PDA

View Full Version : General Admission Tickets?

havelj
06-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know GA tickets are for the Cell and where you get to go when in the park?

DumpJerry
06-28-2008, 09:39 AM
No such thing as general admission exists anymore at Sox games.

Roof Shot
06-28-2008, 10:33 AM
I sat in some "GA" seats back in the 05' playoffs. I don't think these seats are generally for public sale. I think they are reserved for large group outings or something. At least back then, these seats were located down the left field corner at club level. They were basically attached to an indoor conference room with outdoor seating area in folding chairs.

UofCSoxFan
06-28-2008, 11:19 AM
These wouldn't be the standing room tickets they sell when the game is sold out the day of game, would they? If that's the case, they give you access to the lower level but no seat.

DumpJerry
06-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Back in the day, the Sox had General Admission seating. The seats from the poles to the back row were not reserved. You bought a ticket for $2.00 (later $3.00) and could sit anywhere in the general admission area.

In the outfield, the area in front of the poles was the "Reserved Grandstand" area where the seats were numbered to match the tickets like today's practice.

The "Box Seats" were really that. They were seats down low near Home which were grouped into, IIRC, sets of 4 seats bordered by piping which created a "box."

Harry Potter
06-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Not to steer this thread into a different direction and start a debate about where everyone has the right to watch the game from (re: lower level access) but I want to personally commend the Sox for doing a good job checking for lower level tickets at the entrance and then going further by checking for outfield lower level tickets at the start of the outfield concourse (around Sec 157 and 107).

Having my season tickets in Sec 158, the outfield concourse has gotten congested beyond all belief during the big series, namely opening day and Cubs, as everyone seems to congregate out there to mingle. With the setup the Sox had in place yesterday, the outfield concourse was easier to walk through, bathroom lines were decent, etc.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic discussion...

whitesoxwilkes
06-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Not to steer this thread into a different direction and start a debate about where everyone has the right to watch the game from (re: lower level access) but I want to personally commend the Sox for doing a good job checking for lower level tickets at the entrance and then going further by checking for outfield lower level tickets at the start of the outfield concourse (around Sec 157 and 107).

Having my season tickets in Sec 158, the outfield concourse has gotten congested beyond all belief during the big series, namely opening day and Cubs, as everyone seems to congregate out there to mingle. With the setup the Sox had in place yesterday, the outfield concourse was easier to walk through, bathroom lines were decent, etc.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic discussion...

Glad someone agrees with me on this.

I brought the annoyance of concourse cluster****ing up shortly after Opening Day and got pretty much flayed by the WSI community.

voodoochile
06-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Glad someone agrees with me on this.

I brought the annoyance of concourse cluster****ing up shortly after Opening Day and got pretty much flayed by the WSI community.

There's a thread whining about it in WTS right now.

russ99
06-28-2008, 06:14 PM
I can see why it's necessary to restrict outfield access during big series' like the Cubs and Opening Day/Playoff Games, but I hope they don't make this permanent, like the upper deck policy.

I personally love to watch an inning or two from the outfield concourse standing areas, like in front of the roped-off area or by those tables in CF. I guess that primarily stems from being a kid at Old Comiskey, where the Andy Frains pretty much let us go wherever we wanted, especially in the later innings.

Too bad they've restricted the Fan Deck and the walkway on the Fundamentals deck, since I used to love to go there too.

kevingrt
06-28-2008, 06:25 PM
I can see why it's necessary to restrict outfield access during big series' like the Cubs and Opening Day/Playoff Games, but I hope they don't make this permanent, like the upper deck policy.

I personally love to watch an inning or two from the outfield concourse standing areas, like in front of the roped-off area or by those tables in CF. I guess that primarily stems from being a kid at Old Comiskey, where the Andy Frains pretty much let us go wherever we wanted, especially in the later innings.

Too bad they've restricted the Fan Deck and the walkway on the Fundamentals deck, since I used to love to go there too.

I agree. I love when they do it for sold out games, but as for games where there is only about 25,000 they should let anyone in the lower level peruse the concourse. I completely agree.

robertks61
06-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Back in the day, the Sox had General Admission seating. The seats from the poles to the back row were not reserved. You bought a ticket for $2.00 (later $3.00) and could sit anywhere in the general admission area.

I remember children under 14 were $1 at some point in the '70's. We sat in those seats as kids, Dad was not paying big bucks for seats back then!

russ99
06-28-2008, 10:49 PM
I remember children under 14 were $1 at some point in the '70's. We sat in those seats as kids, Dad was not paying big bucks for seats back then!

Yup. Me too. I sat in the upper deck in the outfield (which I believe was all General Admission) many times with my dad in the 70s.