and once again, young guys like Cassilla and Buscher are coming out of nowhere and playing like allstars (Cassilla may have been expected since I believe he was a touted prospect of theirs). With Mauer and Morneau in the middle of that lineup, and guys getting on base and running and creating havoc, they are a force. Their bullpen is solid with one of the best closers in baseball, and their starters keep them in the games a good amount of the time. Even though there is no Hunter or Santana, these are the same Twins we have faced over the passed several years. Do not count them out until they are mathematically eliminated, and do not underestimate their desire to beat us in any way they can.

palehozenychicty
07-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Even if the Twins are out of it come that last series in September, it will be far from meaningless. I forget who it was, maybe Morneau, but they said something along the lines of how they take joy in ruining the White Sox chances even if they are out of it. The White Sox need to have this division taken care of by then, or Minnesota will be there as spoilers for sure.

On another note, while their lineup may not be murderers row, it is a talented and balanced lineup, and once again, young guys like Cassilla and Buscher are coming out of nowhere and playing like allstars (Cassilla may have been expected since I believe he was a touted prospect of theirs). With Mauer and Morneau in the middle of that lineup, and guys getting on base and running and creating havoc, they are a force. Their bullpen is solid with one of the best closers in baseball, and their starters keep them in the games a good amount of the time. Even though there is no Hunter or Santana, these are the same Twins we have faced over the passed several years. Do not count them out until they are mathematically eliminated, and do not underestimate their desire to beat us in any way they can.

Which is why I hate them so much. Then when they get to October, the pumpkin sprouts, orange and huge.

asindc
07-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Which is why I hate them so much. Then when they get to October, the pumpkin sprouts, orange and huge.

That's because their strengths become weaknesses in the playoffs. They are not typically built to put up big offensive innings, and their pitchers are facing good lineups in the playoffs, so giving up 3-4 in a game will win you a lot of games in May and June, but might not be enough against the very best teams. Witness Frank's dismantling of them in the 2006 ALDS.