PDA

View Full Version : Garza no hitting Marlins

Sockinchisox
06-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Through 6.

Also the Rays announcers were mimicking Hawk throughout the 6th, when Garza K'd a batter one of them said "He Gone!" and his partner said "You owe Hawk some money for copyright infringement now".

Lorenzo Barcelo
06-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Through 6.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=280626128

Sockinchisox
06-26-2008, 02:14 PM
It's over, Hanley just homered.

I_Liked_Manuel
06-26-2008, 02:15 PM
i should probably send an apology his way - he gave up a home run no more than 2 seconds after i turned the game on

palehozenychicty
06-26-2008, 02:18 PM
I still don't understand why the Twinkies gave him away. Young could become a perennial All-Star, but...

oeo
06-26-2008, 02:29 PM
I still don't understand why the Twinkies gave him away. Young could become a perennial All-Star, but...

Garza apparently has attitude problems.

It's not like Young is an angel, but there may have been issues with Garza and Twins management. :dunno:

palehozenychicty
06-26-2008, 02:46 PM

It's not like Young is an angel, but there may have been issues with Garza and Twins management. :dunno:

I wondered that as well, because he had too much ability for them to let him go like that. Plus they trade Johan, you'd think they'd stockpile quality young arms, rather than give them away. :scratch:

JB98
06-26-2008, 02:54 PM

Garza and Gardenhire didn't get along. They exchanged unpleasantries in the press a couple of times. Garza is a talented but prickly pitcher. He went at it with his catcher in the dugout a couple weeks back.

WhiteSox5187
06-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Garza and Gardenhire didn't get along. They exchanged unpleasantries in the press a couple of times. Garza is a talented but prickly pitcher. He went at it with his catcher in the dugout a couple weeks back.
I saw that, the interesting thing was while Garza was chirping with his catcher he still kept his glove over his mouth so no one could see what he was saying.

SoxNation05
06-26-2008, 04:59 PM
It's over, Hanley just homered.
bingo for fantasy.

FedEx227
06-26-2008, 05:12 PM
I saw that, the interesting thing was while Garza was chirping with his catcher he still kept his glove over his mouth so no one could see what he was saying.

Don't blame Garza for that fight. Navarro was screaming at him, getting in his face... on the mound. That one is on Navarro, take that **** to the dugout.

WhiteSox5187
06-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Don't blame Garza for that fight. Navarro was screaming at him, getting in his face... on the mound. That one is on Navarro, take that **** to the dugout.
I only saw some of the highlights I just thought it was funny that he was clearly screaming yet covering his mouth as if he might give up a sign or something.