PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox Dump Demptser in Dumpster, Beat Cubs 10-3

Frater Perdurabo
06-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Discuss it live here!

Great all-around game! Good thing that Jose's occasional wildness did not take place in the same innings he gave up the solo homers!

Frater Perdurabo
06-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Great catch by Dye to end the game!

Sockinchisox
06-27-2008, 06:58 PM
:D::D::D::D:

Sox have been an offensive juggernaut at home recently.

SoxGirl4Life
Raised the Dump's ERA a full run!

1 down. 2 to go! :bandance:

Woofer
AHHHH, that feels real nice.

Bucky F. Dent
06-27-2008, 06:59 PM
You Can't Beat Fun At the Ol' Ballpark!!!!

SOX WIN!

SOX WIN!!

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):)

Pear-Zin-Ski
YEEEEESSSS!!!!!!

As old and slow as JD is becoming he made two awesome play including the game clincher!

If you count out the grand slam from Swisher we could've won this game too...nice to see that we dont have to rely on the long ball....

I love it when Len and Bob shut up...they had nothing to say...nothing....

:gulp:+:bandance: = Good Day

russ99
Great win guys!!

Now hopefully the Twins will lose tonight and the Sox can keep playing this tough aggressive winning baseball all weekend.

SoxGirl4Life
06-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Lets go Brewers!

It's Time
I expect the White Sox to win this series, if not sweep. No reason not think it with the pitching the Cubs have going the next two days. :cool:

The streak against the Cubs is OVA!

voodoochile
You could say we went Dempster Diving... Well at least Dye did...

Great team effort. Took advantage of the opportunities and never let the flubbies get anything going. I'll take two more just like it...

:winner

:supernana:

:)

SoxGirl4Life
YEEEEESSSS!!!!!!

As old and slow as JD is becoming he made two awesome play including the game clincher!

If you count out the grand slam from Swisher we could've won this game too...nice to see that we dont have to rely on the long ball....

I love it when Len and Bob shut up...they had nothing to say...nothing....

:gulp:+:bandance: = Good Day

I'm kinda looking forward to Comcast's replay of the game tonight..

jabrch
06-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Here come the bandwagon jumpers...

Cuck the Fubs
Nice start to this homestand.......lets win every series in it!

kingpin_rcs
The cubs are the "lovable losers" because I love it when they lose!

GO SOX!

Bucky F. Dent
And check this out, we score ten runs with only one home run!

Gotta Love That!!!

October26
Very happy with this Sox win. Nice to see the Sox manufacture some runs in that third inning, along with Swish's homer. Sox beat the Cubs - YES!!!!!!

It's Time
[quote=voodoochile;1943205]You could say we went Dempster Diving... Well at least Dye did...

Great team effort. Took advantage of the opportunities and never let the flubbies get anything going. I'll take two more just like it...

:winner

:supernana:

:)[/quote
Only two more games and then the real Baseball season begins. I'm ready for the 2nd half!!

soxpride724
06-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Awesome win fellas! I don't know about everyone else here, but I'm gonna enjoy this one before we even think about tommorrow.:bandance:

Frontman
06-27-2008, 07:02 PM

What a catch. He came up with a Sergeant Murtaugh look on his face.

And any time we can hear "Go Go White Sox" instead of "Go Cubs Go" is a great game during the Crosstown Series.

MERCY!!!

johnnyg83
06-27-2008, 07:03 PM
noice!

LITTLE NELL
Dye was awesome. 2 more to go for payback.

Frater Perdurabo
I love home cooking!

Right now the Sox are 25-11 at home, a .694 winning percentage. They are on pace to go 56-25 at home.

Fret not about the 19-24 away record, a .441 winning percentage. They are on pace to go 36-45 on the road.

That adds up to a 92-70 season record, and I think that wins the division.

October26
06-27-2008, 07:04 PM
What a catch. He came up with a Sergeant Murtaugh look on his face.

And any time we can hear "Go Go White Sox" instead of "Go Cubs Go" is a great game during the Crosstown Series.

MERCY!!!

Right on! I love the Go Go White Sox song! :bandance:

JB98
06-27-2008, 07:04 PM
At the start of the game, I noted the Cubs had Patterson, Edmonds and Ward in the outfield. That's a pretty weak defensive group. The Sox were aggressive on the basepaths, taking the extra base at every opportunity. That was a key to today's game.

thomas35forever
06-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Great game all-around! I have to like our chances for the rest of the weekend since Dempster was supposedly the best pitcher we were going to see this series. Oh, and my Cubs fan friend, who is usually irrational when it comes to his team, sent me the follow text no more than 30 seconds after JD's catch:
hey nice game 4 u guys 2day we got our asses handed 2 us u guys played god dempster didnt have it 2day u saw last sun. how good he is but again nice job 2day

sox1970
06-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Kick 'em while they're down. Get the brooms ready Sunday night.

SoxGirl4Life
Dye was awesome. 2 more to go for payback.

And lets not forget he stole 3rd too! I think he's going for back to back POW

ChiSox89
Very nice win. nice slam for swish and jose with another great start

chisox56
06-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Dye with the catch, Swisher with the slam, and I can't stand it.:D:

Corlose 15
06-27-2008, 07:11 PM
I love home cooking!

Right now the Sox are 25-11 at home, a .694 winning percentage. They are on pace to go 56-25 at home.

Fret not about the 19-24 away record, a .441 winning percentage. They are on pace to go 36-45 on the road.

That adds up to a 92-70 season record, and I think that wins the division.

The problem is that with that 92-70 record, the Sox will definitely be playing more road playoff games than home ones.

Let's cross that bridge when we get to it though.:smile:

Today was fun.:gulp:

thomas35forever
06-27-2008, 07:13 PM
The problem is that with that 92-70 record, the Sox will definitely be playing more road playoff games than home ones.

Let's cross that bridge when we get to it though.:smile:

Today was fun.:gulp:
When you put the two records together, we're on pace to go 90-72. Whatever. I just wanna win the division.

Dan Mega
06-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Here come the bandwagon jumpers...

And apparently the people who can't just enjoy the win as well. :rolleyes:

Great win today, Swish tattooed that granny. Besides a few blips here and there Contreras really shut them down at every hint of them threatening to score. Good defense, good use of the bullpen, everything.

Pear-Zin-Ski
06-27-2008, 07:16 PM
I forgot to mention how much Orlando is impressing me...tagging and then getting over to second? Awesome agressive play and I hope we see more of the same (not so much tagging up at first and going for second but smart agressive baserunning....)

CubKilla
06-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Good win today guys.

2 more to go.

:bandance:

Sox-on-TV44
06-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Now that's what i'm talking about!!!

Swisher's grand slam,and that great catch from Dye to end the game.Now let's keep the maddness going not just for the next 2 days,how about the entire homestand!!

Soxman219
06-27-2008, 07:18 PM
We finally beat the Cubs, man. Its been a long time since the Sox beat the Cubs. Nice slam by Swisher and clutch playing by Dye.

GO SOX!:bandance:

and Brewers too this weekend.

Sockinchisox
06-27-2008, 07:19 PM
If it wasn't apparent already, Quentin is hot and out of his slump. Average is back up to .289.

Sox-on-TV44
06-27-2008, 07:20 PM
We finally beat the Cubs, man. Its been a long time since the Sox beat the Cubs. Nice slam by Swisher and clutch playing by Dye.

GO SOX!:bandance:

and Brewers too this weekend.
I wouldn't bet on the Brewers beating the Twins.So let's do our job first.We can beat the Scrubs!!!

SoxGirl4Life
06-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Like I said in the gamethread after JD's steal:

"God, please don't let this be a dream. Please let this be the new and improved 2nd half White Sox offense. Please please please! I love this!"

BoysMom3
06-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Awesome game! Nice day JD, very nice!!! And I hope everyone who took crap from friends last weekend via text message got to give it back today. I know I did. ;)

johnnyg83
06-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Good win considering Contreras wasn't dealing .

SoxGirl4Life
06-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Who's been emailing Ozzie?

"I just want to win because I'm tired of fans calling me names. I don't know why the Sox fans hate me because we lost to the Cubs. I got some letters that are unbelievable, ridiculous," White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said before the game.

"If I wrote that letter to anybody, they would throw me right out of this country."

Sox-on-TV44
06-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Awesome game! Nice day JD, very nice!!! And I hope everyone who took crap from friends last weekend via text message got to give it back today. I know I did. ;)
I called my Cub fan brother and sister,who gave me a hard time last weekend,and called them and rubbed in!BOY THAT FELT GREAT!!!

TDog
06-27-2008, 07:25 PM
The turning point in this game, although the Sox never trailed, was Lee hitting into the doubleplay in the third. The Cubs were down by a run, had the bases loaded and one out with their best hitters coming up. Suddenly, they were on defense.

It was the second time in two days the Cubs failed to score with the bases loaded and one out and immediately gave up a bunch of runs. I don't follow the Cubs, but I follow results of Thursday's game because the Sox were playing, and I follow baseball results on the computer when the Sox are playing. In a scoreless game, the Cubs had men on first and second, got a hit, but didn't score. They failed to score with the bases loaded and one out (something people at WSI seem to think that only the Sox do). Baltimore came up and had men on second and third with two out when Lou Piniella ordered an intentional walk to load the bases. The next hitter walked to force in a two-out run. The Orioles had five runs before the Cubs got that last out.

I knew the Sox were going to score in the third. The Nick Swisher grand slam made the afternoon much more relaxing. As I posted in another thread, I expected the Sox to get to Dempster today and I just hoped Contreras had enough stuff to win.

Last Friday night, I had dinner in Chinatown on Chicago's South Side. There were two couples at the table next to us. One man was wearing a Sox jersey and the other a Cubs jersey. The Sox fan toasted "a great game, despite the result." I don't know if I could have been so classy,, but I hope things were just as civil on the South Side this Friday night.

LongLiveFisk
06-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Damn, why couldn't the Sox have pounded Dempster around like that last weekend? A great game and a fantastic catch by Jermaine to end it! :bandance:

2 more, guys.....let's go for the sweeeeepp!!!! :gulp:

soxpride724
06-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Damn, why couldn't the Sox have pounded Dempster around like that last weekend? A great game and a fantastic catch by Jermaine to end it! :bandance:

2 more, guys.....let's go for the sweeeeepp!!!! :gulp:

I don't know why Dempster was so effective at Wrigley. Maybe our guys just had to get a good look at him for a game. Great ending also!

JB98
06-27-2008, 07:31 PM
The turning point in this game, although the Sox never trailed, was Lee hitting into the doubleplay in the third. The Cubs were down by a run, had the bases loaded and one out with their best hitters coming up. Suddenly, they were on defense.

It was the second time in two days the Cubs failed to score with the bases loaded and one out and immediately gave up a bunch of runs. I don't follow the Cubs, but I follow results of Thursday's game because the Sox were playing, and I follow baseball results on the computer when the Sox are playing. In a scoreless game, the Cubs had men on first and second, got a hit, but didn't score. They failed to score with the bases loaded and one out (something people at WSI seem to think that only the Sox do). Baltimore came up and had men on second and third with two out when Lou Piniella ordered an intentional walk to load the bases. The next hitter walked to force in a two-out run. The Orioles had five runs before the Cubs got that last out.

I knew the Sox were going to score in the third. The Nick Swisher grand slam made the afternoon much more relaxing. As I posted in another thread, I expected the Sox to get to Dempster today and I just hoped Contreras had enough stuff to win.

Last Friday night, I had dinner in Chinatown on Chicago's South Side. There were two couples at the table next to us. One man was wearing a Sox jersey and the other a Cubs jersey. The Sox fan toasted "a great game, despite the result." I don't know if I could have been so classy,, but I hope things were just as civil on the South Side this Friday night.

I agree with you on the turning point. The Sox jumped on Dempster right after Contreras got the DP to escape that jam.

As far as the fan behavior, when the Sox win, I try to act like I've won before. After all, we have won before.

It is nice that nobody is signing "Go Cubs Go" in this office, unlike last Friday.

SoxGirl4Life
06-27-2008, 07:33 PM
I agree with you on the turning point. The Sox jumped on Dempster right after Contreras got the DP to escape that jam.

As far as the fan behavior, when the Sox win, I try to act like I've won before. After all, we have won before.

It is nice that nobody is signing "Go Cubs Go" in this office, unlike last Friday.

Amen! Although, I had to rub it in a little when Swish hit the slam.

Sox-on-TV44
06-27-2008, 07:37 PM

Yep,time for us to sing for a change,"NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA.HEY,HEEEEEY,GOOD BYE!!!":cool:

Carolina Kenny
06-27-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm having a laugh. Happy weekend.

JB98
06-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Yep,time for us to sing for a change,"NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA.HEY,HEEEEEY,GOOD BYE!!!":cool:

Nah. No singing for me. Especially with two more games left in the series. I'm happy for the win, but I know we have another ballgame tomorrow.

DrCrawdad
06-27-2008, 07:41 PM
I did not get to watch or listen till the end of the game today. The following was posted in the Sox Newsgroup, anyone who watched the Sox broadcast know if there is a shred of truth to this?

It's not even the bottom of the second, and already:
- Whorek Harrelson has suggested beaning Aramis Ramirez

- Darrin Jackson hoped the White Sox would "get lucky" with a potential
injury to Jim Edmonds

Harrelson's already in my book as the most annoying homer (if I'm ever in
his presence when he says "He gone", HE'S gone), but now he and his poodle
have wished two injuries on the opposing team. **** off and die, Whorek.

chisoxfanatic
06-27-2008, 07:43 PM
There still were people singing that at the bottom of the tunnel walking out of the ballpark today! :rolleyes:

What a game to be at! That's the best Sox/Cubs game I've been to since the 12-2 murdering of them three years ago! Christ, I did not expect that big of an offensive splurge. Jose Contreras definitely needs as big of a cushion as he can get.

Great games by Swisher (****ing GRAND SLAM?!) and JD!

The unsung play of the game: That double play in the top of the 3rd with the bases full of Cubs. THAT is what was the momentum shifter.

Pear-Zin-Ski
06-27-2008, 07:50 PM
I did not get to watch or listen till the end of the game today. The following was posted in the Sox Newsgroup, anyone who watched the Sox broadcast know if there is a shred of truth to this?

What sox broadcast? The comcast crew was from the northside today....

JB98
06-27-2008, 07:51 PM
What sox broadcast? The comcast crew was from the northside today....

Hawk and DJ were on WGN.

Corlose 15
06-27-2008, 07:53 PM

Hawk specifically mentioned when talking about this that he wasn't talking about beaning or hurting Ramirez. He only meant pitching inside and getting the batter to move their feet so that they do get so set and comfortable in the box.

The DJ commented was mentioned AFTER Edmonds had tweaked his leg running to first base and he said maybe they'd get lucky and Edmonds would have to leave the game. It was a harmless comment.

Some opposing fans just look for stuff Hawk says to bitch about. :rolleyes:

Tragg
06-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Great win.
I didn't even know the game was an afternoon game....I remember out Fri home gaime against the cubs is usually in the afternoon for some reason.

Eddo144
06-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Great win.
I didn't even know the game was an afternoon game....I remember out Fri home gaime against the cubs is usually in the afternoon for some reason.
Not sure how true this is, but I've heard the city pushes for day games to minimize the amount of drunken fans. I believe all six were scheduled to be afternoon games this year until ESPN grabbed the two Sunday games.

ArkanSox
06-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Ahhhhhhh, great way to start the weekend.

Cheers from the way down south side.

:D:

MarySwiss
06-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Happy! Happy! Happy!

In other words, I'm Happy!!!!!

I and the other Sox fan at work were pissed that this game was a day game. But hey! What the hell! We won!:smile:

Now I see I'll miss some of tomorrow's game as well. :?:

Good cause, though; my banjo lesson, during which I will fine-tune my arrangement of "South Side Irish" so as to be ready to sing and play it at Game 1 of the 2008 World Series. :cool:

Frontman
06-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Hawk specifically mentioned when talking about this that he wasn't talking about beaning or hurting Ramirez. He only meant pitching inside and getting the batter to move their feet so that they do get so set and comfortable in the box.

The DJ commented was mentioned AFTER Edmonds had tweaked his leg running to first base and he said maybe they'd get lucky and Edmonds would have to leave the game. It was a harmless comment.

Some opposing fans just look for stuff Hawk says to bitch about. :rolleyes:

Plus 1. Hawk may be many things; but he certainly wasn't saying Ramirez needs to be hurt (he even said, "I don't mean hitting him, I certainly don't mean hitting him in the head. I mean, make him uncomfortable in the box.")

jfinsocal
06-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Let's go Brewers and Rockies (probably asking too much here).

Railsplitter
06-27-2008, 08:40 PM
The sweet smell of sucess! :bandance::bandance:

Lip Man 1
06-27-2008, 08:41 PM
This was an impressive win today for a few reasons…first the Sox had to jet back from the coast, two no Paul Konerko, three no Alexi Ramirez.

But to me the biggest reason this game was important and impressive was because of some postgame remarks by Dan Plesac. “the White Sox forced the action today, they were aggressive on the bases and made the Cubs make mistakes.”

Orlando Cabrera in particular, set the tone for today. His aggressiveness put the Cubs back on their heels and gave the Sox a few early runs. With all due respect to Swisher and Dye, HE‘S the game MVP.

And you know even though the Sox are the slowest team in MLB, they can still do some things to put the other club in a hole, force the issue, take them out of a comfort zone, make them make mistakes…we’ve seen this before.

Back in April on a Sunday game at U.S. Cellular, the Sox ran the Orioles right out of the stadium. They forced them to make errors and throw the ball away so don’t try to tell me they can’t be aggressive.

When they can find some way to score runs without settling into that “all or nothing” mentality, they become a very, very dangerous club.

I sincerely hope Ozzie keeps this approach at least through this weekend. The Sox are getting no help from this goofy, unfair, stupid interleague schedule and they need any edge they can possibly get to keep their nose ahead of an increasingly rabid pack of teams right on their tail who seem to no longer want to lose A game let alone drop into a losing streak.

And Jfin, you're right, Detroit's already knocking the Rockies apart.

Lip

DrCrawdad
06-27-2008, 08:45 PM
This was an impressive win today for a few reasons…first the Sox had to jet back from the coast, two no Paul Konerko, three no Alexi Ramirez.

But to me the biggest reason this game was important and impressive was because of some postgame remarks by Dan Plesac. “the White Sox forced the action today, they were aggressive on the bases and made the Cubs make mistakes.”

Orlando Cabrera in particular, set the tone for today. His aggressiveness put the Cubs back on their heels and gave the Sox a few early runs. With all due respect to Swisher and Dye, HE‘S the game MVP.

And you know even though the Sox are the slowest team in MLB, they can still do some things to put the other club in a hole, force the issue, take them out of a comfort zone, make them make mistakes…we’ve seen this before.

Back in April on a Sunday game at U.S. Cellular, the Sox ran the Orioles right out of the stadium. They forced them to make errors and throw the ball away so don’t try to tell me they can’t be aggressive.

When they can find some way to score runs without settling into that “all or nothing” mentality, they become a very, very dangerous club.

I sincerely hope Ozzie keeps this approach at least through this weekend. The Sox are getting no help from this goofy, unfair, stupid interleague schedule and they need any edge they can possibly get to keep their nose ahead of an increasingly rabid pack of teams right on their tail who seem to no longer want to lose A game let alone drop into a losing streak.

Lip

SPOT ON! SPOT ON!

I absolutely loved that they found a weak defensive link (Patterson) and took advantage of it time after time today.

Viva Medias B's
06-27-2008, 08:54 PM
What a day! I think visiting at Nativity of Our Lord Catholic Church at 37th and Union before the game paid big dividends for us.

spongyfungy
06-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I have a question. Why does M&M man behind home plate wear a jacket in 80 degree weather?

spongyfungy
06-27-2008, 09:02 PM
my friend told me Hawk called Nick Steve after the grand slam. true?

balke
06-27-2008, 09:04 PM

Lip

Detroit doesn't scare me as much as the Twins right now. When are we as fans going to learn not to count those jerks out. Time after time, they've taken a subpar paper team and turned them into winners. This is looking like no exception. Sox need to make distance and soon.

Viva Medias B's
06-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Detroit doesn't scare me as much as the Twins right now. When are we as fans going to learn not to count those jerks out. Time after time, they've taken a subpar paper team and turned them into winners. This is looking like no exception. Sox need to make distance and soon.

And speaking of the Twins, they've jumped out in front of the Crew 3-2.

Quentin08
06-27-2008, 09:44 PM
There still were people singing that at the bottom of the tunnel walking out of the ballpark today! :rolleyes:

What a game to be at! That's the best Sox/Cubs game I've been to since the 12-2 murdering of them three years ago! Christ, I did not expect that big of an offensive splurge. Jose Contreras definitely needs as big of a cushion as he can get.

Great games by Swisher (****ing GRAND SLAM?!) and JD!

The unsung play of the game: That double play in the top of the 3rd with the bases full of Cubs. THAT is what was the momentum shifter.

They never seem down when their team loses.. hmm, I wonder why.

How was the crowd at the game today? From watching on tv, it seemed the crowd was unusually sedated, even after the grand slam. It seemed like there was no spirited electricity coming from the crowd at all.

btrain929
06-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Great game all around.

As for the thread title:

:hawk "DJ, I looooooooooove alliteration."

Viva Medias B's
06-27-2008, 09:46 PM
And speaking of the Twins, they've jumped out in front of the Crew 3-2.

UPDATE: 6-3 Crew!

btrain929
06-27-2008, 09:49 PM

Indeed. I had to rewind it with my DVR to make sure I heard right. He said it right when Swisher and Quentin were doing the jump-n-bump in the dugout (I just made that up, and I think I like it, so I'm going with it).

soxrme
06-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Quite an uninspired call by the cub announcer.

MarySwiss
06-27-2008, 10:10 PM

So what?

MarySwiss
06-27-2008, 10:13 PM
They never seem down when their team loses.. hmm, I wonder why.

How was the crowd at the game today? From watching on tv, it seemed the crowd was unusually sedated, even after the grand slam. It seemed like there was no spirited electricity coming from the crowd at all.

Your point? Who is "they"? Do you mean "us," i.e., Sox fans? Or???

cws05champ
06-27-2008, 10:17 PM
SPOT ON! SPOT ON!

I absolutely loved that they found a weak defensive link (Patterson) and took advantage of it time after time today.
what a horrible defensive OF the Cubs put ou there today. way to exploit it as much as possible.

SoxGirl4Life
06-27-2008, 10:20 PM
what a horrible defensive OF the Cubs put ou there today. way to exploit it as much as possible.

Shhh.. we want the same guys out there the rest of the weekend

Seriously tho, what are their other options? Murton and DeRosa?

JB98
06-27-2008, 10:23 PM

They could probably put Cedeno out there if they had to.

SoxandtheCityTee
06-27-2008, 10:24 PM

Dunno, but Lou was quoted as saying Patterson will not be in left.

Madscout
06-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Lovin' me a White Sox winner. Imagine my joy at coming home tired from working with my inept coworker all day, and annoying customers to seeing 8-0 SOX! Lovin' me a White Sox winner.

gobears1987
06-27-2008, 11:16 PM
That was a great game. The Flub fans were ****ing annoying as were the fights. I was in Section 102 and there was a fight 7 rows behind me. What was going on there? I didn't see what started it and tried to pay attention to the game instead of the fight.

The Flub fans were pretty quiet though after Swisher's bomb. Then they tried to sing "Go Cubs Go" while walking down the exit ramps so we all responded by singing a certain song form Steam.

BTW, my record for the year is now 4-0! :bandance:

Bucky F. Dent
06-27-2008, 11:23 PM
UPDATE: 6-3 Crew!

No help tonight. Twinkies pulled it out 7-6.

Gonna have to do it ourselves.

Let's Go Boys!!!!!

gobears1987
06-27-2008, 11:24 PM
If it wasn't apparent already, Quentin is hot and out of his slump. Average is back up to .289.He was .280 at the beginning of the day. A 4/5 performance does a lot for him. Hopefully he'll build off of it.

hawkjt
06-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Jose was hanging by a thread in the 1st and 3rd and Derrick Lee bailed him out with doubleplays. That is the diff between winning and losing. Last weekend,Lee and Rameriez go deep and cubs win. Just a fine line. Today, thankfully it went our way.

Carlos Quentin looked so good at the plate today..it makes me think his hand is feeling much better. They actually had to drain it at some point..that is one nasty bone bruise.

Orlando Cab. hustled his ass off on the basepaths today. Tagging up was another big play today and then the out of the box double was sheer determination. Kudos to OC.

JD is also playing his ass off. Love it when JD is hot.

DrCrawdad
06-28-2008, 12:18 AM

yes

Sox
06-28-2008, 12:22 AM

Absolutely agree......amazing catch and also loved the Grand slam tater hit by Swish.......:bandance:

manders_01
06-28-2008, 12:28 AM

Indeed. I had to rewind it with my DVR to make sure I heard right. He said it right when Swisher and Quentin were doing the jump-n-bump in the dugout (I just made that up, and I think I like it, so I'm going with it).

yes

Vin Scully called him Steve more than once during that series. I think I've heard him called his dad's name more than any other player being called someone else's name. :D:

Noneck
06-28-2008, 12:35 AM

Yup, It happens with age. I still get caught calling Barry Bonds, Bobby. Someday you will be doing the same thing.

Hitmen77
06-28-2008, 12:53 AM

You can hear it right here at 41 seconds into the clip:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200806273013728

EuroSox35
06-28-2008, 01:24 AM
hahahaha, they played the cubs call of the slam on the replay, no kermit the frog screaming this time.

great game

SBSoxFan
06-28-2008, 06:44 AM
So much for Dempster's 2.48 road ERA!

I mentioned in another thread prior to yesterday's game that I couldn't understand why people thought the Sox might get swept again. The Cubs are a bad road team, and the Sox are a great home team. It seems there are a lot of teams like that this year. Why is that?

Also, the Sox offense looks great when guys are hitting to the opposite field. Why do they get out of so often?

DrCrawdad
06-28-2008, 07:27 AM
The Daily Herald said (http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=213270&src=152) that as fans were leaving Nancy Faust played this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKXm3Qg7sBo). Is that true? If true, very funny!

FarWestChicago
06-28-2008, 08:38 AM
And apparently the people who can't just enjoy the win as well. :rolleyes:Don't worry. This is WSI. Nobody shows up after a win. :redneck

ILuvThatDuck
06-28-2008, 08:57 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/3c/fullj.499d32949c15b191213edb0043436c0b/499d32949c15b191213edb0043436c0b-getty-80312793cc050_chicago_cubs_.jpg

Look closely to find skottyj.

SoxGirl4Life
06-28-2008, 09:11 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/3c/fullj.499d32949c15b191213edb0043436c0b/499d32949c15b191213edb0043436c0b-getty-80312793cc050_chicago_cubs_.jpg

Look closely to find skottyj.

I like it!

DeadMoney
06-28-2008, 12:25 PM
The Daily Herald said (http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=213270&src=152) that as fans were leaving Nancy Faust played this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKXm3Qg7sBo). Is that true? If true, very funny!

That is true. My girlfriend noticed it and mentioned it to me ... although, I believe it was after the 8th inning (right before the Cubs bat in the 9th).

And, just thought I'd post this :D: ...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3265/2617916323_903d9faf16.jpg?v=0

JohnnyInnsbrook
06-28-2008, 02:47 PM
I like it!
I saw those guys when i was leaving ... some dumb frat boy cubby thought it would be funny to pretend to try and steal it.

Frater Perdurabo
06-28-2008, 03:06 PM
I heard Hawk call Nick by his father's name at least twice during the game yesterday. NBD.

Nellie_Fox
06-29-2008, 01:00 AM
I heard Hawk call Nick by his father's name at least twice during the game yesterday. NBD.And so did Mark Grace on FOX today.