PDA

View Full Version : Who is pitching tomorrow for the Cubs?

basilesox
06-26-2008, 09:42 PM
I know Jose is going for us. I see on cbs sportsline and ESPN they are showing Gallagher, but I see Dempster on Yahoo and Mlb.com (which i take to be the most official).

I am asking for a couple of reasons.
1. I am going tomorrow
2. Right now the site in which i gamble at is showing Dempster versus Contreras and the Sox are favored -110. While i am not a huge fan of betting that with the way Dempster mowed us down last week, i can place an action bet and get that price if Gallagher pitches. I am guessing the line will be somewhere around -130 or -140 with Gallagher on the bump, so i would take the action bet if i knew Gallahger was throwing for sure.

Anyone got the skinny on this:scratch:

chisoxmike
06-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Dempster

Madscout
06-26-2008, 09:47 PM
I know Jose is going for us. I see on cbs sportsline and ESPN they are showing Gallagher, but I see Dempster on Yahoo and Mlb.com (which i take to be the most official).

I am asking for a couple of reasons.
1. I am going tomorrow
2. Right now the site in which i gamble at is showing Dempster versus Contreras and the Sox are favored -110. While i am not a huge fan of betting that with the way Dempster mowed us down last week, i can place an action bet and get that price if Gallagher pitches. I am guessing the line will be somewhere around -130 or -140 with Gallagher on the bump, so i would take the action bet if i knew Gallahger was throwing for sure.

Anyone got the skinny on this:scratch:
Hopefully, we can return the favor.

DumpJerry
06-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Dempster is winless on the road this year.

Let's keep it that way.

chisoxmike
06-26-2008, 10:03 PM

Let's keep it that way.

Yeah but he's still pitched very well on the road. He's had some bull**** losses where he would give up a couple of runs but the Cubs couldn't hit for ****. I wouldn't but too much stock in the fact that he's winless on the road. He's been pretty remarkable all season long.

MCHSoxFan
06-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah but he's still pitched very well on the road. He's had some bull**** losses where he would give up a couple of runs but the Cubs couldn't hit for ****. I wouldn't but too much stock in the fact that he's winless on the road. He's been pretty remarkable all season long.

True. Still, I still am giving a chance to win tomorrow. Now, Sat/Sun should be a lot easier.

TDog
06-26-2008, 11:01 PM
I am hoping that the Sox will do better against Dempster the second time around. I was listening to the early innings of Sunday's game at O'Hare, and both Ed Farmer and Steve Stone were talking about how Dempster has a different look this year. Certainly, it can't hurt facing him in consecutive starts. He likely isn't going to pitch much better than he did his lat time out. Contreras, on the other hand, is due for a better outing. I hope it works that way, at any rate.

By the way, if you're a Sox fan listening to your team play the Cubs in O'Hare Field and a woman at your gate asks if you are listening to the "Cubs" game, just say no. I said yes and got to hear at length about how great Saturday's game was.

soxwon
06-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Tommorow is the biggest game of the season, if we lose, we will lose 2 of 3, if we win, we will get 2 wins.
JC better be on his game, we have to payback these turds.

chisoxmike
06-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Tommorow is the biggest game of the season,
:upsidehead:

SBSoxFan
06-27-2008, 08:07 AM

Does this sound a little like Danks?

All this does is point to the fact that the Cubs aren't a very good road team. Given that, I can't understand why so many people here expect the Sox to get swept or only win 1. I guess too many people were blinded by their rage over last weekend.

BRDSR
06-27-2008, 08:37 AM
:upsidehead:

Meh...every successive game of the season is the biggest game of the season at this point. I mean, which other game is the biggest game of the season so far?

And, although six games is six games no matter the opponent, 2-4 or 3-3 against the Cubs this season would look a lot better than 1-5 or 0-6. Lets get some wins.

SoxGirl4Life
06-27-2008, 10:45 AM
ESPN.com says Gallagher is starting today. Mistake? or change?

PatK
06-27-2008, 10:54 AM
I am hoping that the Sox will do better against Dempster the second time around. I was listening to the early innings of Sunday's game at O'Hare, and both Ed Farmer and Steve Stone were talking about how Dempster has a different look this year. Certainly, it can't hurt facing him in consecutive starts. He likely isn't going to pitch much better than he did his lat time out. Contreras, on the other hand, is due for a better outing. I hope it works that way, at any rate.

By the way, if you're a Sox fan listening to your team play the Cubs in O'Hare Field and a woman at your gate asks if you are listening to the "Cubs" game, just say no. I said yes and got to hear at length about how great Saturday's game was.

Dempster isn't tipping his pitches this year. That's why he does that thing with his glove in his delivery.

soxpride724
06-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Dempster isn't tipping his pitches this year. That's why he does that thing with his glove in his delivery.

I hope he cramps his wrist.

Foulke You
06-27-2008, 12:10 PM
ESPN.com says Gallagher is starting today. Mistake? or change?
As far as I know it is still Dempster. Lou shuffled his rotation for us yet again. This time to make sure Marquis did not pitch in game 1 at The Cell.

SoxGirl4Life
06-27-2008, 12:19 PM
As far as I know it is still Dempster. Lou shuffled his rotation for us yet again. This time to make sure Marquis did not pitch in game 1 at The Cell.

They changed it. Now they say Dempster. Yeah, and about Lou, how obvious could he be?

chisoxfanatic
06-27-2008, 12:21 PM
They changed it. Now they say Dempster. Yeah, and about Lou, how obvious could he be?
No kidding. I thought these games "didn't matter to the Cubs and their fans...blah blah blah." Yea, right!

I like our chances the second time around.

DumpJerry
06-27-2008, 05:18 PM

Let's keep it that way.

Ahem.

I stand by my post. :):):):)

TDog
06-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Ahem.

I stand by my post. :):):):)

I never doubted you. In fact, things played out as I expected, as my previous post in this thread shows.

Generally, a pitcher with the skills Dempster possesses who pitches well at home on Sunday and faces the same team on the road on Friday isn't going to have an easy time. The Sox pretty much saw the best that they could get from Dempster in Wrigley Fled, while Contreras had much better command today than he did against the Cubs on Saturday.

JB98
06-27-2008, 07:35 PM
I never doubted you. In fact, things played out as I expected, as my previous post in this thread shows.

Generally, a pitcher with the skills Dempster possesses who pitches well at home on Sunday and faces the same team on the road on Friday isn't going to have an easy time. The Sox pretty much saw the best that they could get from Dempster in Wrigley Fled, while Contreras had much better command today than he did against the Cubs on Saturday.

Contreras had better offspeed stuff today as well. He still wasn't his sharpest, but he made far more quality pitches today than he did last Saturday.