PDA

View Full Version : Tigers are .500 for the first time this season

MrRoboto83
06-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Hats off to the Tigers for battling back to the .500 mark. I never thought they would be able to pull it off before the Allstar break. They are currently sitting 5 games back. They also have my permission go on a 10 game losing ASAP. :smile:

DumpJerry
06-28-2008, 11:43 PM
According to The Score, they might be losing Maggs. Possible strained Oblique.

gobears1987
06-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Their bullpen still blows.

manders_01
06-28-2008, 11:47 PM
When Maggs came out of the game he looked fine. But they announced that the possible strain during the game. Didn't work out so well for the Rockies since Raburn came in and hit that slam. Watching the 9th, I really thought the Rox were gonna help the Sox out tonight. :(:

LITTLE NELL
06-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Who woulda thunk it. Its going to be a very interesting 2nd half. Im not counting the Indians out of it either.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Who woulda thunk it. Its going to be a very interesting 2nd half. Im not counting the Indians out of it either.

I agree. The second-half is shaping up as a barn burner. I'm glad we have wins salted away from the first-half because we figure to need them by September 30.

DrGiggles
06-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Ordonez was just put on the 15 day DL.

whitesox901
06-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Rox take the 3-2 lead on the 2-run HR by Tulowitski

sox1970
06-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Ordonez was just put on the 15 day DL.

:whiner:

manders_01
06-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Rox take the 3-2 lead on the 2-run HR by Tulowitzki

Fixed it for ya. :tongue:

PS That's the first time I've be able to use that line so I felt the need to grab my chance. :D:

ChiSox89
06-29-2008, 02:04 PM
as hot as the tigers are, i dont think thier pitching will hold the whole season

chisoxfanatic
06-29-2008, 02:09 PM
No kidding, the Indians have the capabilities of going on a huge tear at any time. Because of this, I don't see any Sabathia trade possibilities going down until at least the last few days before the trade deadline. Once they get Carmona back, I think they'll have enough pitching to make things interesting once again, and hopefully knock the Twins down a couple pegs in the process.

TDog
06-29-2008, 02:36 PM
as hot as the tigers are, i dont think thier pitching will hold the whole season

Some people say that about the White Sox. I'm not among them, but with the Sox getting so much out of Danks and Floyd, some are expecting one or both of them to hit a wall.

It looks like the Sabathia and Verlander (and I hope Buehrle) are back to form. Every team in the division, including the Tigers, seems to be getting good pitching, except, perhaps, for the Twins, who have been pitching well enough for the last two weeks. When teams get back to playing within their own league, and especially within their own division, pitchers will have fewer surprises for hitters.

I always questioned this year's Tigers pitching and doubted that the Tigers hitting would be able overcome it. We'll see if the Tigers rotation can continue to get it done.

whitesox901
06-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Fixed it for ya. :tongue:

PS That's the first time I've be able to use that line so I felt the need to grab my chance. :D:

Damn, Im half Polish, Should of gotten that one right :redface:

manders_01
06-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Well ****, Tigers win again.

TDog
06-29-2008, 04:30 PM
They are through with interleague play, though, as will the Twins be when they finish off the Brewers today. Interleague play infuses such a random element into the race. The Twins won four of six from the rival Brewers. The Indians lost five of six to the Reds, although some people here believed the Indians had an advantage in playing the Reds. The White Sox can do no better than split six against the Cubs, but the Tigers don't have a natural NL rival. The Tigers didn't have to play the Cubs. They won two out of three in San Francisco, but they only played the NL West teams. To their credit, though, they swept the Rockies who took series from the White Sox, Twins and Indians.

Not that I am whining about the inequities of the schedule, as people were when in May when they were posting that the Central was the Indians' division to lose (which they have gone a long way in doing). It just seems odd that any major American professional sport could have teams competing in the same division without having the same schedule. The Tigers, though, have a poor record within the AL Central where they live. We will see if they are playing great baseball or feasting off of teams from another league that they should beat.

The other althernative is that they were playing great baseball against the wrong teams. Every win counts as a win, but if with the loss of Ordonez they start losing games against teams in their own division, they won't get anywhere.

Lip Man 1
06-29-2008, 06:12 PM
These three teams are going to be very interesting at the trade deadline that's for sure.

Lip

Oblong
06-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Tigers are 10-19 against the Central. 1-8 of that was from the disastrous start that included 9 games with the Sox and Royals. 0-6 against hte Royals is where the hole is. The Royals feasted on the NL too.

3 game series with MN will show a lot for both teams.

Losing Magglio's not the worst thing in the world. Based on positions it's better than losing some of the other positon players or a pitcher. Guys like Raburn, Clete Thomas, and Matt Joyce can fill in.

I still maintain the pitching will be enough that the team can win the division if the offense does what it's supposed to do.