PDA

View Full Version : Happy 50th Jose Contreras.

Brian26
06-27-2008, 09:13 PM
:happybday

No, not his birthday.

Today's victory for Jose Contreras was his 50th in a Sox uniform.

2004: 5 wins
2005: 15 wins
2006: 13 wins
2007: 10 wins
2008: 7 wins

SOXfnNlansing
06-27-2008, 09:16 PM
woo hoo. Jose was lights out today:bandance:

HangWiffum
06-27-2008, 09:34 PM
woo hoo. Jose was lights out today:bandance:

i don't think we were watching the same game

Frontman
06-27-2008, 09:40 PM

Only thing that matters is that he kept his team in the game. Granted, the team gave him room to wiggle; but he didn't cough up runs like they were going out of style.

Good job big man.

eriqjaffe
06-27-2008, 09:40 PM
i don't think we were watching the same gameHe may not have been lights out, but at least he wasn't getting lit up.

Rocky Soprano
06-27-2008, 09:46 PM

Yeah we weren't since you were the one complaining about a 9-3 lead.

chisoxfanatic
06-27-2008, 09:52 PM
He was bailed out by that double play in the top of the 3rd. That was the ultimate momentum shifter our way, which stayed with us for the rest of the game.

Congrats, Jose, nevertheless! He needed that run support big time.

JB98
06-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Jose wasn't great today, but he was good enough.

I think his next outing is against Sabathia, so we will need a lights-out performance then. I believe Jose has already beaten CC head to head once this season.

Marqhead
06-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Talk about one of the best deals KW ever made.

eriqjaffe
06-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Talk about one of the best deals KW ever made.BUT KW TRADED AWAY A TWO TIME ALL STAR!

hawkjt
06-27-2008, 10:33 PM
How many wins did Loaiza get for the yankees? Not 50, I bet.
How many wins has Freddy had since we traded him for Gavin and Gio?
How many wins has Brandon McCarthy given texas since we traded him for Danks and Massett?

Kenny fleeced some folks. Way to go Kenny.

MCHSoxFan
06-27-2008, 10:37 PM
How many wins has Brandon McCarthy given texas since we traded him for Danks and Massett?

Oh yes! Neva a Kenny hata! Okay, except about the A-Row/Thome me thing. I was not hatting just a little bafiled.

Madscout
06-27-2008, 11:02 PM

You can't approach it that way. You can't say McCarthy was going to do the same thing with the Sox that he did with the Rangers. You can't say that Freddy would have done the same thing with the Sox that he did with the Phils. And you can't say Loaiza would have done the same thing with the Sox that he did with the Yankees.

I believe that we ended up in the better end of all of those deals, and I am not saying you are wrong, you just can't say what any one player will do with the situation he is (coach, area, fans, other players, specialty coaches). Garcia, I believe, would have continued to be successful with Coop's fundamentals, Ozzie's belief, and his friends on the staff. But still the best has been the Mc Carthy deal, when the sox got two ML starters with great stuff, for one ML ready pitcher. One of those is already starting for us, the other I believe could be as soon as next year.

hawkjt
06-27-2008, 11:30 PM
I believe Freddy hurt his arm early the next season with the phillies and has not come back. His arm was falling off when the sox traded him,it seemed to me.

Viva Medias B's
06-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Josť got us a win when we really needed it.

Frontman
06-28-2008, 12:01 AM
You can't approach it that way. You can't say McCarthy was going to do the same thing with the Sox that he did with the Rangers. You can't say that Freddy would have done the same thing with the Sox that he did with the Phils. And you can't say Loaiza would have done the same thing with the Sox that he did with the Yankees.

I believe that we ended up in the better end of all of those deals, and I am not saying you are wrong, you just can't say what any one player will do with the situation he is (coach, area, fans, other players, specialty coaches). Garcia, I believe, would have continued to be successful with Coop's fundamentals, Ozzie's belief, and his friends on the staff. But still the best has been the Mc Carthy deal, when the sox got two ML starters with great stuff, for one ML ready pitcher. One of those is already starting for us, the other I believe could be as soon as next year.

I disagree; as injuries have caused the heartaches for B-mac in Texas. He could of just as easily (if not sooner, due to the cold) gotten hurt in Chicago just the same and in the meantime, Danks and Massett would be wasting away on the Rangers roster.

SOXfnNlansing
06-28-2008, 08:57 AM

cubs are a great hitting team. I'll take 3 solos any day.