PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2003 Cub-fans, Ozzie NLCS article

Gregory Pratt
06-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Where he taunted Cub fans after Game Six of the NLCS, and talks about how they're not so cocky? Anyone have it?

DumpJerry
06-29-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm sure Google has it.

ilsox7
06-29-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm sure Google has it.

The Google has a lot of things!

areilly
06-30-2008, 10:25 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-031015cubsgamer,1,2039939.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Irishsox1
07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
You have to love how the Tribune first covered Bartman:

"Mark Prior and the Cubs blew a 3-0, eighth-inning lead in Game 6 at Wrigley, watching the Marlins put up an "8" after an oblivious fan down the left-field line accidentally kept Alou from a chance at catching a pop foul. It opened the gates to a Cubs collapse that will be talked about for ages."

How does Sullivan not mention the easy inning ending double play to Gonzalez that would have ended the inning with the Cubs ahead 3-1. I mean that play actually happened on the field involving players which then actually lead to the flood gates opening.

Just horrible, irrational writing by a little doofus.

Iwritecode
07-01-2008, 01:22 PM
You have to love how the Tribune first covered Bartman:

"Mark Prior and the Cubs blew a 3-0, eighth-inning lead in Game 6 at Wrigley, watching the Marlins put up an "8" after an oblivious fan down the left-field line accidentally kept Alou from a chance at catching a pop foul. It opened the gates to a Cubs collapse that will be talked about for ages."

How does Sullivan not mention the easy inning ending double play to Gonzalez that would have ended the inning with the Cubs ahead 3-1. I mean that play actually happened on the field involving players which then actually lead to the flood gates opening.

Just horrible, irrational writing by a little doofus.

To this day many people still blame Bartman more than they do Gonzalez not turning the DP or Dusty Baker not coming out to calm down his rookie pitcher or Mark Prior for giving up so many runs or the entire Cubs team for not winning game 7...