PDA

View Full Version : Sox really need to play their asses off these next couple of series

JermaineDye05
06-27-2008, 01:06 PM
With the Twinks a 0.5 game back the sox have a tough couple of series. The series with the Cubs is no doubt going to be tough, after that Cleveland comes in for 3, followed by 4 with the A's. Then the sox get a bit of a break getting to go to KC.

Meanwhile at home the Twins take on Milwaukee, I think their hitters will expose Milwaukees sub par rotation. Then Detroit comes in for 3, I believe the Twinks have owned the Tigers so far this year. After that they have the Indians for 3. Good news for the sox, when they go to face KC at home, the Twins have to take on Boston at home so we should be able to get a couple games on them no matter what happens these next couple of series.

hi im skot
06-27-2008, 01:23 PM
So...the White Sox should try their best to win the rest of their games this season...?

GAME ON!!!!!

chisoxfanatic
06-27-2008, 01:33 PM
At least have a 10-0 homestand!

TDog
06-27-2008, 01:33 PM
With the Twinks a 0.5 game back the sox have a tough couple of series. The series with the Cubs is no doubt going to be tough, after that Cleveland comes in for 3, followed by 4 with the A's. Then the sox get a bit of a break getting to go to KC.

Meanwhile at home the Twins take on Milwaukee, I think their hitters will expose Milwaukees sub par rotation. Then Detroit comes in for 3, I believe the Twinks have owned the Tigers so far this year. After that they have the Indians for 3. Good news for the sox, when they go to face KC at home, the Twins have to take on Boston at home so we should be able to get a couple games on them no matter what happens these next couple of series.

Some years the Brewers play the Twins tough even when the Brewers don't play anyone particularly tough. Of course, I can remember when the Sox did no worse than split against the Cubs and usually won the series.

The A's have a better team than last year, despite rebuilding. Their offense is better at manufacturing runs. The Sox took two out of three from the A's in April, which was especially impressive because the A's had been playing so well. A's fans couldn't believe their team was shut down by Danks on his 25th birthday and blamed their offense, but their offense really isn't so bad.

Tragg
06-27-2008, 02:04 PM
These aren't your daddy's Royals. They're pretty good and we have a ton of games left with them.

The Twins win 9 in a row: what is that? I don't think Milwaukee's much, but maybe they beat the Twins.

getonbckthr
06-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Minnesota will lose 2 of 3 to Milwaukee and Detroit, win 2 of 3 against Cleveland and get swept by Boston.

oeo
06-27-2008, 02:17 PM
These aren't your daddy's Royals. They're pretty good and we have a ton of games left with them.

Why? Because they're slapping around some NL teams?

Since when does winning interleague games mean you're a good team?

Tragg
06-27-2008, 02:30 PM

Since when does winning interleague games mean you're a good team? We lost 2/3 at home to the Rockies - where does that put us?
Oh that's right - I forgot - interleague games aren't important. I forgot that piece of wisdom from last week.
They're an improved team.

soxfanatlanta
06-27-2008, 02:34 PM

Since when does winning interleague games mean you're a good team?

There is an interesting article by J. Stark that covers this exact topic.

Linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&page=rumblings)

Cliff notes:

With the exceptions of The Cardinals, and DBacks, the WS winners have +=.500 records against the inter-league opponents.

Not a big sample size, but there is a correlation, IMO.

CHISOXFAN13
06-27-2008, 02:36 PM

The Twins win 9 in a row: what is that? I don't think Milwaukee's much, but maybe they beat the Twins.

You think the Royals are good, but the Brewers aren't much?

LOL.

bigsoxfan420
06-27-2008, 02:48 PM
I would settle for them to stop leaving so many guys on base, especially with RISP.