PDA

View Full Version : Classic Scrub

OfficerKarkovice
05-07-2002, 06:55 PM
From the ESPN board:

Sammy and Big Mac played part in the greatest season in baseball history. I'll trade that for one division title. If you don't win a ring, it don't mean a thing.

Sammy makes every Cub game interesting, no matter if we're 40 games below .500. I wouldn't trade that to get swept out of a ALCS.

And every Sox fan is proven right :)

Pete_SSAC
05-07-2002, 10:35 PM
Who here agrees with me that the Scrub fans won't be able to make an arguement about attendence as soon as Sosa is done?

Since the Unholy COnfides will become a ghost town.

Oh course, it might be a full season beforre they notice he is gone.

- Pete

Nellie_Fox
05-08-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Who here agrees with me that the Scrub fans won't be able to make an arguement about attendence as soon as Sosa is done?

Nope. Wrigley will still be a tourist attraction. The busses from Iowa were there before Sammy, they'll be there after.

CubKilla
05-08-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Since the Unholy COnfides will become a ghost town.

Oh course, it might be a full season beforre they notice he is gone.

- Pete

One season? Giving the sCrUB fans alot of credit there Pete. LOL. But seriously, Shammy Soso was just tearing up the AL in '93 when we traded him for George Bell. MySox memories of Shammy are striking out more often than not on the low, outside slider. The only reason Shammy has become the player he is today is because:

1. He has learned to lay off the low, outside slider;
2. He plays in a park where if someone sneezes behind home
plate the ball is gone; and
3. He's dropped 60 pounds since ditching the Mr. T starter kit.