PDA

View Full Version : Outfield Concourse closed to those without seating in the Outfield??

whitesoxwin
06-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Found out yesterday because of "Security Reasons" the outfield concourse is closed to those w/o Reserved, Bleacher or FanDeck tickets.
We had box seats (my partial season tickets) and actually went there to get a beef sandwich and security would not let us go there, noting: "Security Reasons" (???).
Bitched to Customer service but they said: Can't understand the problem...you are the first to bitch about it (??) ...and this was around the 6th inning?
Anybody else have this problem.
Kind of sucks...since the wife, friends and I have hung out there for the past ...I forget (we have had season tickets since 1994) ...years!
Not sticking around much more as we are going to game VERY soon.
Go Sox and may the GOOD Javy be on the mound today!!

jenn2080
06-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Why would you complain? I cannot believe you went to bitch about it. Being an outfielder season ticket holder it was the best ****ing thing they have done in years. I was so happy they closed it off to everyone because it sucks that EVERYONE comes out there to just stand and not watch the game. The bathroom lines are always packed and so is everything else. This was the pleasant Sox game I have been to.

Jerko
06-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Why would you complain? I cannot believe you went to bitch about it. Being an outfielder season ticket holder it was the best ****ing thing they have done in years. I was so happy they closed it off to everyone because it sucks that EVERYONE comes out there to just stand and not watch the game. The bathroom lines are always packed and so is everything else. This was the pleasant Sox game I have been to.

Agreed. If I knew they were going to do that I might not have sold my tickets. My buddy sits in 163 and he thought it was a great idea.

whitesoxwin
06-28-2008, 11:31 AM

Oh well...being a Season Ticket holder gave you access to the whole park. Bitch about it??....Damn straight!
As far as those w/o season tickets...fine.
That is my take on it....period.
By the way, I am glad you enjoyed the game.

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Found out yesterday because of "Security Reasons" the outfield concourse is closed to those w/o Reserved, Bleacher or FanDeck tickets.
We had box seats (my partial season tickets) and actually went there to get a beef sandwich and security would not let us go there, noting: "Security Reasons" (???).
Bitched to Customer service but they said: Can't understand the problem...you are the first to bitch about it (??) ...and this was around the 6th inning?
Kind of sucks...since the wife, friends and I have hung out there for the past ...I forget (we have had season tickets since 1994) ...years!
This probably won't be in effect during the whole season. It's probably just during the Cubs series, and RIGHTFULLY SO! It's a way to keep the crowd more under control.

MarySwiss
06-28-2008, 12:12 PM
This probably won't be in effect during the whole season. It's probably just during the Cubs series, and RIGHTFULLY SO! It's a way to keep the crowd more under control.

It'll be interesting to see if you're right, Heather...and I'd bet you are. It's actually a pretty smart move.

whitesox901
06-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Isn't it true that you also cant leave the upper deck as well if you have an upper deck ticket?

:hijacked:

FedEx227
06-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Isn't it true that you also cant leave the upper deck as well if you have an upper deck ticket?

:hijacked:

See, 2006.

whitesox901
06-28-2008, 12:54 PM
See, 2006.

so thats when it started/ended?

DumpJerry
06-28-2008, 01:17 PM
It's just for this weekend. They've done it before.

Blueprint1
06-28-2008, 01:19 PM
It's just for this weekend. They've done it before.

I think they did this the first season the stadium opened.

FedEx227
06-28-2008, 01:45 PM
so thats when it started/ended?

Still going on. Since 2006, I believe... maybe even 2005, if you had an upper deck ticket you can't go to the 100 level, that rule is still in effect.

scarsofthumper
06-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Still going on. Since 2006, I believe... maybe even 2005, if you had an upper deck ticket you can't go to the 100 level, that rule is still in effect.It feels like way longer than that.

thomas35forever
06-28-2008, 04:05 PM
See, 2003.
Fixed it for you. That's the first time I remember it happening.

whitesox901
06-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Still going on. Since 2006, I believe... maybe even 2005, if you had an upper deck ticket you can't go to the 100 level, that rule is still in effect.

Damn, I was in the upper deck last year and wasnt sure if that was true and didnt wanna risk it, but Im going agian in July to see the Texas in the UD, but as long as theres plenty of O'maley Dogs and cheesefries there should be no problems with me:redface:

Trav
06-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Sox park is the only stadium that I've been to that wont allow 500 level ticket holders to walk around the park. It is a stupid rule that they claim is MLB wide.

Parrothead
06-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Sox park is the only stadium that I've been to that wont allow 500 level ticket holders to walk around the park. It is a stupid rule that they claim is MLB wide.

It is not league wide and it is a stupid rule.

goofymsfan
06-28-2008, 05:02 PM

Dodger Stadium is the same way.

tacosalbarojas
06-28-2008, 07:46 PM
They took it off for today and everyone in the LD was able to access the OF concourse.

Huisj
06-28-2008, 07:48 PM
It seems silly to restrict access to the lower level concourse for people with lower level tickets. Would that mean if you had seats by the dugout, you wouldn't be able to walk back to see the statues? One of the first things I do when I get to the park before the game starts is always take a stroll around the whole perimeter of the park on the concourse.

DumpJerry
06-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Damn, I was in the upper deck last year and wasnt sure if that was true and didnt wanna risk it, but Im going agian in July to see the Texas in the UD, but as long as theres plenty of O'maley Dogs and cheesefries there should be no problems with me:redface:
We have neither at Comiskey. Sorry.

Best Kosher Dogs. No cheesefries-they're bad for your cardio system.

DumpJerry
06-28-2008, 08:29 PM
To everyone complaining (and I use that word lightly) about the lack of lower deck access, keep in mind that the Fire Marshall has something to say about how many people can occupy the lower deck at a given time.

According to the certificate from the Chicago Department of Buildings (which is posted on the 100 level by the elevator), "occupancy by more than 21,636 persons is dangerous and unlawful." This certificate covers "Comiskey Park 333 W. 35th Street, Main Concourse fixed seating areas."

RadioheadRocks
06-28-2008, 10:10 PM
I think they did this the first season the stadium opened.

This is true, and they also had portable steel gates separating the outfield concourse areas from the rest of the park (along with ushers checking tickets at each gate). I guess they got enough complaints and this didn't last too long.

CHISOXFAN13
06-28-2008, 10:33 PM

First time I experienced this was Skydome aka Rogers Centre, 1998.

Viva Medias B's
06-28-2008, 10:42 PM
My dad does not eat meat, and the only place in the park where they sell vegan food (as far as we know) is the concession stand in the fan deck. On Friday, they let him enter the restricted zone to get his vegan food.

Parrothead
06-29-2008, 01:19 AM
First time I experienced this was Skydome aka Rogers Centre, 1998.

I was there in 1989 and they did not do it at the game I was at vs. the Twins and there were 50,000+ there.

CubKilla
06-29-2008, 04:20 AM

Only stupid if you don't have season tix for seats in the OF. Wish they did this every game.

Soxfanspcu11
06-29-2008, 05:04 AM
Only stupid if you don't have season tix for seats in the OF. Wish they did this every game.

Absolutely.

I have Season Tickets in Section 163 (Left-field Bleachers) and I LOVE this idea!

And it's not because I don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry walking through the Concourse. Infact, there should be at least some sort of Partial Access. Because after all, the Outfield Concourse is probably the most densely packed area in terms of Concessions that exists in the ENTIRE ballpark. And on top of that, the Fandeck is a must see for fans who have never been up there and seen that viewpoint (that of course is assuming that there is not a "private event" going on up there, which seems to be happening like EVERY game nowadays!:angry:). Another thing is that is also where the Speedpitch Machine is located. That Machine is INSANELY popular with fans, particuarly and obviously with the younger fans.

Hmmmmm...........I don't know what to do! lol! Honestly, when I began to reply to this quote by you, I was thinking that I completely supported your idea. But the more that I think about it, the more that I am up in the air with it.

Really, the only reason that I do not want fans without tickets having access is because of the restroom situation. Those restrooms are usually always incredibly packed, with people from all over the park using them. Limiting access would be HUGE in that regard.

Truthfully, I just don't know. I guess that I would have to think about it a little more. The best option would be to grant that "limited access" that I talked about. However I just don't see how you could enforce something like that.

:?:

C-Dawg
06-29-2008, 07:23 AM
I have Season Tickets in Section 163 (Left-field Bleachers) and I LOVE this idea!

Really, the only reason that I do not want fans without tickets having access is because of the restroom situation. Those restrooms are usually always incredibly packed, with people from all over the park using them. Limiting access would be HUGE in that regard.

Hmmm, maybe the RF corner is dfferent but I find the opposite situation there. I've been sitting down the line in RF a lot lately, and the restrooms behind my area are always packed so I just make a beeline for the restrooms in the outfield which I find much emptier. Either that or my timing has been better this season!

jenn2080
06-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Oh well...being a Season Ticket holder gave you access to the whole park. Bitch about it??....Damn straight!
As far as those w/o season tickets...fine.
That is my take on it....period.
By the way, I am glad you enjoyed the game.

Sox fans always need something to complain about.

whitesoxwin
06-29-2008, 10:48 AM
They took it off for today and everyone in the LD was able to access the OF concourse.

Yes it was open...but who knows what will happen today.

whitesoxwin
06-29-2008, 10:55 AM

Oh yes....now let us all sit in a circle and sing Kumbaya.

manders_01
06-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Hmmm, maybe the RF corner is dfferent but I find the opposite situation there. I've been sitting down the line in RF a lot lately, and the restrooms behind my area are always packed so I just make a beeline for the restrooms in the outfield which I find much emptier. Either that or my timing has been better this season!

When I was there two weekends ago, I had no problem with the restrooms either night I was in the outfield. In fact, I found that no one knew about the (what appeared to be) "private" restrooms for the fan deck.

MCHSoxFan
06-29-2008, 03:59 PM

I had no issue. Father and his father was in 103 and I was in 334. Went over to them to say hello.

DumpJerry
06-29-2008, 10:35 PM
When I was there two weekends ago, I had no problem with the restrooms either night I was in the outfield. In fact, I found that no one knew about the (what appeared to be) "private" restrooms for the fan deck.
Any more secrets you want to share with the world?:angry:

Those bathrooms are, no, were, the best kept secrets in the place.

Cat Thief
06-30-2008, 02:29 AM

Pot Kettle Black

skottyj242
06-30-2008, 09:38 AM
I thought it was great to not have everyone on the concourse on Friday. I was able to stand up and enjoy the game. Jenn and I were standing behind 158 and the usher came up and asked us for our tickets, I said that we had season tickets in 160 and 161 and he told me that to stand behind 158 you had to have a ticket in section 158. We ignored him and stayed there. I noticed that they got lax as the game went on and by the end of the game you couldn't even make it all the way through and the bathrooms were a mess. The porta potties were the best thing ever as nobody really knew about them. Did they have them on ramp 2 as well?

manders_01
06-30-2008, 07:55 PM

And they were kept so secret that I had no idea they were a secret. :redface:

Anyways, you're a guy, you should comparatively have no problems with restroom lines. :tongue:

MarySwiss
06-30-2008, 08:32 PM

Well, Bob; I'm sure Amanda didn't know she was violating a sacred trust. She's good folk!

And they were kept so secret that I had no idea they were a secret. :redface:

Anyways, you're a guy, you should comparatively have no problems with restroom lines. :tongue:

Nice comeback, Amanda! And so true! These guys have it easy.

manders_01
06-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Well, Bob; I'm sure Amanda didn't know she was violating a sacred trust. She's good folk!

Thanks! :wink:

chisoxfanatic
06-30-2008, 08:57 PM

I don't know, Mary...I've sometimes seen the guys bathroom having lines coming from both the entrance and exit with little waiting at the women's bathroom. I think that the lines move pretty quickly, actually. It's nice to have an ample number of facilities, unlike that ballpark to the north.

DumpJerry
07-01-2008, 12:38 AM

How do guys have it easy? We have to wait in long lines just like women at Comiskey and our "urges" are just as strong as womens'. Is there a Staples "Easy" button that I do not know about in the mens' restrooms?

Boondock Saint
07-01-2008, 12:46 AM
How do guys have it easy? We have to wait in long lines just like women at Comiskey and our "urges" are just as strong as womens'. Is there a Staples "Easy" button that I do not know about in the mens' restrooms?

SHUSH! No need for 2 secrets to be given away in one thread!

redsand22
07-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Shhh not many know about these it seems, it was great to get in and out in a min or two.

manders_01
07-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Shhh not many know about these it seems, it was great to get in and out in a min or two.

See above - I've already been scolded for telling a secret I didn't know was one.

skottyj242
07-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I just pee in the sinks if I have to go.

Iwritecode
07-01-2008, 02:19 PM

I've never been to a crowded place where the line for the men's room was:

a. anywhere near as long as the line for the women's room.
b. moving as slow as the women's line.

I'm pretty sure the average male can be in and out of the bathroom about 30-60 seconds faster than the average female. That's just including going in, doing your business, washing your hands and leaving.

TommyGavinFloyd
07-01-2008, 03:55 PM

I'm pretty sure the average male can be in and out of the bathroom about 30-60 seconds faster than the average female. That's just including going in, doing your business, washing your hands and leaving.

And if you skip that part you can be out even sooner!

KenBerryGrab
07-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I just pee in the sinks if I have to go.

I realize you're joking, but this is one of the most reprehensible acts, short of violence, a human can perpetrate.

skottyj242
07-02-2008, 09:35 AM
I went to the game with Jenn and her 10 year old brother last night. Jenn and I had her season tickets and her brother bought an upper deck ticket with one of the free vouchers from the Kids Club. We walked in and the lady gave us a hard time becuase he had an upper deck ticket. Then I can't believe they finally let him through! I can't believe they didn't make a 10 year old sit by himself. Brooks if you're reading this do stuff.

soxfan13
07-02-2008, 11:09 AM
I went to the game with Jenn and her 10 year old brother last night. Jenn and I had her season tickets and her brother bought an upper deck ticket with one of the free vouchers from the Kids Club. We walked in and the lady gave us a hard time becuase he had an upper deck ticket. Then I can't believe they finally let him through! I can't believe they didn't make a 10 year old sit by himself. Brooks if you're reading this do stuff.

Hmmmmm free vouchers:scratch::gulp:

munchman33
07-02-2008, 11:52 AM
So long as their are vendor items in the concourse not available at other concessions stands around the ballpark, closing the concourse to public use is a total bull**** move.

Jerko
07-02-2008, 11:56 AM
So long as their are vendor items in the concourse not available at other concessions stands around the ballpark, closing the concourse to public use is a total bull**** move.

The last weekday day game I was at, the concourse was wide open but the concession stand in left field was closed (the pizza one). :angry: That's even worse IMO. There was a sign on there that said "for service go to section 101" :rolleyes:

munchman33
07-02-2008, 12:00 PM
The last weekday day game I was at, the concourse was wide open but the concession stand in left field was closed (the pizza one). :angry: That's even worse IMO. There was a sign on there that said "for service go to section 101" :rolleyes:

What I mean to say is there is specialty food served in the concourse not served anywhere else in the ballpark. Personally, I don't care being a vegan because there's nothing I can really eat anyway. However, it's a really ****ty practice (and bad for business) to limit who has access to certain types of food. And honestly, those corn fries are way better than potato.

skottyj242
07-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Hmmmmm free vouchers:scratch::gulp:

These were his, he didn't steal the ones I lost that you gave me.

soxfan13
07-02-2008, 01:29 PM
These were his, he didn't steal the ones I lost that you gave me.

Relax Francis!!!!:gulp:

RadioheadRocks
07-02-2008, 03:52 PM

And if you skip that part you can be out even sooner!

I'm seriously hoping you're kidding here... IMHO if you don't wash your hands after taking care of business you're not potty-trained.