PDA

View Full Version : Mark Buehrle-St. Charles, Missouri-Floods

Soxfanspcu11
06-26-2008, 08:24 PM
We all know about the flooding that has been occuring in parts of the Midwest. Especially in the states of Missouri, Iowa and Kansas.

I know that Buehrle is listed as being from St. Charles, Missouri. I saw pictures of the town of St. Charles and it looks like it has been entirely devastated.

Does anyone know if this has affected any of Mark's family and/or friends?

How big is the town of St. Charles? I mean, is it a farming type of town that has a large land area? Meaning that it is spread out and thus, the destruction would be limited. Or is it like a suburban community? I doubt that this is the case because if it were, I think that We would have heard of much more destruction.

Anyways, I was just kind of curious about this. I am pretty surprised that no reporters have asked Mark about this or that a story has not been done on this and how it has possibly affected Mark.

If he is indeed from the town of St. Charles, then he must have some people still in the area that are close to him. I mean, he may have moved his close family out of there but if he grew up there, then he has to still have friends and associates there. It just makes sense that he would. I know that if something happened like this in My Hometown, there would be a lot of people that I know who would be affected. But then again, I am from a Suburban type of town and the damage would be that much worse because it is a town that is set up with subdivisions, as opposed to a town that I believe St. Charles is, where I think it is more like a farming town.

So has anyone heard anything at all? I think it is pretty weird that this has not even been brought up with Mark. Chances are, this has indeed had some sort of affect on him.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-26-2008, 08:34 PM
We all know about the flooding that has been occuring in parts of the Midwest. Especially in the states of Missouri, Iowa and Kansas.

I know that Buehrle is listed as being from St. Charles, Missouri. I saw pictures of the town of St. Charles and it looks like it has been entirely devastated.

Does anyone know if this has affected any of Mark's family and/or friends?

How big is the town of St. Charles? I mean, is it a farming type of town that has a large land area? Meaning that it is spread out and thus, the destruction would be limited. Or is it like a suburban community? I doubt that this is the case because if it were, I think that We would have heard of much more destruction.

Anyways, I was just kind of curious about this. I am pretty surprised that no reporters have asked Mark about this or that a story has not been done on this and how it has possibly affected Mark.

If he is indeed from the town of St. Charles, then he must have some people still in the area that are close to him. I mean, he may have moved his close family out of there but if he grew up there, then he has to still have friends and associates there. It just makes sense that he would. I know that if something happened like this in My Hometown, there would be a lot of people that I know who would be affected. But then again, I am from a Suburban type of town and the damage would be that much worse because it is a town that is set up with subdivisions, as opposed to a town that I believe St. Charles is, where I think it is more like a farming town.

So has anyone heard anything at all? I think it is pretty weird that this has not even been brought up with Mark. Chances are, this has indeed had some sort of affect on him.

I heard on either yesterday or the day before's pregame (probably Tues when he pitched) that his property had escaped any damage. Sounds like it a pretty good size city, 60,000 population.

DSpivack
06-26-2008, 09:10 PM
I heard on either yesterday or the day before's pregame (probably Tues when he pitched) that his property had escaped any damage. Sounds like it a pretty good size city, 60,000 population.

Yeah, it's a far-flung suburb of St. Louis, on the Missouri River.

pearso66
06-26-2008, 11:24 PM
It's a pretty good sized town, If I remember correctly, it's pretty hilly too, so it's possible his house or parents house are higher up. My uncled used to live there, and we used to drive through there a lot for vacation, but it's been a while.

WhiteSox5187
06-27-2008, 12:03 AM
I believe i read in the tribune earlier this week that his property is undamaged and that all of his family and friends are safe.

DSpivack
06-27-2008, 12:38 AM
I believe i read in the tribune earlier this week that his property is undamaged and that all of his family and friends are safe.

Crede has property in Missouri, as well, if I am not mistaken. Scully mentioned that much on the Dodgers' broadcast this afternoon.

Soxfanspcu11
06-27-2008, 02:57 AM

Really? If you are indeed remembering correctly, then that is very good news to hear! I am incredibly happy for him and his family/friends if this is indeed the case.

This is what I was looking for though. Something that actually addressed the situation and gave some sort of an answer. Do you know of a way to access the Tribune's past articles? Do you have to "Sign Up" or "Register" or anything like that to read old articles? I have no problem registering if I don't have to pay a fee or anything. If I do, obviously that is a different story. But if anyone knows how I could go about doing this, please let Me know. I would like to read this article that you speak of.

Thanks though for at least some info regarding it. I do appreciate that.:smile:

whitesoxwilkes
06-27-2008, 09:34 AM

Yeah, there was a blurb about it in Gonzales' notes on Monday.

Ironically, Mark's Dad retired from being the head of the St. Charles Public Works Department a few years ago.