PDA

View Full Version : Rick Morrissey: Label Sox Talented

voodoochile
06-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Nice article and the Ozzie comment on TCQ made me crack up...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-080628-morrissey-chicago-white-sox-cubs,1,1686890.column

Over By There
06-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Ozzie burns incense in the clubhouse? :scratch:

Sox
06-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Nice article and the Ozzie comment on TCQ made me crack up...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-080628-morrissey-chicago-white-sox-cubs,1,1686890.column

Very nice article.....

hi im skot
06-29-2008, 01:29 PM

Faaaaarr out, maaaannn

thomas35forever
06-29-2008, 01:56 PM
'cause they're dead!

TDog
06-29-2008, 02:04 PM
If interleague play has done anything for the Sox (other than providing series sweeps against the Pirates and Giants) it may have given the Sox a chance this weekend (after the Sox didn't take advantage of the chance last weekend) to bring attention to the other Chicago team.

What I have always feared about both the Cubs and Sox finishing in first place -- which hasn't happened in the living memory of anyone I've ever met -- is that it would be all about the Cubs. I was in Alaska late in the 2003 season when it should have happened, but I suspect it was all about the Cubs in the city.

With a division series and a championship needed to get to the World Series, one or both teams could go out in a hurry. A crosstown World Series is such a longshot. Getting to the World Series would be a monumental achievement in itself. I would be concerned that if the Cub won the NLCS in seven games in such a season, after 20 minutes of coverage of he special accomplishment, there would be mention that the Cubs open the World Series against the Sox, who may be rusty after their ALCS sweep.

That may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I liked the pictures of the Sox cap atop the Picasso. It would have given me goosebumps to stand in front of it back in October 2005. I get the feeling the city would be pulling for the Cubs because the Sox just won the World Series a couple of years ago.

soxfanreggie
06-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks for sharing it.

Madscout
06-29-2008, 06:27 PM
"with the cubs the toast of baseball..."?
Give me a break.

TornLabrum
06-29-2008, 10:02 PM
"with the cubs the toast of baseball..."?
Give me a break.

Well, after tonight, the Cubs are toast.