PDA

View Full Version : Cooper heading to the DL?

SoxNation05
06-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Some of the funniest reactions I have ever seen.

sox1970
06-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Classic. Hopefully they'll be laughing about it on the plane, after a Sox winner.

Tekijawa
06-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Probably to help the Padres fix Prior? Consulting gig?

BadBobbyJenks
06-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I would love to be on that plane ride home.

Frankfan4life
06-26-2008, 06:29 PM
For those of us who couldn't see or hear the game because we were at work, would someone kindly explain what happened to Coop?

sox1970
06-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Cooper got kicked out of the game for yelling at the 1st base umpire about a check swing call. The call was horrible, by the way.

Coop stayed in the dugout, but he threw his pitch counter as he was going down a step, and he pulled his hamstring. He grabbed his leg as soon as he threw the thing, and as he limped to the tunnel, he looked back at the camera.

Not only was that hysterical, they showed the players watching it in the camera monitor and cracking up.

I'm sure they'll replay it tonight.

DickAllen72
06-26-2008, 06:37 PM
After the first base umpire blew a check swing strike call, Cooper was on the ump and got thrown out of the game. A while later they showed Coop back in the dugout throw his pitch-clicker as hard as he could against the wall, and then immediately grab his ass as he pulled his hamstring. He then tried to nonchalantly walk back into the clubhouse but couldn't hide his pain.

Frankfan4life
06-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Cooper got kicked out of the game for yelling at the 1st base umpire about a check swing call. The call was horrible, by the way.

Coop stayed in the dugout, but he threw his pitch counter as he was going down a step, and he pulled his hamstring. He grabbed his leg as soon as he threw the thing, and as he limped to the tunnel, he looked back at the camera.

Not only was that hysterical, they showed the players watching it in the camera monitor and cracking up.

I'm sure they'll replay it tonight.
Thanks DickAllen72 and Sox1970. I can't wait to see the replay.

Frontman
06-26-2008, 06:40 PM
When Coop turned back around with his jaw clenched; it just made it all the more funny. He'll laugh when his leg feels better, I'm sure. But in the meantime; I bet he's madder than a wet hen with getting hurt throwing something in the dugout.

hawkjt
06-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Swish was trying not to laugh about it in the postgame....tension from last weekend is gone, I think.
Thank god Coop is the coach not a still a pitcher.

oeo
06-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Swish was trying not to laugh about it in the postgame....tension from last weekend is gone, I think.

The only people that were tense, were around here. The Sox just said they got their asses kicked and moved on.

Lip Man 1
06-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Cooper left the game on crutches according to Scott Reifert.

Lip

jabrch
06-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Get to work Herm...

soxpride724
06-26-2008, 07:30 PM
I hope Coop feels better, but I also hope this loosens up the guys and they have a good, loose plane ride home so they can whomp ass on Friday.

chisoxfanatic
06-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Swisher couldn't even attempt to not laugh...he was cracking up even more than he did on the field and behind the camera! Oh, Swish, you wacky one! Gotta love you!

That was the play of the season! :D:

MCHSoxFan
06-26-2008, 09:40 PM
I would love to be on that plane ride home.

Yeah! Me too. My friend is am I am sooo jealous! I am gonna ask him how it was.

Frankfan4life
06-26-2008, 10:17 PM
I hope Coop's injury is not too serious. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sick003.gifGet well soon Coop. We need ya!

AngryCollins
06-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Sitting on an airplane for 4 hours after pulling a hamstring must have hurt like hell.

soxrme
06-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Coop was having a bad day yesterday. He tried to argue with the morning guys on the score about anything they talked about. Melton was asked about it this morning and said some days you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed. And Stone said the night before he kept going to the wrong hotel rooms and couldn't open the doors with his key.

Mr.1Dog
06-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Coop was having a bad day yesterday. He tried to argue with the morning guys on the score about anything they talked about. Melton was asked about it this morning and said some days you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed. And Stone said the night before he kept going to the wrong hotel rooms and couldn't open the doors with his key.

I heard that also last night. Me thinks Coop participated in a little:gulp:

Walker29
06-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Swisher couldn't even attempt to not laugh...he was cracking up even more than he did on the field and behind the camera! Oh, Swish, you wacky one! Gotta love you!

That was the play of the season! :D:

Coop with the Torn Hammy! Swish with the Worm! I can't stand it!

PatK
06-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Is it just me, or did Coop's throwing mechanics look like that of a sissy?

That whole thing was hilarious.

getonbckthr
06-27-2008, 03:09 PM
This may sound crazy but could this type of thing, due to the comedy aspect, help this team? The best was when I believe Wise walked up the stairs as Coop walked down he stopped and let Wisego by so he wouldn't know he was hurt.

WhiteSoxJunkie
06-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Coop should use the film of his injury as an example of how NOT to deliver a pitch.

Frontman
06-27-2008, 10:15 PM
I heard that also last night. Me thinks Coop participated in a little:gulp:

Or he did what so many of us have done; forgot what room he was in. If you're on the road that much, it can be easy to forget what your room number is. Hell, I forgot on one vacation, and I was only gone a week!

kruzer31
06-28-2008, 01:13 AM
If you didnt see it, here it is

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pNyAkbS43-Y

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pNyAkbS43-Y

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZdIzNa68eKQ&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dJUah0jtheI&feature=related