View Full Version : Saturday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
06-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Did his job.

:crede

Chicks dig the long ball.

nedlug
06-28-2008, 07:03 PM
I'll be interested to see where I stand when the standings get updated!

Sockinchisox
06-28-2008, 07:05 PM
But Crede didn't homer. I agree with the PTC though.

Maybe it should be "Chicks dig the Web Gem"?

Brian26
06-28-2008, 07:09 PM
But Crede didn't homer. I agree with the PTC though.

Crede saved the game in the 3rd with that catch off Soto's bat with the bases loaded. Great PTC choice no matter what he did at the plate today.

Kudos to the Sox bullpen. Top to bottom, they were spectacular. Logan, Masset, Thornton, Linebrink and Jenks were fantastic. Over 4.2, they scattered three hits with seven strikeouts. Linebrink breezed through the 8th on five pitches. Thornton was unhittable vs. righties and lefties.

Sockinchisox
06-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Crede saved the game in the 3rd with that catch off Soto's bat with the bases loaded. Great PTC choice no matter what he did at the plate today.

Kudos to the Sox bullpen. Top to bottom, they were spectacular. Logan, Masset, Thornton, Linebrink and Jenks were fantastic. Over 4.2, they scattered three hits with seven strikeouts. Linebrink breezed through the 8th on five pitches. Thornton was unhittable vs. righties and lefties.

Oh no doubt, the Crede catch was the play of the game.

Daver
06-28-2008, 07:16 PM

That is why he won the PTC, without that catch this game is a loss.

But the vast majority of the members here want him gone cause he doesn't hit consistently enough.

White City
06-28-2008, 08:53 PM
5 straight Ks from Thornton has to be an honorable mention.

er ... it was 4 ks and a flyout. But still, that was strong stuff.

A winning team has many contributors, of course.

DumpJerry
06-28-2008, 09:15 PM
I vote for Coop. Despite experiencing a painful, debilitating and extreme injury, he still managed to get the bullpen to do its job.

Win one for The Coop!

ChiSoxGirl
06-28-2008, 11:03 PM
TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3626)! Take that, Lovable Losers! :bandance:

DumpJerry
06-28-2008, 11:54 PM
TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3626)! Take that, Lovable Losers! :bandance:
:thumbsup:. 14 of the Cubs' 27 outs were via strike out, huh? Who would have noticed..............?

ode to veeck
06-29-2008, 12:41 AM
That is why he won the PTC, without that catch this game is a loss.

But the vast majority of the members here want him gone cause he doesn't hit consistently enough.

oh yeah don't forget he's just a mediocre 3rd baseman

I just try to ignore the clueless most of the time

special mention (obviously) to new to the all-time Cub Killa Club: Carlos Quentin who smashed the tie with his enthusiastic HR