PDA

View Full Version : Uh, Ozzie? This did not work when KW did it!

Viva Medias B's
06-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Per the Cubune headline, Ozzie wishes the Cubs "Happy Anniversary" the same way KW did last week. Given what happened last weekend, wouldn't it be better if our people just shut the hell up about this and beat the Cubs on the field this weekend? Last week, I said I liked KW's attitude regarding this. However, I have come to realize that such talk only fuels the Cubs. And we don't need that at all.

:rolleyes:

Link (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080626-ozzie-guillen-chicago-white-sox-cubs,0,2884712.story) for those of you Tribune-registered

TheOldRoman
06-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Nowhere in that article did it quote Ozzie saying "happy anniversary". I doubt he actually said it.

I think it is another case of an ambitious headline writer going overboard. It looks like the reporters went after Ozzie to try to stir some ****, and asked him about Kenny's comments last week.

BTW, what he says about the media is 100% true. They were all sitting on their hands waiting for the Sox to collapse in 05, and were overjoyed with the horrible year the Sox had in 2007. As Ozzie said, the Sox have to prove them wrong on the field.

Viva Medias B's
06-27-2008, 12:25 AM
BTW, what he says about the media is 100% true. They were all sitting on their hands waiting for the Sox to collapse in 05, and were overjoyed with the horrible year the Sox had in 2007. As Ozzie said, the Sox have to prove them wrong on the field.

Now that I agree with completely and then some. The media hates our guts, and it is the fiduciary responsibility of the entire White Sox organization from Jerry Reinsdorf on down to us the fans to fight it.

scarsofthumper
06-27-2008, 01:01 AM
C.hicagos
U.ltimate
B.itch
S.quad

chisoxfanatic
06-27-2008, 01:19 AM
C.hicagos
U.ltimate
B.itch
S.quad
And, of course, to all of us here:

Chicago's
Unimportant
Baseball
Squad

SoxFan78
06-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Now they are just making up stuff. Nowhere in the article does it say Ozzie wishes the cubs anything. Oh well. 3 straight will shut a lot of the media up.

soxpride724
06-27-2008, 10:46 AM
I think our guys were embarrased about last weekend, and will enter this series like a shark, silent and ready to attack.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-27-2008, 10:50 AM
I think our guys were embarrased about last weekend, and will enter this series like a shark, silent and ready to attack.

That is the mentality that I'm hoping they're going with. I want the players to show up to the park like this.

:club:
"Let's Play Ball Bitches"

Foulke You
06-27-2008, 12:07 PM
The media always paints the Sox as the villains in these crosstown matchups as long as I can remember. AJ gets sucker punched by Barrett and somehow AJ ends up being the villain in the story. Ricky Gutierrez slides spikes high into Royce Clayton and Chris Singleton was painted as the villain for retaliating later in the same game with a spikes high slide of his own. Sosa shows up pitchers every time with his lovetap hotdog routine yet Valentin was painted as the bad guy when he had the "gall" to mock it. This is just another chapter. In 2008, Danks and Ozzie say they dislike Wrigley and KW responds to a question about the 100 year losing anniversary and suddenly, the Sox are nothing but a bunch of lowlife trash talkers. Whatever...if they want to make us the big bad villains from the big bad south side let them. As long as we clean their clocks this weekend, I can care less.

chisoxjtrain
06-27-2008, 01:46 PM
And, of course, to all of us here:

Chicago's
Unimportant
Baseball
Squad

Completely
Useless
By
September

chisoxfanatic